I JUST LOVE THE PICTURE OF THIS BUICK...........

Nostalgia Day at New England Dragway yesterday. Second race I watched when I got there just so happened to be a '37 century, not sure about the single back windshield,  possibly converted to accommodate safety plexiglass? I tried to take a look around for it afterwards but couldn't find it, nor can I find anything about the car on the internet. It was named Rocket Science, so I am guessing that could be eluding to possibly being Oldsmobile Rocket powered.

7294.jpeg

7295.jpeg

• Like 1

my mistake! I was just sitting down when it ran, and the gentleman beside me had said buick, and I suppose the gasser look made it look different enough to believe him. looking closer, the headlamps do look smaller than my century's as well as appear to be lower fender mounted rather than vertical hood mounted. Everyday's a school day!

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

22219986_1271568832949227_28101893413306

Greetings from Hershey! Rather than pay for parking, Melanie and I just used the '41 Super convertible as our daily transportation around town. Never missed a beat and even the wipers worked surprisingly well during the brief rain shower Thursday night. I shocked more than a few people by simply being able to reach in, turn the key, and hit the button and the car would start with no additional assistance, and then would proceed to idle smoothly and silently. My favorite is putting it in 3rd gear and letting it idle along--it's silent enough to sneak up on people. Maybe I should tie a can to it like the golf carts?

Also great to meet all you forum members who stopped by to say hello, we always like putting faces to names!

• Like 8

Both of these pics are of my own car but I’ve them as lock screen and main screen background on my phone and they make me happy every time I see them. There’s something about that angle with these ‘49 Buicks and the colors and backgrounds on these pics make them pleasing to my eyes. 

E0E9BAC2-7031-4B98-B669-5D86711C5D87.jpeg

3E220982-7302-4F66-92E3-753EB2728498.jpeg

• Like 5

On October 10, 2017 at 8:52 PM, Dave Gelinas (XP-300) said:

I still wish Bob Coker owned that Landau.

I still wish Bob Coker could have joined Brian and me on the trip! Although I don't know if Hershey could have handled that? 

And Dave and Al, sorry I missed you two, would have been great meeting you! 

• Like 3

We are an immigrant family from Cuba.  That will be my wife when she was a teenager and my father in law who passed few years ago.The pictures were taken in the mid 60's when they acquired their first car. She doesn't remember if she was learning to drive in this Buick and did not remember the color shade either. I showed her the paint chips for the year (looks like a 59, not sure) and she picked the Glacier Green color although Sierra Spruce was also very close. Who knows but at least I know this car was not my father's in law Oldsmobile.The pictures are very faded and she said they were taken off center so they could fit the whole car in the frame. I cropped them and enhanced them a bit.

Image-1-1.jpg

Jeeps 1.jpg

Image-1.jpg

Jeeps.jpg

• Like 8