Ed Minnie is Floating on Air!

After the Duesenberg from the Lehrman Collection won best of show at Amelia Island, Ed was seen three feet off the ground.  Deservedly so as he keeps the collection in tip top shape.  So happy for Sam and Ed!  The car had serious competition!  Bill Parfet's Bentley was to die for , Michael Rich had a stunning one of a kind Mercedes that had to be seen, let alone a host of other cars including other Duesenbergs and Bugattis that all were magnificent.  Congratulations Ed! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Well, hey ! I'll pile on here too, then. The last sentence of the next-to-last paragraph in the Hemmings article implies that there are two distinct '29 Murph' D'bergs in the collection.

O.K. Having picked a nit of my own : Congrats, to the ever gracious, energetic, and generous forum brother Ed. I wonder how hard it was for you, Ed, to resist temptation to light-up that DOHC straight 8 and just motor on up the coast ?   😎, right ?    -   CC 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, trimacar said:

Congrats to Ed Nd Sam, fabulous win!  As to the Hemmings article, I guess grammar and proofreading are disappearing as are our craftsmen.  I didn’t know it was a “limosine”......

David, oddly we were in an antique shop here in CT over the weekend, and I came across a double sided sign that said "limosine parking only"  so not sure how accepted this may have been once upon a time..

14 minutes ago, Steve_Mack_CT said:

David, oddly we were in an antique shop here in CT over the weekend, and I came across a double sided sign that said "limosine parking only"  so not sure how accepted this may have been once upon a time..

That’s interesting....I would still say that it’s a mistake in this case, though, because later in the article he states “limousine”....hope you got the sign!

I'm surprised that they even allow the cars to be sprayed with champaign. Most of the caliber of cars that are displayed at Amelia Island don't even see a drop of rain. I have been in sports celebrations and been covered in champaign. It's sticky stuff and no fun when it dries. Yuck!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 46 woodie said:

I'm surprised that they even allow the cars to be sprayed with champaign. Most of the caliber of cars that are displayed at Amelia Island don't even see a drop of rain. I have been in sports celebrations and been covered in champaign. It's sticky stuff and no fun when it dries. Yuck!

It was Moët Special Reserve in a custom labeled 25th Amelia Island Concours jerobomb bottle............tasted fine, and the clean up of the car was easy. Only drink top shelf when driving a Best in Show winner. 😎

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, alsancle said:

Just don't go on Tuesday's.  That is lawn mowing day.

No....it's Thursday.........but don't forget the edging machine.........

• Like 1

1 hour ago, John_Mereness said:

Nothing better than well edged grass !

Best of Show at Amelia is MUCH better!

• Like 2