Your chance to comment on owning a Dodge.

23 minutes ago, Xander Wildeisen said:

My daily driver is a Dodge, I have been feeling tired lately.😳

51E7D03D-118C-4346-9052-068843611DA5.jpeg

There are days that I miss my Mega Cabs - I had 2 of them, the first was a 1500 2 wheel drive before I had to move up to a 2500 4x4 for the next one.  I never used it but the backseat could be turned into a single bed if need be.  

• Like 1

My 6 cylinder 1962 D100 rusted away years before I gave it away running and driving with nearly 300,000 miles on it.

The six with a 3 speed and around a 4:10 rear end it could hit 60 MPH, down hill maybe a good 67.

The rear fenders would wiggle like Jello, every body panel had at least one dent, the hood flew open twice on me and stopped the truck better than the brakes did.

The most reliable 20 year old peace of crap on the road.

62 Dodge.JPG

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

My 2004, 2500 Cummins with 106,000 miles on the clock. No rust, No touch screen, only basic computer control, and a CD player. Bone stock except for the old people step and window drip guard. Would not trade it even up for any new one..............Bob

dog.jpg

Edited by Bhigdog (see edit history)
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, 28 Chrysler said:

The most reliable 20 year old peace of crap on the road.

Yep.

60 years old now, still cant kill it.

IM005045.JPG

IM005046.JPG

IM005047.JPG

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

I have a 2001 dodge diesel 1 ton club cab with 207000 miles ,wouldn't trade for anythin.

• Like 2

I’ve owned probably around 20 daily driver trucks over the years from different decades and manufacturers, but my 2018 crew cab Ram is by far the best truck I’ve ever used for hauling mixed with comfort and reliability.  I don’t pull big stuff (max around 10k lbs), but if I did I’d go for the 3500 dually Ram. For now, I have no need to ever use another truck and I hope this one outlasts me. 

image.png.6c9a1cc07cae76415e5bc8fa415e90c2.png

• Like 5

On 6/24/2024 at 12:57 PM, Bhigdog said:

My 2004, 2500 Cummins with 106,000 miles on the clock. No rust, No touch screen, only basic computer control, and a CD player. Bone stock except for the old people step and window drip guard. Would not trade it even up for any new one..............Bob

X2. Bought my 2004 2500 Cummins quad cab new. 262,000 miles on the clock, much of it pulling a 20' trailer full of cars and parts. Never any major repairs or rust. Best vehicle by far I've ever owned.

@Bhigdog your truck isn't even fully broken in yet!

• Like 3

My Dad called them Goat Wagons for the most obvious reason.

My grandfather's used car lot specialized in Chevies he wholesaled out of a big dealer in the city. We never did much with what we considered the off brands, ones with high and fast depreciation rates. In my early teens I quickly learned that with GM stuff you just asked for a part and got it. If we did get a Chrysler product in and needed something, like brake parts, you had to be able to tell the counterman what day and  shift the car was built during, the name of the assembler, and the birth date of his oldest son.

Those formative years led me into preferring Buicks and later Chevy trucks when I bought new.

Impressions as a kid tend to stay with you.

I remember that "isn't broken in yet" from many times over all those years. We have a similar term- "Minga Mint".

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, 30DodgePanel said:

Gorgeous 55

Thank you. I would say that the original paint is holding up pretty well, wouldn't you? The engine doesn't smoke and the trans shifts fine. I just bought it last month and have already fixed the horn and the gas gauge. Everything else works except for the speedometer which I'm working on now. It also has the original spare tire in it which I cleaned up with Armor All. I drive it almost every day and have to force myself to drive my late model F150 once every week or two....

IMG_1937.jpeg

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Dodge55Royal said:

I think your dog needs a bath....

He's not muddy that's his natural color and German Shorthairs are supper clean, mud sheds off them...no kidding.

20230902_165326.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, PWN said:

20230902_165326.jpg

Ahhh the lazy life of dogs.

Mine is in full shedding mode right now. I brush him every morning these days. Doesn't seem to help.

2019-04-09 Bear 001.JPG

• Like 2

I have always had a ford. Starting with my first vehicle when I was 16 a '65 f100. Then briefly a '67 and so on and so on. I have a '14 f150 now and love it. My brother always drove a ford as well. He pulls a camper and had a f 250. A few years ago he traded for a dodge diesel and never looked back. My other brother went to the dark side as well with a 3500 dually diesel dodge. Now Im the odd guy out.

