JohnD1956

Raise your hand if you drove at least one old Buick this weekend

Hey Brian, sorry we missed you, Saturday was a busy day for us, pass in review and we had company.  I did see this Buick driving around quite often and I thought of our friend Lawrence.  Regards, Gary

DSC_5112.JPG

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Brian_Heil said:

We all get 4 wrist bands so next year if some of you plan go, get in touch with us and we can set you up as our guests and you get in free.

I'll stick my neck out and claim one for next year...

• Like 1

Took the 57 Estate Wagon to the mall.   Did some shopping,  then a long cruise home.   Stopped to top off the tank as the wife used it Monday,  and was reprimanded by a gent in a KIA for driving it around like a...car.?!?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Perfect day for sunshine, four windows rolled down on a pillarless flattop, and a 60 miles ride out to lunch.

We headed out RT 104, the old Honeymoon Trail that could take us the Niagara Falls. We cut off to the south heading for the Medina Town and Country Family Restaurant on Main St.

009.thumb.JPG.7d787173230c950bf27188808ab5b6b7.JPG

Medina Sandstone blocks shipped worldwide on the Erie Canal through the 1800's.

Even the NAPA store is made from it.

012.thumb.JPG.d5381de14b8f7902c0a9f610ea4a7998.JPG

013.thumb.JPG.1f3b42d8ee802fb50774a8e5ead7805c.JPG

That's the Medina Basin. The wall on the other side is about 60 feet down.

Cruise nights on Fridays in back of the buildings on Main St. but it never fits my schedule or habits.

014.thumb.JPG.87becb728a1ec64fb80383b94567353f.JPG

015.thumb.JPG.d7b2df8589cc2d0883e0e382ba02678d.JPG

Stayed along the canal most of the way back. Good for the car.

Bernie

• Like 6

On 9/12/2018 at 6:20 AM, Scott Farrington said:

Took the 57 Estate Wagon to the mall.   Did some shopping,  then a long cruise home.   Stopped to top off the tank as the wife used it Monday,  and was reprimanded by a gent in a KIA for driving it around like a...car.?!?

Presume it was because your "car" looks so nice but seriously, some people just don't get it do they?!

14 hours ago, dei said:

Presume it was because your "car" looks so nice

No, most likely he was upset about being stuck behind an 'old jalopy' not driving 10 mph over the posted limit, riding the bumper of the car in front and actually stopping at red lights & stop signs.  That guy was simply in a hurry to get nowhere... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, EmTee said:

That guy was simply in a hurry to get nowhere... 

I wrote above that we were on the old Honeymoon Trail. We were heading west toward the Falls when a few went past us like that.

I just kinda figured---

image.thumb.png.56bdda2dff46f5ad836f12ca79c0e292.png

• Haha 1

Enjoying the Golden Memories show at the Flint Cultual Center. 20 miles one way. Beautiful day. 

Vehicles must be 50 years old and stock.  I even took a pic of a Wills Sainte Clair since many may have never seen one. 

0AAE49D6-12B9-4977-B3A0-15820CBFF20E.jpeg

3D141D45-86B4-43E9-928B-0129DF4FFE6B.jpeg

• Like 3

Just got home from a 6 day trip to Atlantic City and then the NE Buick races at Cecil County Dragway in Maryland. The '75 Electra ran flawlessly. We did some touring, went back to the Strasburg Pa. area and more. The car won a trophy at the car show part of the event as icing on the cake for my wifes birthday. ? The trip was 651 miles all together. The car now has 23238 miles.

IMG_4279.JPG

IMG_4401.JPG

IMG_4269.JPG

• Like 8

Had a little September 11th car show and BBQ at my work. Just starting to get cars in place. Had a nice little selection of old to new. 48 Willys in the background. Had a 66 MG, 1966 GT350, On the modern side a 2016 Charger Hellcat, BMW I8 and a brand new McClaren.

Everybody loves the Roadmaster!

roadmaster VSE.jpg

Edited by andyp3 (see edit history)
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, philip roitman said:

The '75 Electra ran flawlessly.

I'm a sucker for those black cars all day long.

After a nice ride in the '60 Electra I begged her to go out in the convertible today. No luck. Maybe later by myself.

Did go to the same places as usual.  Would you believe this is a Lucerne?

001.thumb.JPG.d3892dc48e8cf721921ccfd617ae011d.JPG

oops!

003.thumb.JPG.35562c32b371ae8f0d6c3763894eb1db.JPG

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, 60FlatTop said:

I'm a sucker for those black cars all day long.

After a nice ride in the '60 Electra I begged her to go out in the convertible today. No luck. Maybe later by myself.

Did go to the same places as usual.  Would you believe this is a Lucerne?

001.thumb.JPG.d3892dc48e8cf721921ccfd617ae011d.JPG

oops!

003.thumb.JPG.35562c32b371ae8f0d6c3763894eb1db.JPG

Why the BMW wheels? Also I do not remember Buick making a V12.

Edited by Larry Schramm (see edit history)
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Today we drove the Reatta 220 miles to meet up with a group we are members to tour Eastern Ontario/Bay of Quinte area till the weekend. One upgrade I recently did to the car was to install a new radio, as the original didn't work properly. It is a nice upgrade from the old Delco, with all of the mod cons, and the appearance doesn't jar me too much. Still have the old one if I ever want to go back to it.

Keith

Reatta Radio.jpg

• Like 2

Only about 65 miles today, here's a couple of shots at one of our stops. A bit of a gloomy day at times, though no rain here today. Touring through the Prince Edward County area of Ontario, known locally as simply "The County". This area used to be predominately farming for local canning factories, and fishing for many years, but now tourism and wineries are taking over. Lots of corn still being grown here though, but about 60 different wineries have sprung up in recent years in this area. A scenic and laid back area to visit still. These couple of pictures were taken at a local art studio, which is also a growing trend here as well.

Keith

ReattaStudio.jpg

ThursTour1.jpg

Edited by Buicknutty (see edit history)
  • Like 5

No pictures yet, but we got home today after about 600 miles of driving in total. A nice few days touring with my friends in the McLaughlin Buick Club.

Keith

• Like 2

Looking forward to pictures of those Canadian Buick's Keith. :)

Perfect Fall day. No color yet. 

For those who have never gone to a real cider mill and had hot fresh donuts out of a sack that is starting to grease stain, you don’t know what you are missing. 

Forgot Finn’s water bowl so had to stop and let him romp in a creek. 

Now where did the Wife hide the rest of those donuts . . .

85 miles.  68F.  Deep blue cloudless skies. 

A499EF73-0417-4956-AA8C-A0EDEBE69F3F.jpeg

• Like 1