Please introduce yourself...

On 11/23/2017 at 8:48 PM, JohnD1956 said:

Love em all but especially t the Electra!

Love em all but especially the 38 slant back.  Welcome aboard and hope you'll make this a regular pit stop. Please tell us more about that '38  and all your awesome Buick's in the Me and My Buick forum.

On 11/23/2017 at 8:21 PM, JSElectra225 said:

IMG_20171118_170710.jpg

IMG_20170325_124445.jpg

IMG_20161204_125455.jpg

FB_IMG_1485544952432.jpg

• Like 1

Hi , my name is AndrewTriggol from England.

my Father and I have around 18 cars between 1912 and 1935.1912 (Buick model 35) , 3 Model T Fords, 2 Sunbeams  a 1924 Nash Model 691 and a Morris Cowley along with 6 Austin’s. 3 x 12/4 , one 18 hp and two 20 hp.

Really  like this era cars they are great fun!!

On ‎1‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 3:16 PM, AndrewTriggol said:

Hi , my name is AndrewTriggol from England.

my Father and I have around 18 cars between 1912 and 1935.1912 (Buick model 35) , 3 Model T Fords, 2 Sunbeams  a 1924 Nash Model 691 and a Morris Cowley along with 6 Austin’s. 3 x 12/4 , one 18 hp and two 20 hp.

Really  like this era cars they are great fun!!

Welcome.

hey , gary here just got a 55 roadmaster Riviera , first " new to me " buick since my 76 2 door lesabre.  this roadmaster is some what of a mistery to me a I am learning it would be easier to find a unicorn than some of the parts that I need ! HAHA.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, thegnu said:

hey , gary here just got a 55 roadmaster Riviera , first " new to me " buick since my 76 2 door lesabre.  this roadmaster is some what of a mistery to me a I am learning it would be easier to find a unicorn than some of the parts that I need ! HAHA.

Welcome aboard Gary thegnu,  look forward to maybe seeing you and the roadie in the Me and My Buick forum. And the Post war for all the tech stuff. And the Buy Sell for all the parts you'll need. :D  

On 1/15/2018 at 7:59 AM, thegnu said:

Don't worry, lots of unicorn dealers on here....

• Haha 1

Hi there! I’m Karl, have a 64 Buick riviera I have been working on. I’m a tech at a Chevy dealership, for about 16 yrs. I have built a few cars but the rivi is a WHOLE new beast! Love it! I’ll include some pics of the rivi and a 33 ford truck I built. Look forward to learning from y’all! 

E770D968-11E7-4D0A-82A3-0B2672A838F8.jpeg

44D8E101-5FD6-412E-BA02-EA74DB9B51BC.jpeg

34FC680B-B3C4-4A01-AD2E-B439F2A47C48.jpeg

7C4EF7EC-2A19-4FA0-85A3-49F68DC04307.jpeg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/18/2018 at 9:19 PM, Byondxtrme said:

Hi there! I’m Karl, have a 64 Buick riviera I have been working on. I’m a tech at a Chevy dealership, for about 16 yrs. I have built a few cars but the rivi is a WHOLE new beast! Love it! I’ll include some pics of the rivi and a 33 ford truck I built. Look forward to learning from y’all! 

E770D968-11E7-4D0A-82A3-0B2672A838F8.jpeg

44D8E101-5FD6-412E-BA02-EA74DB9B51BC.jpeg

34FC680B-B3C4-4A01-AD2E-B439F2A47C48.jpeg

7C4EF7EC-2A19-4FA0-85A3-49F68DC04307.jpeg

Like the water reflection shot!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi, another new guy here. I just got a 1962 Lesabre. My uncle bought it new, when he died it went to his sister (my Aunt), when she died, my brother acquired it (1992). My brother recently died and now I have it. When my brother got it, it had about 45,000 miles on it. In spite of being a plain Jane, nothing special car, he adored it and proceeded to drive the wheels off of it. It currently sits at about 137,000 miles. I was somewhat critical of this at the time. But I now realize that that is what they were meant to do; not sit in a garage never being used.  It's a little rough at the moment. As his health declined, he really couldn't care for it the way he would have liked. 

I'm trying to get all of the systems working properly (turn signals, heater and carb). I bought a points replacement system for it as well as some new door seals and some modern 3 point seat belts. I probably will also change over to front disk brakes. My 9 year old son loves it and wants to ride in it, so I want it to be as safe as possible. Hopefully it will remain in the family for a long time to come. 

