50 Years! The Carburetor Shop began operating in 1974

carbking

I have been way too busy to do the math. :o

The Carburetor Shop began operating in 1974; that makes 2023 our 50th year of continuous operation.

I would like to thank all who have helped us achieve this milestone! :D

Jon

• Like 40
  • Thanks 6
  • Haha 1

Congratulations! Sadly fifty years is a time frame I can wrap my head around…….although it’s only a recent concept that I can relate to. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, edinmass said:

Congratulations! Sadly fifty years is a time frame I can wrap my head around…….although it’s only a recent concept that I can relate to. 

You and I both Ed. Lately I've had some stuff thrown at me that I know I did before..Hummm. 40 to 50 or more years ago??? Been there, Done that, can't quite remember how. 🙃

• Like 3

• Peter Gariepy changed the title to 50 Years! The Carburetor Shop began operating in 1974

Congratulations and Thanks Jon. 5 years ago I made a simple enquiry on here about options for a carb for 1931 Chrysler CD8 Roadster rebuild, as I had nothing. The original 1931 CX Strombergs were known to be a failure and expensive to find and/or rebuild. You volunteered a straight forward solution, a Carter Carb for a circa 1969 Ford Truck. Bought one NOS on eBay for about $200, installed on rebuilt engine for it's first start in 60 years, works perfectly, even takes the original air cleaner. Such a valuable service you provide to many of us novices. IMG_8395.JPG.a2666335bc1a0cd002dff85a8e446bff.JPGIMG_5536.JPG.191b57e8077045096856ff4e4102b75e.JPG 

• Like 4

Congratulations, Jon, and thank you for the advice you've shared with me.

Wishing you only the best

• Like 1

Congratulations on your 50th, young man....

I started in 1972, so I am now in my 52nd year !!! No plans (especially now... ) to quit until I have put in 100 years....

( Of Course, what will my fellow vendors in this hobby look like 48 years from now ?!?! )

Craig.....

• Like 1

John, thank you for supporting the hobby and for going out of your way to not just sell parts, but to provide real world knowledge based on countless hours of research and hands on testing.

That kind of dedication and knowledge is becoming more and more rare every day, especially when you factor in that you willingly share that knowledge for free every day on this site and with personal inquiries.

You're a rare person these days and we all thank you for it.

• Like 1

Congratulations and thank you, Jon, for all your help and advice over the years. It has helped many of us and often, indirectly, just by reading your replies to different problems.

Scott

Jon,

Thank you for your willingness to help others on a monetary and voluntary basis with free advice, it speaks volumes to your motives toward your hobby brethren.

You always seem to think of the things we aren't aware of as an owner and never hesitate to share what might be a better way.

Good on you!

I for one wish I would have known of your business when it first started. 

Congrats on this milestone

Dave