Please introduce yourself...

Recently, I have noticed a lot of activity with people who have less than 20 posts. I, for one, am excited to see this. If you have always wanted to get into the fray around here, kindly introduce yourselves . We really don't bite, and there is more automotive knowledge here than you can find anywhere else on the web.

Welcome in...

• Like 2

Hi I am Brian and I'm a Buickoholic!

Speaking of Buickoholic...

Hi, I'm Derek and I'm a Buick Nut...I know logically I can't save them all, but unfortunately, it seems I keep trying...the new building under construction will reduce / eliminate my space constraint and that scares me a bit.

Dunno Serb,

I just thought maybe there should be an introduction section somewhere, since it appears there are some newbies starting to chime in. More of a howdy. As I stated in a more unpleasant post, maybe a "long time listener, first time caller" type thing. Maybe we can grow the club through the Internet rather than the BCA membership application under the windshield wiper. I know that personally, my closest friends in the club are all regulars here. (and this doesn't include the four or five guys I knew before I found the forum)

My intent was to break the ice and show that we are a bunch of people out to enjoy our Buicks and have a good time. So, to all of you lurkers, do not be afraid to jump in here and let us know who you are. You will probably make more new friends and look forward to all of the back and forth.

Jump right in, the water is fine.

My name is Brian, I think I introduced myself a few years ago, but I don't post much so here I go again.

I grew up a Pontiac fan, but a little over 15 years ago I ran into a '62 Electra four door sedan that spoke to me (not literally) and I bought it. A couple months later I enlisted in the Marine Corps, so the car went into storage. I probably should have sold the car at that point, but my father-in-law had a place for me to store it (which I did for about 8 years). Eventually I got to a point in my Marine Corps career where I could afford to get the car out of storage and bring it to where I was living and even do a little work on it once in a while. Now, I'm living in Georgia, have the car in Georgia with me, and am (very) slowly working on it.

BTW...I'm interested in any '62 Electra information that people are willing to share. My Electra seems to be a bit of a "stripper", a term that sounds odd when connected with an Electra.

Brian,

I hate to tell you this, but you seemed cooler with Location: San Diego.

:D

See, it's fun!

Just kidding brother. You know, there is a pretty (in)famous BCA Forum Member / Former Marine in Ga.

I can tell you for sure that I would have been a lot cooler this summer in Location: San Diego. . Talk about a shock to the system...going from the comfortable coastal SoCal weather to hot and humid GA.

You talking about the one and only Mr Earl? I am hoping to make a pilgrimage to his location to check out his collection at some point during my tour in GA.

Guest Lbrauer

I am Larry and I live in Alvin Texas with my wife, daughter, her fiance and my two grandsons. I became disabled in 2005 and haven't been able to work since then. I have a lot of doctors appointments each month on what's going on with me. In 2005 November I got a virus that is called Guilding Bree' that attacks the nerves in your body and also gives you neroperty of your muscels. I try to enjoy my life the best I can. I have a 1952 ford F1 truck that my sons and I restored and now I have a 1948 Plymouth Special Deluxe Coupe that we'll do the same thing to I'm keeping it a 6 volt system. My son also has a 52 F1 truck that we are working on as we can to get it restored. I enjoy life as it is. I look forward to finding out a lot of information on this form about cars.

Edited by Lbrauer (see edit history)

Recently, I have noticed a lot of activity with people who have less than 20 posts. I, for one, am excited to see this. If you have always wanted to get into the fray around here, kindly introduce yourselves . We really don't bite, and there is more automotive knowledge here than you can find anywhere else on the web.

Welcome in...

Mike I am Chuck Kerls and I am with the Reatta Division. My other half and I have a great time with our Buicks. I try to never stir the pot but sometimes it just happens.

Always have a good time at the National meets, have met lots of folks and it is always good to see everybody

I would like to see everybody put a photo of their cars on the gallery here on the website. Mine are there

Chuck Kerls

booreatta@cox.net

I am Larry and I live in Alvin Texas with my wife, daughter, her fiance and my two grandsons. I became disabled in 2005 and haven't been able to work since then. I have a lot of doctors appointments each month on what's going on with me. In 2005 November I got a virus that is called Guilding Bree' that attacks the nerves in your body and also gives you neroperty of your muscels. I try to enjoy my life the best I can. I have a 1952 ford F1 truck that my sons and I restored and now I have a 1948 Plymouth Special Deluxe Coupe that we'll do the same thing to I'm keeping it a 6 volt system. My son also has a 52 F1 truck that we are working on as we can to get it restored. I enjoy life as it is. I look forward to finding out a lot of information on this form about cars.

That's what I'm talking about.

Welcome aboard Larry.

Welcome Larry,

I just picked up a 52 F1 project that will be my wife's truck when done. It will be modified but I'll probably be picking your brain in the future when I get started on it.

Rich

I'm in NW Arkansas, Eureka Springs. Signed up here a couple years ago when I was going to look for some parts. The internet has sure changed how we do things.

I was in the Buick club for years, joined in about 79 maybe. At that time, my opinion was that the little magazine was short on technical info, and real long on things like arguing about the exact hue and authenticity of a certain engine paint color.....stuff like that. And there was always some subtle ragging about club members not being involved locally........I was like, "Hey, do you want my dues or not?"

Then I bought a couple Studebakers, and joined that club; just the opposite- technical all day long. I loved that Studebaker magazine.

Now I am into English motorcycles. Obsessed with them, but intending to get my old Roadmaster back on the road.

This is just what Mike is talking about. Welcome to all of you new members and a welcome back to the re-introductions.

