Please introduce yourself...

4 minutes ago, MrEarl said:

heck yea, welcome aboard 5 dimer and let us hear your thinkin down in the Modified Forum.

Are you saying I should not be in this forum?

22 minutes ago, 5 dimer said:

Are you saying I should not be in this forum?

Yer fine, Ryan.

The Buick forums are split into a variety of categories.  For example, the General stuff is usually not model/year specific, the post-war is where you'd ask questions about factory mechanicals, and the modified is where you'd showcase a diesel powerplant or airbag suspension conversion. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello AAC,

I just acquired a 1965 Buick Riviera from my uncles estate, he ordered the car new in 65 in Seafoam green with a 610 green interior

I'm in the process of restoring this car to it's former glory, it's been sitting for several years now and all things considered it's in decent shape.

hopefully I'll have it done in a few months - if any of you could help me find the service bulletin on the clamshell motor that would be helpful

My uncle took it out and it's apart so I'm trying to determine if I have all the parts, the service manual doesn't have much on that motor

here's a pic of it in Oklahoma before it left to California

Buick 9-12-2016 037.jpg

• Like 4

Guest Radarguy

Hi, my name is Troy.

I just wanted to introduce myself and say thanks for all the help you guys have unknowingly given me. This place is a wealth of knowledge.

I picked up this 55 Special last November and have been busy getting it back on the road ever since.

So far I've replaced the fuel tank, deleted the mechanical fuel pump and added an electric one, changed to electric wipers, replaced the radiator, replaced the torque ball seal, replaced the pinion seal (never want to do that again!), pulled the motor and replaced all of the gaskets, replaced front transmission seal, and replaced kingpins, idler arm and sway bar end links.

I'm sure I've done a lot more to it but without the information I picked up from this place some of those projects would have been much more difficult. So, thanks again.

I have a lot more to do to it but I'm in no hurry and it's a fun driver in the meantime.

image.jpeg

Guest Radarguy
On October 3, 2016 at 7:42 PM, First Born said:

Welcome, Troy. Beautiful '55.

Texas is BIG. Wherebouts are you?

Ben

Thanks Ben. I'm in the Houston area.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/9/2010 at 5:36 PM, buick5563 said:

Recently, I have noticed a lot of activity with people who have less than 20 posts. I, for one, am excited to see this. If you have always wanted to get into the fray around here, kindly introduce yourselves . We really don't bite, and there is more automotive knowledge here than you can find anywhere else on the web.

Welcome in...

I started with a 40 Buick series 40-41 in 1973 before I had a drivers license.  Loved the Buick, it was (is) the most beautiful car in the world to me.   For some reason I did not join the BCA back then, but did join the Vermont Automobile Enthusiasts (VAE) club which held several Buick guys like Clark Wright, Joe Bettis ad Bob Jones.  The Buick had to go when I went to college.  I kept a wrench and torch in my hands all this time though, and still have a 67 Mustang convertible I bought 30+ yeas ago. I finished its' restoration 3 years ago.  Since then I added a 1941 Ford pick up on which I am learning the art of bodywork by creating my own patch panels, welding sheet metal and using hammer and dolly techniques to avoid bondo. These are great examples of mass produced cars, but far from the luxury of a Buick.  I will soon have a 1940 Buick 76C parked in the garage - I am thrilled and have visions of straight 8's and engine turned dashboards dancing in my head.

Ken

VMF small.jpg

small avitar.jpg

Edited by sixseven
How the heck do I reduce picture size?? (see edit history)
  • Like 4

• 1 month later...

My name is Peter. And I am looking for a '63 Riviera that I intend to use as a DD. Although I might consider a '65.

I like the interior of the 63 and the body of the 65. 64 just does not do it for me, nice cars though.

It would be nice if the car had some updates like disc brakes and a 700r or 2004r trans.

I am in Northern California if anybody finds anything interesting please contact me, and I can go and visit it.

I am leaving the sports car scene and heading into an American car. My background is from the 60s and Chevrolets.

Looking to offer my knowledge to this group if I have anything to add.

Thanks

Here are a couple of my favorite things.

IMG_0636.JPG

Edited by still looking (see edit history)
  • Like 3

On ‎12‎/‎15‎/‎2016 at 7:00 PM, still looking said:

My name is Peter. And I am looking for a '63 Riviera that I intend to use as a DD. Although I might consider a '65.

I like the interior of the 63 and the body of the 65. 64 just does not do it for me, nice cars though.

It would be nice if the car had some updates like disc brakes and a 700r or 2004r trans.

I am in Northern California if anybody finds anything interesting please contact me, and I can go and visit it.

I am leaving the sports car scene and heading into an American car. My background is from the 60s and Chevrolets.

Looking to offer my knowledge to this group if I have anything to add.

Thanks

Welcome.

you might want to post in the Buy/Sell!

Edited by wndsofchng06 (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Larry Lapham

Hello:  Larry Lapham from Billerica MA. 1964 Riviera owner and ROA member doing a "body on" resto going on 12 yrs. ( 9-10 yr. gap) and here looking for door alignment info. Have owned a 67 Riviera and a 1956 Special convert in the past.

Thanks for the opportunity.

