Oh no what did I do? Now I need a new Username.

auburnseeker

Comment of my “convertible sedan” issue............

Not all of them are unacceptable to me.........

The Auburn is one of the best looking ones made..........

When collecting multiple cars.......which I do, they usually don’t fit into my garage strategy. Yup, I plan on what I collect.

The only ones I find acceptable are either too expensive...............aka Packard Custom Dietrich split windshield, V-16 Cadillac Murphy;

or the chassis and platform are not appealing to me, or they are just heavy in their lines.

The ACD brands all appeal to me, and MOST body styles in ACD cars are better than average in style.............

The only reason I absolutely didn’t jump on the car..........I’m a V-12 guy at heart...........and I am intrested in playing around with the platform..........I have extensive experience in wrenching and working on all the ACD engines.............extensive means having my hands in the engine internals..........I have dug in deep on the Duesenberg A & J, and even played around with an X. Auburn eights have succumbed to my hands also.....with and without blowers. The Cord is the one brand a I have had less to do with, but have worked on the straight and V-8 cars to a reasonable extent. I want to tear into a V-12 Auburn.........just have that itch that needs to be scratched. Don’t get me wrong........Randy’s car would have filled the void I wanted to fill..........it just made more sense for him to have it than for me.

Edited by edinmass (see edit history)
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, auburnseeker said:

Ed you are going to let the cat out of the bag.  Shhhh!

🤫

Not me.......but the boys are gonna flip when the see the other one...........and yes, there really is another one! SURPRISE!

Someone did post you can’t have just one..........and they were correct.

7 minutes ago, auburnseeker said:

So how long do I drag the next reveal out?

Well, this thread has over 2000 hits in 24 hours.........people are definitely intrested.......I would say a photo of them both side by side tomorrow night would be appropriate. 🤔🤐

4 minutes ago, edinmass said:

Well, this thread has over 2000 hits in 24 hours.........people are definitely intrested.......I would say a photo of them both side by side tomorrow night would be appropriate. 🤔🤐

Why do I feel like I'm on second base trying to steal 3rd?  

4 minutes ago, Laughing Coyote said:

Where's the Cord and Dodge?

The Cord and Dodge are in the other bay.  The 32 Ford is in the middle and the Hudson of course is in front  of the Auburn.  I can even still walk around.  (well sort of) I figured I wouldn't be buying any more cars until the shop was done.  Then this happened. 

Randy, I have a factory Model J air horn with compressor, and all the accessories on the shelf.........yup, for real. It’s one of three or four known in the J world. I took it off a JN that the owner didn’t like the looks of it under the hood. I kinda liked it..........

White walls.........well, first you can’t even consider them unless you have side mount covers. Not sure what to do with your wheel color yet.........I will need some more photos of the car outside..........not sureI can even come up with something that will look correct or better.

Classic sailboat owners say you have the right boat if, when you've put it on its mooring and are rowing your dinghy back to shore (facing your boat), you want to linger and enjoy the view.  I hope you clear a path from where you park to where you enter your home, because you're going to walk that path backward slowly while you linger and enjoy the view, and you don't want to trip.  That is a glorious machine. May it give you many years of pleasure.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, edinmass said:

White walls.........well, first you can’t even consider them unless you have side mount covers. Not sure what to do with your wheel color yet.........I will need some more photos of the car outside..........not sureI can even come up with something that will look correct or better.

Well I think I atleast have the face plates if not the rings as well. Turns out someone gave me a set of sidemount covers This summer and I wasn't sure what they fit.  From what I have found on line and tried on the wheels I might just have a winning set.  

Strange how some things come to be.

As I mentioned I almost as in had cash in hand and was literally a second away from yelling out an offer on that 32 Plymouth at Hershey that probably would have taken it,  but I stopped dead.  I had this feeling there was something better waiting. 

Never expecting it to be this a few months later. 

I still have to sneak a peek when I go by the garage to make sure it's in there. 

How long does that last? 

• Haha 1

That is so much better looking than the one I was trying to look at for you in central Illinois.  I like the styling of the early thirties models much better than some of the later ones.  You were right to wait - and man did it pay off!  Just a beautiful car from every angle.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, edinmass said:

In the last two weeks I helped three people locate a pre war car and secure it. I enjoy helping others find the car they always wanted. Best part of the hobby.....helping others and making friend doing it.

Hey ED, I will be your friend.

Ever since I was about 12 years old and a doctor neighbor of mine had an old rusty Pierce Arrow that he took out maybe once or twice a year one has been on my bucket list.

Now that am retired and could probably afford one I don't know where to look.

I am partial to the big sedans, (the later ones) although the docs was a roadster.

These days a well sorted patinaed original appeals more to me than restored cars. But as a recent buyer in this thread exclaimed "beggars cant be choosers".

Jack....sold the perfect car for you at Hershey................Just needed tires and glass replacement. All original 35 Club Sedan..............send me a pm and i'll give you a buzz.

95864F51-5D5F-4483-8F8D-28B7BF0E8C76.jpeg

41 minutes ago, edinmass said:

Jack....sold the perfect car for you at Hershey................Just needed tires and glass replacement. All original 35 Club Sedan..............send me a pm and i'll give you a buzz.

95864F51-5D5F-4483-8F8D-28B7BF0E8C76.jpeg

Yup.

Sorry for the hijack Randy.

Edited by JACK M (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Boom! Convertible sedan! I knew it! What do I win?

Awesome car, Randy. You're going to love it. Like Ed said, a few minor tweaks and you'll have a great car that will be welcome anywhere. Congratulations again!

PS: Just a few well-placed pinstripes in the right color can work wonders. This burgundy one came to us without stripes and adding a few subtle lines in a fairly neutral taupe color really transformed the car.

021.thumb.JPG.05da99eaef6e49cd0f21e83e2f49edcb.JPG  023.thumb.JPG.b0e1358447e47393b65103b5fda2cb1b.JPG  024.thumb.JPG.787d29f32a969b0c1d30c45dc505716e.JPG

026.thumb.JPG.45e1a1af3b916e5c24c60884c07abe6b.JPG  012.thumb.JPG.5ec1daaf9d328a0bba14173f501f7048.JPG

• Like 3