Dave Gelinas (XP-300)

I JUST LOVE THE PICTURE OF THIS BUICK...........

Some good ones Chris (and Dave)

Check the bug screen on the '56. The Texas Road Warriors might benefit from one of them.

https://c1.staticflickr.com/3/2888/13827016094_44b9557db3_b.jpg

• Like 5

22 hours ago, avgwarhawk said:

b46ce0f74304c9243397228d046dd879.jpg

So pretty in white!

5 hours ago, avgwarhawk said:

Jan%2030,%201966%20Buffalo%20Blizzard.jp

I'd say this was the Blizzard of '66.  No school for a week and I was able to climb up a drift onto the roof of our front porch!  A week later it took two V-plows traveling in tandem to open up our road to traffic.  It was quite an adventure...

• Like 2

On December 2, 2016 at 7:45 PM, EmTee said:

I'd say this was the Blizzard of '66.  No school for a week and I was able to climb up a drift onto the roof of our front porch!  A week later it took two V-plows traveling in tandem to open up our road to traffic.  It was quite an adventure...

Regardless of when and where this was, just imagine getting around in that gas-guzzling rear wheel drive car. Here and now, if many modern drivers don't have winter tires to go with their front or all wheel drive, they don't seem capable of getting around. Sigh. 

10 hours ago, Thriller said:

Regardless of when and where this was, just imagine getting around in that gas-guzzling rear wheel drive car. Here and now, if many modern drivers don't have winter tires to go with their front or all wheel drive, they don't seem capable of getting around. Sigh. 

In '66 we would have had our '64 GP, after that a '66 Catalina.  I can't tell you how many times I had to dig those cars out of the end of our driveway where my mom would either get hung up on the way in or out of the driveway (especially where the plows pushed the snow).  "#@&$% low-slung Pontiacs!" she would say.  Those crappy bias ply snow tires and an open rear diff almost guaranteed you'd get stuck somewhere.

Those crappy bias tires and open differentials made for some great fun on frozen parking lots though. ?

• Like 2