1929 Packard

George Cole

26 minutes ago, alsancle said:

What is the purpose of the oversized radiator?   If it was a steam car I would get the big condenser, but why for a diesel?

I didn't want to express any perceived interest, so didn't ask questions.  But I overheard him telling someone the hood had to be that wide and tall to fit the diesel and all it's associated hardware under it.

WHAT ???? No truck nuts hanging off the rear bumper of a diesel ???? What's up with that?

Not how I would want to tour. Full size tires for spares and compact, space savers on all four?

I guess this is how you expand club membership, allow hot rods, modifieds & engine swaps. Buick, CLC and most other mark clubs support & encourage this kind of thing. I would not be surprised if it is encouraged by the Packard club too. 

• Like 3

For some crazy reason, I always seem to find the beauty in all old cars. One will be posted on here and my first thoughts are 'thats a pretty nice car' or something to that effect. Then the upper classmen will chime in with all that is wrong and make feel like a newbie. 

Alas, Momma said if you cant say anything nice....................I will leave it with that.

• Like 2

George C, you would have been better off if you listened to your own feelings, "I realize this is not the forum for a custom car.." While these types of posts draw predictable comments, they really belong elsewhere (don't ask me where this abomination would fit).

I just noticed the handicapped plate..........the owner must be blind.......or mentally challenged!

Yes....I’m sober.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2