Raise your hand if you drove at least one old Buick this weekend

JohnD1956

Not so much vintage car activity going on in these parts, as we get further into Fall. After a few soggy days, it looked like it was clearing, so I decided to drive the Electra out to take care of some car club business, and to fill it up with ethanol free gas.

Naturally, it started raining not long after I left! But not even "real" rain, more like a light drizzle most of the time, making me wish the the old Electra had those new fangled interval wipers, nearly 60 miles all told today.

Keith

• Like 2

Well, no driving again, but as we are presently in Vancouver, Doug (aka dmfconsult) and his wife came by the hotel in the wagon and we had a very nice dinner and got to know them.  I’d been on the archival judging team for the wagon in Portland in 2014.  Thanks so much for the hospitality.  We’re going to need to spend more time when we find ourselves back here again (although I’d rather not drive in Vancouver if I can avoid it).

• Like 4

Took Ruby for a nice sunny warm drive with top down up what we call the Karpas ,stopped for lunchtime drink , very quiet only a few locals in bar tourists gone, and only saw two cars on road. However sad as final trip out ,wrapping her up till next spring as I return to cold UK next week.?

• Like 3

The weekend before last was Chromefest on the New South Wales Central Coast (60 miles north of Sydney). It is always a good event for me as I live 7 miles away! We had 11 Buicks attend with hundreds of other makes also in attendance, an overcast and cool day for a change which made walking about looking at cars comfortable. My '36 is back on the road for the first time in a while after a little TLC 

Cheers

Paul

DSC_5903.JPG

DSC_5909.JPG

• Like 6

Back from lunch over in the next county. The leaves came down big time last week. And there appears to be a good flow off the Erie Canal spillway.

30 degrees and light flakes.

001.thumb.JPG.6c7e09aa1a1ea7e02671bb549afa811c.JPG

Same spot four weeks ago when the trees weren't nakid.

006.JPG

Edited by 60FlatTop (see edit history)
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, RivNut said:

Bernie,

Remind me where it is that you live.  You always seem to come up with some great drives and scenery.

Ed

Ed, I live in western New York in the Village of Brockport. It is about 20 miles west of Rochester and 60 miles east of Buffalo. It is rural and we have a lot of glacial geology so gullys and gorges, lake plains, and foothills are all over the place.

We had the Brand X car out a couple of weeks ago and went to the big gully 40 miles south.

009.thumb.JPG.7e667e5265ebe0940c9dab1d800e2b22.JPG

005.thumb.JPG.2d1b78633ff3a5bf13df80c5169cf747.JPG

I may hold the record on the Forum for posting the most pictures of a New York car on dirt roads, but they do seem the attract me.

Bernie

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I drove Almendrón to Matheson Hammocks Park in Coral Gables, Fl to pick up a bride ? and Groom ? friends of family’ and drove them to the wedding reception. Professional pics with the car will be forthcoming but I took some shots while waiting for the entourage. Registered about 30 miles on the odometer.

769DF901-2A49-42C9-87D4-DCBCF5C234A4.jpeg

ECF8D2F4-F1F7-46E8-8095-C0FC63142DEA.jpeg

49C7EDB6-0B1F-49DA-89FC-AA8C565C7429.jpeg

• Like 10

Well, our car season just started. Drier days, plenty of sunshine and a cool 😎 sea breeze was the setting for our AACA South Florida Region Car Show at the magnificent Deering Estate 🏡 venue. Rode Almendrón there and enjoyed the day.

1B5A469E-115E-46B1-ABB1-B629AE7EE776.jpeg

D4615152-6885-4974-9E99-0C181C53CA57.jpeg

A359792D-1767-4323-A147-319B08032581.jpeg

99F4219C-026D-42D7-B218-29D8A885E63B.jpeg

608D6475-556A-4AA2-AB83-9D657E31BBB4.jpeg

CDC9B043-F440-47C2-BBF7-6FD6E4E87E91.jpeg

Edited by Elpad (see edit history)
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, Pilgrim65 said:

Your a lucky man Elpad , looks a lovely place to live, especially as you can still take your beutiful Buick out , sadly won’t  be driving Ruby till  end of March 19 , but she’s safely wrapped up .

I thought Ruby was in a warmer climate in Europe?!

1 hour ago, Elpad said:

I thought Ruby was in a warmer climate in Europe?!

Yes, Ruby in Cyprus , weather not to bad have some cold evenings and rain , but many  sunny days where I could  venture out for a drive  but unfortunately I’m in Uk till spring., which definitely isn’t Florida weather 😊

• Like 1

We did our weekend riding around in my truck. So no old cars got out.