These are a couple of pictures from when the truck picked it up in Arizona to bring it back to the Midwest. It got a nice bath after it arrived. The car originally had no options other than the tinted windshield. My brother added power brakes and steering. Also, it has a 364, which surprised me since most of what I've read says it should have a 401. 

I used to have a 1962 Impala and I have to say the difference is night and day. 

Regards,

Dan 

9b587e78-db48-44ae-8715-5478cd7382e1.png

510589a5-6f2f-4b2d-937b-cac342518df3.png

Edited by drhach (see edit history)
  • Like 5

Thanks for the kind words. I'm in Wadsworth Illinois. NE Illinois,right by the Wisconsin border. My brother lived in Kenosha before him and the car moved to Arizona. I'm getting the car slowly sorted. It clearly was not setup for colder weather. I noticed the heater was disconnected. I pressure tested it before reconnecting it. Yup, it leaks. 

Edited by drhach (see edit history)

On ‎2‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 3:45 PM, drhach said:

My brother..

Welcome to the Forum Dan, 

First my condolences on your Brothers passing.  That has to be very hard. 

Please set up a thread in the me and my Buick section of this forum.  I would like to follow your progress.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/9/2010 at 5:36 PM, buick5563 said:

Recently, I have noticed a lot of activity with people who have less than 20 posts. I, for one, am excited to see this. If you have always wanted to get into the fray around here, kindly introduce yourselves . We really don't bite, and there is more automotive knowledge here than you can find anywhere else on the web.

Welcome in...

Hello my name is joe and i have an 85 buick riveria 

On 10/9/2010 at 5:36 PM, buick5563 said:

Recently, I have noticed a lot of activity with people who have less than 20 posts. I, for one, am excited to see this. If you have always wanted to get into the fray around here, kindly introduce yourselves . We really don't bite, and there is more automotive knowledge here than you can find anywhere else on the web.

Welcome in...

Hello my name is joe and i have an 85 buick riveria 

• Like 1

Hello,

My name is Christophe, I'm 39 years old.
I live in France near beaches landing Normandy.

I bought a BUICK RIVIERA '68 in November 2016 in New Hampshire.
I received it in Le Havre on January 13, 2017.

I register on your forum to learn a lot about American cars and especially the Riviera of 1968!

I thank you in advance for your welcome!

Here are some pictures of my Riviera while waiting for me to create a subject on my Riviera.

Christophe

3 minutes ago, ChristopheNormandy said:

Hello,

My name is Christophe, I'm 39 years old.
I live in France near beaches landing Normandy.

I bought a BUICK RIVIERA '68 in November 2016 in New Hampshire.
I received it in Le Havre on January 13, 2017.

I register on your forum to learn a lot about American cars and especially the Riviera of 1968!

I thank you in advance for your welcome!

Here are some pictures of my Riviera while waiting for me to create a subject on my Riviera.

Christophe

Your photos aren't showing, but welcome!!!  Look forward to seeing your riv.

On 3/15/2018 at 8:08 PM, ChristopheNormandy said:

Welcome!  I own a '67 Riviera, so I certainly understand your attraction to them!  Be sure to visit the Riviera Owner's Association (ROA) forum.  You'll find many others eager to help you get the most enjoyment possible out of your Riviera.  ;)

http://forums.aaca.org/forum/73-buick-riviera-riviera-owners-association/

Hello, my name is Roy. I was born and raised in Phoenix,Arizona. I just recently purchased my first Buick. A 1955 Special 2dr. hardtop. It has a v-8 with a 2 barrel carb. with a automatic. It's all orignial with no rust, but it's been repainted at one time. I will try to post pics as soon as I learn how.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

