In Honor of the nicer weather ~ Show me your rag top!

30 minutes ago, Buick35 said:

Nicer weather? I'm in Florida and am already wishing it were November! You must be in a northern state,lucky.I have a 74 mgb convertable,I can send so picture soon,thanks! Greg.

Yes, Oregon right now, but spent time in Texas, so I hear you. We’d love to see a pic. 

1 hour ago, Xander Wildeisen said:

Great car, had one just like it. Tough to beat the styling of a C5 convertible. And the 2003 50th car. Great color, great body style. A C5 vette can be bought in the low teens now, best bang for your buck on the market.

We bought ours new (R8C Museum Delivery). They're for driving—ours has done all of Route 66, along with most of the Pacific Coast Highway and all of US Route 1.

I absolutely agree that they are a bargain at this point—and many of them were maintained by folks who have COCD …

Edited by j3studio (see edit history)
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, j3studio said:

We bought ours new (R8C Museum Delivery). They're for driving—ours has done all of Route 66, along with most of the Pacific Coast Highway and all of US Route 1.

I absolutely agree that they are a bargain at this point—and many of them were maintained by folks who have COCD …

My father was an avid Vette collector back in my childhood with 7 total. Although the 58 remains my fav, even topping his 63 sw, I do like the style of yours a lot. (The 80’s vets were ugly!) 

1 hour ago, 1957Birdman said:

DSCN3594.thumb.JPG.0203c585a1263c90d718e322f33b51ef.JPG

Picture of my car taken at the CTCI International Convention in Knoxville, TN. 

Lew Bachman

1957 T-Bird Colonial White

More than once I’ve said I wish dad had one of these instead of the Retractable. Love this year Tbird! (The Retractable has grown on me though). 

Admittedly this was two years ago and in September but indicative of nice weather cruising and with my wife by my side!

IMG_2221.thumb.JPG.96634f940ebe44a5670b5188e4dc109a.JPG

This was at the mouth of the Thames River running into Lake St Clair on the Canadian side.

• Like 3

Those are all some real beauties.  Suppose to be a chance of snow possibly with several inches of accumulation here.  I guess it's not ragtop season yet.  45 and rain for the day tomorrow.  Man it won't let up.  Then it will transition to Misquito  Season. :( 

We got lucky and the snow missed us.  Still a miserable wet day here.  Suppose to start improving tomorrow though.  Boy I hope so. 

Edited by auburnseeker (see edit history)
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, greenie said:

I thought rain every day was now standard!?!

Seems to be.   It's raining pretty hard now.  Hopefully they are wrong about the transition to snow.  It will really wreck all the cherry trees and lilacs that are getting ready to blossom not to mention all the Geraniums we just planted. 

Edited by auburnseeker (see edit history)

15 hours ago, Robert G. Smits said:

This is for DEI. Our cab in Havana recently. Original nailhead with Russian tractor Carburater. 

88F5B837-B55A-4A10-9329-06B6DFAB3150.jpeg

Thanks for posting!

Have to say I've debated putting on my fender skirts but after seeing this shot, might just go ahead with them.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Doug Novak said:

1974 PORSCHE 914 TARGA TOP'S IN THE REAR TRUNK

NEW GARDEN 2015 AIR SHOW 029.JPG

I have a funny story about one of these.  My Father found someone a friend knew that was selling one.  He bought it in hopes of making a couple of bucks off it.  After he got it home he didn't have any time to mess with it.  He told me clean it up and if you sell it, I'll buy you 4 new whitewalls for your 56 Olds.  I had just gotten the Olds a few months earlier with some raised white letter tires on it that I hated and really wanted original style tires but at 17 didn't have any money left over from buying the car to buy them.  I spent the afternoon cleaning it up and detailing a few loose ends that really needed some attention.  Low and behold about an hour later a local guy saw it and had to have it, so it sold on the spot.  Dad Couldn't believe it and made good on his promise for a new set of tires.  He made me buy the new spare though.  I was still happy as can be.  Here she is a year later with her new skins. 

IMG_2509.JPG

• Like 2

Nice going Robert,

We did the same thing with our Packard, driving the Bride and Groom from the church in Old Jefferson to the reception at the Cajun Swamp Ballroom at Audubon Zoo. 

625419A5-19EA-45A1-A245-278A1EFBCFEC.jpeg

C6F84C92-D1CC-4780-B064-8B90C0610A36.jpeg

1A8F5709-30F2-492F-890E-EC51C129CF27.jpeg

Edited by Marty Roth (see edit history)
  • Like 2

Captain Harley your A's cousin Clyde, woke him up this afternoon.  Sat over a year, it has been a busier year than i usually like, but nice to get him out today.  Clutch had frozen, jackstands, high gear, second time I hit brakes it freed up.  No guts no glory as they say! 😉

Sorry no dogs today VL, Stella was more interested in beauty sleep!

20190524_153617.jpg

• Like 1

Steve_Mack_CT,

Clyde is a hansom devil😈!  My "A" is named Virginia🦊, she was assembled In Norfolk, VA.  My dad was from Virginia and my mom's name was Virginia.  So it was a no-brainer when it came to

naming her.  For some reason of late, Virginia's starter bendix has been sticking in the flywheel when first engaged.  No big deal just a little of the "third gear, back--'n-forth, two step" and

away you go................

Capt. Harley😉

• Like 1