I JUST LOVE THE PICTURE OF THIS BUICK...........

14 hours ago, RivNut said:

When Bill Mitchell conceived the idea and Ned Nichols designed project XP- 715, which became the 1963 Buick Riviera, they originally thought that Cadillac would buy it.  Therefore the parking light grills on the XP-715 were designed to resemble the grill of the LaSalle and they used the LaSalle name for the car.

1963_Cadillac_La-Salle_XP-715_03.jpg.b88cd86439dd1f26d3f66485f7d1b467.jpg

Other than the headlight treatment, what other differences are there between this concept and the actual production model?

Son: ( looking out the front window) Dad, did you forget anything last night while you were working at the "office" so late??

Dad: No, I don't think so!  What are you talking about?

Son:  Look out the window Dad.  I hope mom doesn't notice the sweep spear missing on that back quarter panel.

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, Buick 59 said:

Post 4292...4th pic of salesman shaking hands with buyer... anybody know what the little black car outside the window is?

Outside dealer sign reads Triumph 

could be a TR of the early 60’s

2 hours ago, Buick 59 said:

Post 4292...4th pic of salesman shaking hands with buyer... anybody know what the little black car outside the window is?

My money would be on either:

Gogomobile,

or Bianchina

I recall one just like it parked just off main campus at Monmouth Univ in W. Long Branch, NJ between 1963-65

Edited by Marty Roth (see edit history)

1 minute ago, Elpad said:

Outside dealer sign reads Triumph 

could be a TR of the early 60’s

Nope, definitely not a Triumph, see my note, above - I recall one just like it parked just off main campus at Monmouth Univ in W. Long Branch, NJ between 1963-65

Edited by Marty Roth (see edit history)

18 minutes ago, Marty Roth said:

Nope, definitely not a Triumph, see my note, above - I recall one just like it parked just off main campus at Monmouth Univ in W. Long Branch, NJ between 1963-65

Looks like these 59 Fiats Biachinas

8C695244-12B3-4661-A2D2-45BF1C3DB07A.jpeg

03923B22-C338-4701-85A6-540D19499EA7.jpeg

The rear bumper on the black car outside the dealership looks more like the rear bumper of the Vespa in the above photo submitted by BLOO,

and there is a Vespa scooter on the showroom floor, so it would make sense if they were also a Vespa dealership-

glad we weren't in one of these when we were T-boned on I-55 last summer

5 hours ago, Marty Roth said:

The rear bumper on the black car outside the dealership looks more like the rear bumper of the Vespa in the above photo submitted by BLOO,

and there is a Vespa scooter on the showroom floor, so it would make sense if they were also a Vespa dealership-

glad we weren't in one of these when we were T-boned on I-55 last summer

Agreed....also the louvers on the rear deck 

mistery ? ID solved!

2 hours ago, JZRIV said:

26114718_1579977775423194_525762058945722723_o.jpg

This picture is "five Corners" in Essex Junction VT, looking up Pearl St.  The Gulf station across the road was at this time a beautiful old mansion that was converted to this gas station called Robinson's.  

Edited by kgreen (see edit history)