My name is Dave and I've been in and out of bouts with "Buick fever" since I was 12 yrs old sneakin one of my old man's cigarettes in a 1931 Buick 8-86 coupe that was lounging in the garage in Wayne, MI.  That car was a sad case, it had suffered a fire and a lot of the wood was burned out of it.  Sometime during it's lifetime it tossed rod #6 right thru the side of the block and wore the big braze patch on the block like a badge of courage.  The car was originally purchased by my dad who spotted it sitting in a field he drove by on the way home from Ford Motor where he was a Custom Vehicle manager.  My brother was graduating high school about that time and my dad bought the car with the idea it would be a father/son project.  It ran awful when it came home and removal of the head revealed 6 iron pistons still in place and 2 aluminum pistons whose rings were all gathered at the top of the cylinder bores they occupied.  Eventually my brother went off to Purdue to get his electrical engineering degree and the Buick became my project.  I put it in  another garage that had amenities such as lights and electricity that the homestead garage lacked and tore that car apart, body off, engine out, 2 rods to first a welder then to a machinist who restored the wrist pin holes to original size since they had been hogged out for the larger pins of the aluminum slugs.  Then the block, rods, crank, pistons and cam gear went to another auto parts place with a machine shop and all the bearings were re-babbitted, crank ground and all parts fitted.  I reassembled the engine and put it back in the frame.  The Marvel heat riser system had been capped off at both exhaust and carburetor ends because the heat riser had burned out.  I had a machine shop flycut the old tubes out of the heat riser and press fit new stainless tubes, cross drilled for the butterflies.  I found a guy in Nottawa, MI, Burton Waldron who bent up a new exhaust system and supplied a new old stock muffler out of his barn.  I got the engine all together and voila- it ran beautiful, idled like a watch.

I sold that car off after becoming frustrated with the body restoration.

Many years later I bought an 1931 8-57S sedan with wires and side mounts.  I didn't look carefully enough at that car either as someone sand blasted the paint off the body and did a poor job of protecting the glass.  After hauling to Michigan from Marietta Ohio and rounding up a ton of parts for the car I realized I could afford neither the money or the time to restore it and wound up selling it off.

So now I'm retired and bored with winters in Port Huron, MI where we get lots of snow and some brutally cold weather.  I'd been bugging to get another car for awhile but the boss who is just retired was concerned that we had too much on our plates having just bought a new Ford Superduty P/U and a 5th wheel camper and with a road trip planned to visit my daughter and grand daughter in California.  All that said there was a recent E-Bay listing for a 1931 8-66S that looks to me that the heavy lifting is already done, body off restoration of chassis, running gear, drive train, fenders, gas tank cover and running board shields painted BLACK which is correct for all 1931 Buicks, radiator front shutters will be re-painted black, beautiful burgundy body paint, padded top and landau irons, golf door and rumble lid.  I finally convinced the boss to let me bid on it and I wound up owning it.  In the next few weeks we will drive to Illinois and load it on a trailer and fetch it back to Michigan where I will now have something to do in the winters.  I re-joined BCA having been a member twice before and discovered the Buick Heritage Alliance where I already purchased a bunch of 1931 Buick literature.  I will be on the "Wanted to Buy" portion of the parts board as I'm already looking for a few missing parts, most notably one of the headlight support stands, golf door hinges and original brake and clutch pedals.

s-l1600[5] (2).jpg

output.jpg

s-l1600[4] (5).jpg

output (1).jpg

• Like 5

34 minutes ago, Str8-8-Dave said:

My name is Dave and I've been in and out of bouts with "Buick fever" since I was 12 yrs old

So now I'm retired and bored with winters in Port Huron, MI where we get lots of snow and some brutally cold weather.   there was a recent E-Bay listing for a 1931 8-66S that looks to me that the heavy lifting is already done, body off restoration of chassis, running gear, drive train, fenders, gas tank cover and running board shields painted BLACK which is correct for all 1931 Buicks, radiator front shutters will be re-painted black, beautiful burgundy body paint, padded top and landau irons, golf door and rumble lid.  I finally convinced the boss to let me bid on it and I wound up owning it.  ...

s-l1600[5] (2).jpg

VERY NICE !!!  Welcome home to Buicks and back to the BCA too. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • MrEarl pinned this topic
  • MrEarl unpinned and pinned this topic

Hey gang,

Growing up I always thought I would be into Fords as so many models are iconic.  First old car I could buy at 16 turned out to be a '40 Buick Special 2 Dr. sedan.  I drove that as my daily transportation for many years (purchased in 1972).  Still have it and did steer me towards Buicks a bit over the years.  A Buick here and a Buick there accumulated over the years makes for a pile of them as the decades last.........

Ernie

Buicks .jpg

• Like 6

35 minutes ago, Ernie E said:

Hey gang,

Growing up I always thought I would be into Fords as so many models are iconic.  First old car I could buy at 16 turned out to be a '40 Buick Special 2 Dr. sedan.  I drove that as my daily transportation for many years (purchased in 1972).  Still have it and did steer me towards Buicks a bit over the years.  A Buick here and a Buick there accumulated over the years makes for a pile of them as the decades last.........

Ernie

HOLY COW!!  Welcome to the forum

• Like 1