My grandfather was a farmer and all he ever owned was dodge trucks and plymouth cars. Dad bought a dodge in '93 (I think, the year they changed the body style). It was a cummins truck, 2500. It went into the work fleet when he got a new ford. At that point it went through a couple of long term drivers racking up 300k+ miles. Still ran great until the idiot that was driving it decided to go head to head with a pole.

• Like 2

I had a nice '63 Polara in 1972. But I kinda broke it.

001.JPG.ca2bdd13bb53afb95e69e8d6feb04f83.JPG

The left front is where I hit the driveway while traveling in the bottom of the ditch. The right rear is flat from landing on it. Only car I ever flipped end over end.

Ended up on its side in a creek.

"Some say" I was a bit wild in my younger days. If you look deep into my eyes you can still see it is only restrained.

That car was in my garage built strictly to be a consistent H/SA 1/8th miler. But I hit a bridge abutment with my '68 Riviera and had to slap some plates on something quickly.

And they call cars survivors.

• Haha 2

My Dodge hardly seems forum worthy, but It’s a 2003 Dakota 2WD that we bought in 2004 as a low mileage vehicle for my 84 mile roundtrip to work; and something with 4 real doors to take our sons, 12 and 8- to Yellowstone. It has the 6-cylinder engine with gas mileage in mind.

The truck has been to Hershey every year from 2004 to 2024, except 2020.

Conversely, it has never touched a snowy road- so it is rust free.

It will be at our spaces in October, GAI 18-19. It now carries MD Historic tags. Oh yeah, it has traveled 268,000 miles. Many of those miles to Hershey, Carlisle, Charlotte, etc. 

IMG_2076.jpeg

IMG_2080.jpeg

IMG_2079.jpeg

• Like 3

On 6/23/2024 at 5:58 PM, 3macboys said:

Once you buy a Dodge, you'll never purchase anything else!

My take: "Once you buy a Dodge, you'll always purchase something else!"

Case in point, 1978 Aspen and a 1996 Avenger, both unreliable money pits.

Quote by Julian Barnes: “Once bitten, twice shy; twice bitten, forever shy.”

6 hours ago, Reynard said:

1978 Aspen and a 1996 Avenger

1.) A 78 Aspen, who the hell ever bought one of those pigs? OOPS, sorry.

2.) 96 Avenger? see #1

Like most other brands, selection is important. I can only hope you didn't move up to a Chevy Citation.

Edited by 30DodgePanel (see edit history)
  • Haha 1

I must admit to owning a '93 Dodge Shadow at one point. Boy, we couldn't unload the pile of Dung fast enough! Traded it in back in '96 for a Honda Civic DelSol that we still own after 28 years.

• Haha 1

I think I've only owned one Mopar. They've certainly had their own design aesthetic. You can see where GM and Ford kind of poach form one another. But for similar years, Dodge says, "we're good, we'll just do it like this". I haven't always liked thier choices but I've always respected that they went their own way. 

• Like 2

Years back my brother used a Suburban-style 1950s era Dodge Power Wagon to transport his band.

Ages ago, my Dad had a 1937? Dodge "Humpback" Panel truck.

Our son's first car was a mid 1970s Dodge Coronet Brougham.

It was later replaced by the small pair of Dodge Chargers - the little FWD coupes.

My wife's favorite Dodge was her red 1966 Dodge Dart GT convertible, unfortunately T-boned by a gal who ran a stop sign with her new-ish Buick.

• Like 1

My truck is a 1992 Power Ram W250 LE, with the first generation Cummins and its intercooled. Maybe 250,000 miles? It's a 5-speed 4x4.

Second Dodge we every owned besides a 66 Dart that was my wifes.

I bought the Ram for 7,800$ over 10 years ago and could probably sell it for 20,000$ plus. Super clean low mileage ones like mine (LE, 4x4, 5-speed) are going for 35,000$ plus.

So every time I work$ on it or get it repaired$$ I tell my wife I'm not spending good money on a bad ole truck, I am investing in the best truck that was ever sold in America. LOL

• Haha 1

You would think that as many Plymouths that I have owned there would have been a Dodge or two mixed in. But I never had one. My Dad had a couple, a 1960 Seneca four door and his last car was a 1963 Dart. I always liked Chrysler products at least until 1983 when we had a parting of the ways. That said both of my old cars are Plymouths and I am unlikely to change now.

Dodge has my favorite looks of any modern cars...but after having 4 Mopars in my lifetime that were nothing but trouble, no one in my immediate family will ever own another. Granted, they were not Dodges, 1 Chrysler, 2 Plymouth, 1 Jeep. 

My dad was a lifelong mechanic and could make anything run. The Cordoba was the only car he ever gave up on. 

• Haha 2