Brian, no matter what....do not let Mr Earl charge you for a tour of the Buick Garden. He likes to take advantage of the new tourists. When he makes enough money from the entrance fees, he buys another Buick ('54 that is), you can tell by the size of the "Garden" how many paying customers he has shown around.

Hello.... I'm MrEarl.buba.gif I like to take naps and dream about 1954 Buicks. When not napping, the warden has me working in Buick Gardens. I am up for parole in November and plan to get back to my Buick projects then. Brian, pay no attention to that crazy Serbian, I don't charge to get into Buick Gardens, just to get out.

I am currently in goof off training under Robert E Coker, (Bob) the highest ranking goof off of all ProGoofOffs. I hope to become a full time goof off just like Bob in about 2 years. This is me (with the 54 Buick mustache) and Bob in the red truck on the phone probably trying to locate another Motorama Buick.

Edited by MrEarl (see edit history)

I`m Bob and I`m a professional goof off. I have a few Buicks.

I brought back from Hershey the `55 series 68 prototype and bought a `54 76RX for peanuts and will pick it up ( 95 miles away) tomorrow.

DROOOOL, Mr Earl

I haven't even seen the '54 76R yet but I will give you twice as many peanuts as you paid for it.

HOWDY!! From North Central TX!

Although I didn't really get excited by Buicks in my earlier years (actually, it was Fords as Dad's banker bought a new '57 Fairlane 500 4-dr sedan after we'd bought a new '56 Plymouth Savoy sedan . . . even a two-tone), but there were many aunts, uncles, and neighbors who owned Buicks. So I've been around Buicks most of my life--this seems to be true of many who grew up in the 1950s, by observation.

At the BCA National Meet in Flint, MI in 1988, I came to a better understanding of what Buick was about AND also came to have a higher appreciation of the brand. Like many, I perceived that Oldsmobile was at a higher level in the GM group than Buick, which is not as it was. But being a car person, I had knowledge of all of GM's vehicular products, just not some of the "insider" details--plus Fords and Chrysler products. Within months of returning from that Flint meet, I got my own BCA membership . . . and, as they say, "the rest is history".

Oh . . . and I am a long-time GM car partsperson . . . over three decades and counting. YIKES!! Being around cars day in and day out, seeing what makes them tick or knock or "be quiet" hasn't diminished my automotive enthusiasm . . . not yet, probably not ever.

I might not be a true "Buickholic", but I do have two . . . a '68 5467 and a '70 4437. Both in "dry dock" right now.

(Now back to 5563's desired format . . . ) "Long time reader, Part time "lurker", Long time poster".

Enjoy!

NTX5467

• Like 1

Hello I am DRAGNRIK... Oh wait, that's not my real name.

I like slow walks on the beach, old chick movies, sharing my inner thoughts and fishing for old Greeks (what was that all about?) or did he say old Geeks?

I have a special fondness for Apollos, Opals and early 80's one of a kind Buick Compacts.

My sign is Pisces. except during leap year when I am Studebaker.

My favorite foods are Lefsa, Kringla, anything with cheese on it and Budweiser or Millwaukee's Best Light.

So welcome all and keep those cards and letters coming.

Edited by RICK YOUNG (see edit history)

Do you think Mike's thread has been hi-jacked and messed with? GOOD!

Seriously, all of you new Buick People, join in.

It happens.

Ain't nothin' to it, but to do it!

I forgot who I was aiming for now (see above re: Adult Beverages). There's a bunch of pseudo-newbies posting on the Post War tech, maybe they don't bother looking at the 115.

Edited by buick5563 (see edit history)

Guest robi`s parts

Hello, I`m dwight ( robi`s parts )....just new here....not a strong Buick man, but a real old -car-nut.......I just like any and respect all old cars and trucks. I`ve owned over a hundred different cars and trucks in my lifetime....mostly fords. I found this 47 Buick , that I have for sale, on Ebay about three yrs. ago. I`ve lost my storage , and the car is outside in this Ohio weather....it has to go before winter. I can`t stand to see it go down hill. So, all you Buick Guys......letS DEAL. Save this ol girl before she is too far done.

I'm Mike. I got a '48 Roadmaster Sedanette back in May of this year; I wasn't looking for one, it just spoke to me when I saw it. Prior to the '48, I had a '63 Skylark hardtop which someone bought from me at a stoplight, and, before that, a '54 Chrysler New Yorker sedan which got ruined in a flood.

Seems like this post has taken a funny slant for the regulars here but I think that it is still a good topic for the newbies.Since I consider myself one of the new bloods,I'l post here too.

My name is Hector Flores and I'm a member of the BCA(42718),the Carolina Chapter and the Modified Division.I own a '69 Electra,'79 Electra Limited and a '95 Roadmaster.I hope to get a '70 Wildcat in the future and see what I can do with my cars on the 1/4 mile just to say that I did it and get what I can of the Bucik powerplants.I don't show my cars but I drive them any chance that I get.

Please,don't waste your time telling me what I should do with my cars as far as restoring them or keeping them as they are,I will do with them as I please.If you don't like my aproach to the cars you will be welcome to make an offer for them and buy them,then you can do what you want with them(except the '79).Go Buick!!!

Hector,

You, Malo, Cubelodyte, and 57 Jim were four of the dudes I was thinking about when I started this thread. I like that y'all just jumped in headfirst. I know that there are others.

I also realize that some of the drama here can be a bit much at times, and I wish I could stay out of it. The cool thing about the Buick side of things as opposed to the AACA portion of this website, is that most of the folks who post here are generally cool with the "your car- do whatcha wanna do".

Anyway, a formal welcome, Sir.

Malo, you too.