Raise your hand if you drove at least one old Buick this weekend

JohnD1956

12 hours ago, Elpad said:

Going back to the garage after a car show

Thanks for the ride Elpad!  I am really missing my cars right about now!  And this week will be filled with trashy weather in my area. 

I am looking out the window at about 4" of snow that came down since dawn, more coming, then maybe rain. I was planning to get my '60 Electra out Thursday and take a ride along Lake Ontario with my Wife and have dinner at a nice place we know for our 37th wedding anniversary. We have been able to do that for the last few years. We'll see.

I looked up the gem for 37 years. It is alabaster- gypsum and calcite. Maybe I will pick up a 4X8 piece of drywall and make a nice section of garage wall for her. If I can get it home dry.

Bernie

No pictures. Finally got the Buick out of the parking stall by digging out 6 inches around it. Much rocking back and forth to get out of the spot, and dragged my front wheels turned straight out. Roads were clear and the parking lots were plowed except for mine and the one above it. The Taco Bell was well worth the effort. Getting into a new spot was a bit challenging, and I sunk straight into someone else's spot sideways. So, I spun the rear tires until the car swung in straight. We're expecting 6 inches more, so we'll see how it goes. Looks like I'm grounded for the weekend travel!

Drove the 1937 Roadmaster 80C about 65-70 miles to a local club function-

member restored a grand home on New Orleansa area Westbank-

got fantastic pics of home, and forgot to take pics of Roadmaster

4F115B63-C5F0-42B0-8C49-901B78681102.jpeg

89514DBE-0B11-41B9-93FB-FEF05D9306B2.jpeg

C8617114-049F-4AE5-9C09-52EE9BFFA3F5.jpeg

Edited by Marty Roth
Add pics (see edit history)
  • Like 6

I had both the 1941 Buick Roadmaster and the 1991 Buick Park Avenue out this past week in preparation for the AACA National in Ocala.  Unfortunately, it looks like my wife's pre-surgical health problem will keep her from driving the '91 and following the '41.  I'll know for sure today as we have an appointment at Tampa General.  She put off her surgery until after the Ocala show but I'm beginning to wonder if that was wise.  Anyway here are the two cars.  If I can only take one, it will be the '91 because of the A/C and easy ride comfort.  Here is a picture of the two cars I had out test driving last week.

41 Buick Finished 4.JPG

1991 Buick Park Avenue Princess.jpg

• Like 6

On 2/19/2019 at 5:21 AM, Dynaflash8 said:

I had both the 1941 Buick Roadmaster and the 1991 Buick Park Avenue out this past week in preparation for the AACA National in Ocala.  Unfortunately, it looks like my wife's pre-surgical health problem will keep her from driving the '91 and following the '41.  I'll know for sure today as we have an appointment at Tampa General.  She put off her surgery until after the Ocala show but I'm beginning to wonder if that was wise.  Anyway here are the two cars.  If I can only take one, it will be the '91 because of the A/C and easy ride comfort.  Here is a picture of the two cars I had out test driving last week.

41 Buick Finished 4.JPG

1991 Buick Park Avenue Princess.jpg

Earl, wishing you safe travel to Ocala, and our best to Judy_

We are driving modern just to judge, and to support the Southeastern National at Ocala

Edited by Marty Roth (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Our local AACA Chapter took a local tour to a great BBQ Restaurant, followed by a trip by a great old fashioned Country Store. We had about 20 various cars and enjoyed a great meal and bought too many home style baked items at the Country Store. We ran into a little bit of rain but still enjoyed the day.  We covered about 130 miles on the tour. 

DSC_0845.JPG

DSC_0859.JPG

DSC_0860.JPG

DSC_0873.JPG

• Like 6

42 degrees in the frozen wilds of western New York right now and I just got back from a run up Main St. and back. That's about a 3 mile round trip. It has been sitting patiently since the last warm day, around the first of the year.

001.thumb.JPG.aa07e1c549cd46bd7bef1baac79ac50d.JPG

• Like 4

We are pretty mild here in Southern Ontario as well, just a few degrees above zero, and the roads are clean as well. So, I drove the '41 Roadmaster out to have breakfast at a local favourite. A couple of pictures in front of the local [former] school, now a brewery restaurant, and one other business occupy it. Then I had to go and pick up supplies for tomorrow's dinner, and I took it out again, as it was still a nice day. I could driven it all day today, I think. Ran well, and not much traffic. Its' tucked away again in anticipation of the incoming storm.

Keith

Buick41Nixon1.jpg

Buick41Nixon2.jpg

• Like 6

5 hours ago, MCHinson said:

Our local AACA Chapter took a local tour to a great BBQ Restaurant, followed by a trip by a great old fashioned Country Store. We had about 20 various cars and enjoyed a great meal and bought too many home style baked items at the Country Store. We ran into a little bit of rain but still enjoyed the day.  We covered about 130 miles on the tour. 

DSC_0845.JPG

DSC_0859.JPG

DSC_0860.JPG

DSC_0873.JPG

I sure miss that Carolina B-B-Q.

Nice bunch of cars.

Ben

• Like 1

Drove the 91 Buick Park Avenue up to the AACA National Meet in Ocala on Thursday, 140 difficult miles with what seemed like 96 traffic lights.  She did great.  At the National Show today she was awarded a National First Junior Award......weighs 8 1/2 pounds.  Will drive back to Sebring, FL tomorrow, same lousy route.  Driving with a purpose is what I believe in.  Car has over 3400 miles on it now...will be about 3600 when I get back home.