This morning was just too nice not to get the "60 Electra out and run up to town for coffee. "When" we see the sun it always looks good, been gray here for a week.

005.thumb.JPG.a32ea0c62f4ed5b146129b4b183a89e2.JPG

• Like 5

The Buick and I are off to a show and shine in Sydney's southern suburbs this weekend. I am planning taking the Buick on its first drive over the Sydney Harbour Bridge. I will try and take a video taking in the harbour and opera house as well as the bridge of course, if successful I shall post it next week, cheers

Paul

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I have been involved in putting on a car show in conjunction with a local holiday festival in Wrightsville Beach on the Saturday after Thanksgiving for about a decade. Today was the first time that we have had rain at that event. We had a fairly bad thunderstorm with high winds, lightning, and about 3 inches of rain, and a lot of flooded streets locally today during the show. We only had about 10 percent of the cars that normally attend. I set up my car behind the registration tent to serve as a windbreak to make it a little less uncomfortable for the registration team. 

DSC_0494.JPG

• Like 5

37 minutes ago, gdmn852 said:

Hello ,I will have to remember your show for next year I was in Evergreen visiting relatives  ,did rain a lot felt like I was Back home in North western Pa. Nice 38 by the way .Gary 

It's a small world. I was born and raised in Columbus County. I spent quite a bit of time when I was young on a farm that my father owned on Silverspoon Road half way between Evergreen and Oak Dale. Be sure to stop by next year if you can. 

Image may contain: car, tree and outdoor  

It may be only Thursday but those who are retired understand we choose to drive when traffic is lighter.  Checking out the part at Lake  Grapevine the water is still high from rains that ended a month ago.  We still like the LeSabre as the easiest to get in and out and most comfortable for traveling. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Three days later | got lucky with another dry day to drive her home with the transmission swap completed.

IMG_4067.thumb.JPG.85eaad61b2d64882b659fe747a305b36.JPG

Not sure winter isn't right around the corner so this might just be the last drive for this year.

It sure was nice and looking forward to many trips next season.

Edited by dei (see edit history)
  • Like 6

Took the wagon out today to run some

old oil and some scrap steel to the recycling center. Got quite a few positive comments while unloading!  Likely the last time out for the year for the wagon. 

I’ll have to total up my miles for the year to see how I did for the challenge!

• Like 3

I pulled out of the driveway about 1 PM in the '60 Electra, sun shining and 50 degrees, we thought it was nice out. I thought "Oh, crap. I should have brought my camera."

We went to our usual Sunday afternoon diner on the public square in the next town west. Parked right out in the center of the square.

005.thumb.JPG.0c105728b264c86c401ca00a351a2e73.JPG

We walked out the door. And my Wife said "That's Scott's car." And there was his yellow '73 Centurion coming across the square toward us. Scott Heise, another Buick Club member grew up in this town of Holley, NY. He and his Wife, Joyce, had just come out to hang a wreath and it was a good Buick day for him as well. "How'd you spot my car in the crowd!"

Scott and my Wife share November 23rd for a birthday. So back inside to sit for a few more minutes and let the locals see two Buicks on the Square.

No camera today so here is an older picture of the car Scott bought when it was 2 years old. He had the top up today, maybe because he turned 76.

a0043.thumb.JPG.06b701609e8c106105f234be55b7127a.JPG

• Like 5

Drove the 60 to get a Christmas tree. Went to a tree farm. It had rained the day prior. Needless to say....mud bog. Being I cut my teeth in slippery stuff driving a 78 Regal, no problem. Watched 4 wheel drive spinning all 4. I let the Dynaflow do what she does best....slow off the line. Old girl was in and out, tree in trunk heading to the carwash.  Yep, Good time mud boggin for a tree. Merry Christmas ya'll.

EDIT-I forgot to mention, the 60 rides on a set of Coker bias ply.   The mud was no match for the land yacht.   

Edited by avgwarhawk (see edit history)
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Drove the Electra Friday to the pole Barn. My 1st post with the Electra this year was April 29th with 20,312 miles after a show and tour in Ct. the day before we got her out of the pole Barn with a dead battery with 20,234 miles. 

Friday I had to have her towed to the shop because it turned out the fusible link blew. So I started and ended the season fixing small problems. Otherwise she was a fun driver this year, and thankfully the only problems were the ones at the start and end of the season. She now has 23,291miles, for a total mileage of 3,057 for the year. Everything is now stored for the winter. Can't wait for the Spring!

IMG_5586.JPG

IMG_5592.JPG

• Like 8