NEW FORUM BADGES!

Who would like to see the new "Achievements" feature turned off?  I don't find them useful.

That would mean the badges, rankings and all that stuff would be gone. Only the number of posts you have made would remain like it use to be. I'm not sure if reputations would be gone or not.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Like a thread you don't like or want to read, ignore them.  It looks like people are having fun with them and anything that we can find amusing in todays world must be good! Have fun like BOZO is doing!  (sorry Ed couldn't resist!) 

dave s 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Ronnie said:

Who would like to see the new "Achievements" feature turned off?  I don't find them useful.

That would mean the badges, rankings and all that stuff would be gone. Only the number of posts you have made would remain like it use to be. I'm not sure if reputations would be gone or not.

While I greatly appreciate the hard work Peter G. along with all moderators dedicate to this forum, I wish to apologize to him/them for not supporting these latest changes as they make this forum seem something like a car event/gathering/show (or elementary school class) where everyone gets a participation award and especially when they don’t really have anything directly to do with (old) cars. 

I participate (only) on couple of other car forums and on those member’s post count and location are displayed on their “avatar”(?), but all other information, including “achievements”, etc can be found on their personal profile page, should another member need or wish to research their “reputation”(?).

You know, sort of like it was here before these latest “upgrades(?)”

If anything, only new added feature I wouldn’t mind seeing available is something like “thumb down” which another member can use to dis-approve a post or commentary in it, just like the current “thumb up” features.

Edited by TTR (see edit history)

Dang, folks! What is all the fuss about. Free [to user ] forum. A new feature that does no harm, as far as I can tell.  Probably no "good" either . And one would think the world is coming to an end!   Just ignore them if you want.  Instead of fussing, post something constructive.  Like , what YOU DID today, maybe?

Peter, I would not have your job for ANYTHING!  

Ben

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
6 minutes ago, Ben Bruce aka First Born said:

Instead of fussing, post something constructive.  Like , what YOU DID today, maybe?

Ben

Agreed.
Instead of spending (wasting?) this much time on interweb, we should be driving our cars or working on them to that end.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, pont35cpe said:

Well i have another thing listed, which i don`t see on anyone else, "0 warning points", what`s that about? Did i say something i shouldn`t have, hurt someones feelings? I did have a posting disappear down the rabbit hole a while back.

59 minutes ago, coachJC said:

I have the " 0 warning points " on mine also....guess I will need to pick things up a alittle bit😁

I have zero warnings as well.

I see that I have been a member for 14 or so years. This must be why I am feeling old.

7 hours ago, Ben Bruce aka First Born said:

Dang, folks! What is all the fuss about. Free [to user ] forum.

Free lunch, new rope, you know the image that comes to mind when those words are used. It ain't like you have a picture of OpieTaylor flash into your mind.

I'd complain
you'd complain
she'd complain
we'd complain
you'd complain
they'd complain

• Haha 1

I just noticed my badges and had a couple of thoughts:

1.  Deciphering them translates to I'm a loser with too much time in front of the computer.

2. I like the "Crown" decorator.   I hope newbies notice that and pay the proper respect to the 20k hours it took me to get there.

• Haha 1
  • 1 month later...