• Like 9

This probably doesn't count with most guys, as my 1990 Reatta I drove this week during a snow storm isn't old enough, but it made a 40 mile journey after being parked for a few years. Brake accumulators on these cars are bad news!

• Like 1

Well, in my view, a Reatta is an old car. I have a 1990 as well, and is now nearly 30 years old, which in my part of the world is where 30 yr old cars qualify for historic plates. Not many cars that old running around in Ontario that see any kind of regular use. Road salt sees to that!

Keith

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Ed Luddy said:

This probably doesn't count with most guys, as my 1990 Reatta I drove this week

Interesting.  I think the 1992 Century Wagon I recently acquired is old.  I drive it almost daily.  I just do not report it here. So feel free to keep posting about your travels here. 

Edited by JohnD1956 (see edit history)
  • Like 2

I drove my 1937 to our Cape Fear Chapter AACA 47th Annual Spring Meet. Being the registration chairman, and having the car full of show supplies, I took advantage of the one space beside the registration tent. We had a total of 207 cars registered.

One of the interesting sights of the morning was watching one entrant unload one of his vehicles out of the other one. 

DSC_0893.JPG

DSC_0880.JPG

DSC_0881.JPG

DSC_0882.JPG

DSC_0883.JPG

• Like 5

It turned out to be a gorgeous, clear 61 degree day here in central North Carolina. I decided to change the oil/filter and the air filter today. After making sure I had no leaks when I was done I took The Aqua Zephyr out on a 50 mile circuit through cotton country to stretch her legs. What started out as a pleasure cruise turned into a hunt for new photo locations.

I found a few new spots and shot some quick shots with my Samsung cell phone. I applied gray scale filtering to some of the images.

I think most of these images are pretty good for cell phone shots!

Parkton Presbyterian Church ( a guy stopped in the middle of the street between me and the car and asked if it was for sale. I politely said "No" and thanked him for asking.)

20190302_154633.thumb.jpg.20adbcd11fbe3cca36b6fc741badb707.jpg

This is a long corrugated sheet metal covered building in Parkton, NC. The neutral wall colors were begging me to take some pictures next to the building!)

20190302_155956.thumb.jpg.cc92062c4651556149602d6d3dac950d.jpg

20190302_160223.thumb.jpg.e9029a8ceb0dda258a3320c901936d97.jpg

20190302_175256.thumb.jpg.9783d3923aaa8b6deae1539babb0a7d1.jpg

Interesting group of storage containers near Raeford, NC

(the silos are actually all the same height, but the angle between me and the group is making it look like they get progressively shorter to the left.)

20190302_163421.thumb.jpg.d4cf6215ba02f4c6580d605fd6b9621b.jpg

Edited by NC68Riviera (see edit history)
  • Like 4

11 minutes ago, NC68Riviera said:

It turned out to be a gorgeous, clear 61 degree day here in central North Carolina. I decided to change the oil/filter and the air filter today. After making sure I had no leaks when I was done I took The Aqua Zephyr out on a 50 mile circuit through cotton country to stretch her legs. What started out as a pleasure cruise turned into a hunt for new photo locations.

I found a few new spots and shot some quick shots with my Samsung cell phone. I applied gray scale filtering to some of the images.

I think most of these images are pretty good for cell phone shots!

Parkton Presbyterian Church ( a guy stopped in the middle of the street between me and the car and asked if it was for sale. I politely said "No" and thanked him for asking.)

This is a long corrugated sheet metal covered building in Parkton, NC. The neutral wall colors were begging me to take some pictures next to the building!)

157.73 kB · 0 downloads

211.24 kB · 0 downloads

237.14 kB · 0 downloads

Interesting group of storage containers near Raeford, NC

(the silos are actually all the same height, but the angle between me and the group is making it look like they get progressively shorter to the left.)

131.56 kB · 0 downloads

Can't speak for others but while I would like to see what you posted, I cannot access the pictures.  

Another 4" of snow Friday. So, started everything , warmed them up, ran all the electricals, and drove them back and forth in the garage. Woke up to a fresh 7" of snow this AM. Soon as I finish my breakfast I'll plow my 1000' of driveway. Picture above makes me a bit envious. Temps to the single digits tonite.

I think cabin fever is starting to kick in......................Bob

• Like 1

Another shot from last weekend's back roads cruise.

An abandoned service station in Parkton, NC

20190302_161256.thumb.jpg.8b8019791157088119732a16c233b71b.jpg

Same picture as above except converted to black and white then applying color AZ to the picture. Photoshop is a wonderful tool!

1292862582_OldServiceStationBW-Colorcombo1.thumb.jpg.53090fbc19b427e195b9b30d0293fd0e.jpg

Edited by NC68Riviera (see edit history)
  • Like 6

This morning I with clear and cold, though not as cold as earlier in the winter, about 20F or so. I had to move the '41 Roadmaster as my son in law needed some garage space to fix the brakes on his daily driver, so I decided to use it to take us out for breakfast. Started and ran great, only about 20 miles round trip, or so. 

Its' pictured in front of the eatery, with a shot of the current mileage, and I've put 100 or so on this winter.

So looking forward to winter being over!

Keith

41BuickHarm.jpg

41Buick mileage.jpg

• Like 4

You've got about 50 miles on me Keith but I'm sneaking them in when I can.

Spring can't be too far around the corner. I checked my calendar from last year and started cutting lawns April 8th so thinking we will be watching Winter move on out soon.

• Like 1