Post a picture of your ride and your bride, or significant other.

Barry Wolk

It's about time the ladies got some love!

My hat is off to each one who faithfully reads the directions on tour, diagnoses strange engine noises, polishes metal trim, and sits behind an old car in the sweltering sun at car shows smiling at visitors.

Kudos to every one of them who lets us work in the garage until midnight, spend money on foolish things instead of practical things, and does her best to share our enthusiasm when we finally get that old heap running right, even though she perhaps can't discern a difference.

A big thank you to every one who rides on the back of a motorcycle, sits in the passenger seat, and patiently listens to hours and hours of talk about numbers, tools, and other esoteric things, and always calls it fun.

And if you're one of those rare, special creatures with her own passion for the hobby, who likes to get dirty, and knows which end of a wrench to grab, well, will you marry me?

Thank you ladies--you not only make it all possible, you make it wonderful.

Since I am the one that is on here, rather than Bill :rolleyes:, I will post a photo of him with our latest addition. Our 1974 Mercedes Benz 450SL that we named Woodstock in honor of Snoopy's best friend, the little yellow bird that flies like a pingpong ball in a wind storm. :eek:

By the way Matt, thanks. There are those of us that love this hobby just as much as the guys do. I keep my fingernails short....because it's easier to get the garage grime out from under them. :D

post-36313-143138600484_thumb.jpg

We're together 42 years.

Dale really enjoys the cars and the poeple we've come to know as a result of our participation in tours and meets. AACA has become an important part of our family. The children were recipients of "Youngest Driver" trophies, and our grandson is looking forward to getting his Learner's Permit next year. He has already driven the 1937 Roadmaster on a private road.

post-54863-1431386008_thumb.jpg

post-54863-143138600807_thumb.jpg

post-54863-14313860081_thumb.jpg

post-54863-143138600812_thumb.jpg

post-54863-14313860083_thumb.jpg

..... but has always supported my obsession and encouraged me to keep at it.

Fellows, there is a certain amount of truth to us being willing to support you working on old vehicles because we know where you are and what you are doing. :rolleyes::D

Quite a few years ago now one of Bill's friends from Union Carbide was on a temporary assigment here in the Carbide plant in South Charleston, W. Va. which is right up the road from us. His friend was staying in a local motel while here. At times he had a bit of a drinking problem. So Bill invited him over to help him dismantle and work on the 1939 Dodge. Many times I heard his friend's Mustang go down the hill at 2 or 2:30 a.m. Working on the Dodge with Bill kept him out of the bars and in the good graces of both of us wives. :)

Guest PhippsAuto

This was a few years ago. The car's a 1951 Ford-i-llac (Ford with a Cadillac motor put in it in the mid-1950s). The wife's a 1991 model wife (a 1958 model human being).

post-53904-14313860482_thumb.jpg

Edited by PhippsAuto (see edit history)

Guest PhippsAuto

As far as I know, the DP in the license number doesn't signify anything. It's an authentic tag from the 1950s. Of course, since my name is Dewaine Phipps, my sister's Darla, and my brother's David, it could also be our initials. ;)

The two best dates ever! .............And everyone always asks me why I don't paint this car...

Tom, my hat's off to you. I sent a link to our AACA VP of Youth, Steve Renaldo, too. He could use those pictures in the AACA youth publications. I can not think of a better way to get young people interested in our hobby.;)

Wayne

Well, I'd better put up my bride's picture, before you guys think I'm single.

Here she is now at the National Meet in Blacksburg, Va. last year. We attended a Drive In movie as a group of old car nuts. We viewed the classic Thunder Road. Our black '65 Corvette is most comfortable at night, especially during the summer!:cool:

Wayne

PS, sorry about the fuzzy picture.

post-31395-143138605277_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
Guest P10plymouth

Well its been 1 week to the day! and here is the Bride (my daughter) and the car that was restored for the day ..

A while back I asked about letting another or myself to drive it for the "wedding car"and one answer I got was ask her..

Well she wanted her daddy and it made it all a special day..

The reception had a entrance that I was able to leave the car and play music in it all night long .. All the guest where able to take photos anytime they wanted ...

Plus I was able to ride it home

post-72124-143138624222_thumb.jpg

Well its been 1 week to the day! and here is the Bride (my daughter) and the car that was restored for the day ..

A while back I asked about letting another or myself to drive it for the "wedding car"and one answer I got was ask her..

Well she wanted her daddy and it made it all a special day..

The reception had a entrance that I was able to leave the car and play music in it all night long .. All the guest where able to take photos anytime they wanted ...

Plus I was able to ride it home

Absolutely GORGEOUS! Oh....the car is beautiful, too.

Guest frazer51

Here is a picture taken last fall of the my bride and her favorate ride, the blue Ford retractable. This is an reenactment of an incident that had happened just an hour before on that fall day in 2010. We were heading home from a car show with me in the lead in our red and white retractable when she said her car stalled and she drifted off the road. She wanted to check the "kill switch" so she popped the hood and since the hood opens at the windshield she could see into the motor and said she saw orange flames. She quickly grabbed the extinguisher which has been laying on the floor for the passed 35 years and put out the fire. She kept the car from being destroyed that day with her quick thinking. I will tell this , Shirley and I have been married for 55 years so for her age she works and thinks fast in a crises. She will drive just about all my old cars. I wanted to have her drive my 1918 Buick but I told her she would have to learn how to double clutch. She quickly said you can't fool me I know that one of those pedals is the brake. By the way the Blue Retractable has had all the damage areas repainted, the bad wireing replaced along with a new carburater and what ever else it needed. It is as good as new and back on the road.

post-61302-143138624634_thumb.jpg

post-61302-14313862466_thumb.jpg

Guest Gary Hearn

My wife has no interest in any of my treasures, but we did make a family trip to Yorktown, VA for a Studebaker Drivers Club meet. She is pictured with my two daughters and my Studebaker 2 board farm wagon.

Yorktown2008014.jpg

The handsom young man on the "dual cowl" is my youngest son when he was about 8 or 9. He is 20 now. I bought the little car about 15 years ago at Hershey in the condition of the before photo. Sometimes You can find things at Hershey you didn't know you were looking for. The story from the seller is that the car came off a circa 1940 amusement park ride in mid-state NY. There were several of these cars on a merry-go-round platform. It is hand made, all steel that someone put a lot of time in. The fenders were made in sections and butt welded together. I restored it with the "help" of my son. He picked the colors. I added a few other swap meet finds like the 37 Chevy hood ornament, generic motorcycle tail lamps and an unknown pair of tail light buckets for headlights. Head, tail & brake lights are functional. I built a chassis out of square tubing and angle iron. The drive train was donated from a late 60's early 70's General Electric, "Electrak" lawn tractor. It runs on 36Volts using 2 deep cycle 12v marine batteries behind the rear seat and one under the front seat. The electric motor is under rear seat. It can seat 4 kids, weighs about 400lbs with a 48 inch wheel base.

For contrast, the car behind the dual cowl is my 1935 Cadillac V12 Fleetwood 6075 limo that I bought in 1970, my senior year of H.S. It weighs 5800 lbs, 146" WB. I Restored it a few years before the photo was taken. I still own the Cadillac.

post-58548-143138635377_thumb.jpg

post-58548-14313863542_thumb.jpg