Dave Gelinas (XP-300)

I JUST LOVE THE PICTURE OF THIS BUICK...........

On 11/13/2016 at 11:09 AM, 91vert said:

Raise your hand if you DID NOT have a set of Cragar wheels of some kind on at least one car in your past. 

• Like 1

I did not. I should probably qualify that response with the fact that I was born in 1960, probably a little too late for that.  My older brother certainly did.

1 hour ago, RivNut said:

Raise your hand if you DID NOT have a set of Cragar wheels of some kind on at least one car in your past. 

I did not have any Cragar wheels on any of my cars.  No money at the time for a "luxury".

2 hours ago, RivNut said:

I have NEVER owned a car with Crager's! When I was tearing up the streets in Central Illinois in the 50's "OLDS FLIPPER" caps were the "IN" thing! Every body was doing it!

What is a Crager?:D  Whatever they are, must not have been available in Hicksville when I grew up.

Ben

• Like 2

I couldn't afford Cragar's, but I did have baby moons on my 56' Merc (my first car).

OK, not a Buick, but Cragars (and triim) make a world of difference.  My daughter's car when she was 16. a long time ago.  We added the Cragar SS and trim shortly after she bought it.  Years later, durn kids and car seats forced her to sell it, a great loss.

without.jpg

with.jpg

• Like 3

Two different couple's.  '37 Century.     Not mine.

Sharpwedding7_zps9c404afe.jpgJonesFinals-127_zpsbde5c535.jpg

I know that most of you guy's like stock cars but it don't hurt to look at the custom ones.

50Buick1_zpsf207ca4d.jpg50Buick_zps418eea96.jpg

19 hours ago, RivNut said:

Never had any, but I did want some ($$$) when they first appeared.  Then they became too common and boring...now I hate them.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, RivNut said:

I never owned Cragars.  I have had a set of American Racing wheels.  By and large I always liked the OEM wheels offered.    

I have only had original wheels  & caps my whole life. and that is 77 yrs.

Re post 2589, I love that custom, especially the different treatments on the front and rear bumpers, going with the flow.    Rather unique.

John