Larry

• 4 weeks later...
Guest joshmarkkus

Hello, I am new to the forum and new to the classic car world as well. I recently acquired a 1955 Buick Super 

The car has been sitting in a barn since the 80's. It has 96k original miles. It does run and drive but I've got some bugs to work out though.

20170123_171714.jpg

Edited by joshmarkkus
Add photo (see edit history)

Hi there. 

I'm new here even if my Buick history started 34 years ago. Not that I ever had one but the thing is that when I was 19 I was offered to buy a 61 electra and I really wanted it but as always in that age I just didn't have the money so I ended up with a chevelle -76 instead. Yeah, not all that fun but that was what I could afford at the time. The chevy is gone many years ago (got kids, bought house,....). But the Electra never left my mind. Since the kids are grown up now I could start up my car-hobby again. Two years ago I did buy myself a quite beaten up Volvo 544 -1960 that I have spent a lot of time restoring. But the Electra still didn't leave my mind. This christmas I was browsing some ad's online for Volvo-parts and for some reason I did a search for convertibles just for fun. And then I did see IT!!! Well, ok. Not an Electra -61 but something even better, a LeSabre -60 and it was for sale for a good price just 100 miles from home. Needless to say I went there and fell in love at first sight. So now it's hanging out in my garage waiting for summer. Have only replaced the seals on the doors and trunk, will probably do more next winter but first I want to enjoy it during the summer. 

/Ola

IMG_2740.JPG

1 hour ago, MrEarl said:

Welcome aboard LeCat! Hopefully you have already joined the BCA? 

Also please post your great story down in the Me and My Buick forum and follow up with more about your LeSabre 

by the way, where are you?

Thanks MrEarl :)

I will join BCA, don't have my wallet near right now to do so.

I live part time (most of the time) in Sweden (where I have the LeSabre) and part time in Cyprus. Just hate the winters in the north.

But at the time I was offered the Electra I was living in Tucson, AZ.

/ola

10 hours ago, LeCat said:

Hi there. 

I'm new here even if my Buick history started 34 years ago. Not that I ever had one but the thing is that when I was 19 I was offered to buy a 61 electra and I really wanted it but as always in that age I just didn't have the money so I ended up with a chevelle -76 instead. Yeah, not all that fun but that was what I could afford at the time. The chevy is gone many years ago (got kids, bought house,....). But the Electra never left my mind. Since the kids are grown up now I could start up my car-hobby again. Two years ago I did buy myself a quite beaten up Volvo 544 -1960 that I have spent a lot of time restoring. But the Electra still didn't leave my mind. This christmas I was browsing some ad's online for Volvo-parts and for some reason I did a search for convertibles just for fun. And then I did see IT!!! Well, ok. Not an Electra -61 but something even better, a LeSabre -60 and it was for sale for a good price just 100 miles from home. Needless to say I went there and fell in love at first sight. So now it's hanging out in my garage waiting for summer. Have only replaced the seals on the doors and trunk, will probably do more next winter but first I want to enjoy it during the summer. 

/Ola

IMG_2740.JPG

Awesome car!!!  X2 on the welcome.

• 1 month later...
Guest Lowcustom10

Hi! 

I'm Mike, I'm 28, I live in between Wisconsin and Chicago, originally from the East Coast. I'm a sheet metal fabricator for a hot rod shop. I have a 55 Buick Special that I've had for almost 8 years now. 

20161021_145246-1.jpg

41 minutes ago, Lowcustom10 said:

Hi! 

I'm Mike, I'm 28, I live in between Wisconsin and Chicago, originally from the East Coast. I'm a sheet metal fabricator for a hot rod shop. I have a 55 Buick Special that I've had for almost 8 years now. 

20161021_145246-1.jpg

I really like the grill treatment here!

11 hours ago, Lowcustom10 said:

Hi! 

20161021_145246-1.jpg

Welcome, Mike..  Beautiful car. Please do not be a stranger

Ben

• Like 1

Hello.....

Been a member of the forum for the past 5 years and a member of the AACA for years... I'm into GM vehicles, specifically Chevrolet,  but I keep finding myself visiting the Buick forum!  Great stories and information here.... I'm really gaining an appreciation for the Buick brand and I have interest in the Skylark model ( late 1960 to early 1970 model year ) Hopefully their might be one in the future for me !

Thanks

• Like 3

1 hour ago, steveimpala said:

Hello.....

Been a member of the forum for the past 5 years and a member of the AACA for years... I'm into GM vehicles, specifically Chevrolet,  but I keep finding myself visiting the Buick forum!  Great stories and information here.... I'm really gaining an appreciation for the Buick brand and I have interest in the Skylark model ( late 1960 to early 1970 model year ) Hopefully their might be one in the future for me !

Thanks

Hi Steve, I hope there might be a Skylark in the future for you, too!

• Like 3

Guest kcdano

Greeting all from Kansas City. New Member looking to take the jump into my dream car world, so please bare with me. I am 49 news young and just now too the point i can do this.. So my first question is care value.... Example, i found an 1987 GN with 30k miles that is stated to be a Grade #2 via hagerty, the classic dealer is asking $31k for it- 100% stock.. How do i know that is a true good value for this car? The car is at volo classic cars in IL. WWW.volocars.com 

I would appreciate your guys help on this.

Thanks 
Dan