Best sales pitch you can give for this car.

This is not your everyday "barn find" which is "buried" under boxes, crates, etc. 

On the contrary. This car was "buried" for many years and still has the original dirt on/in it (I did not want to wash it off - (probably because that's what's holding it together)

Ran when parked

Don't know the condition of the interior - (because I can't see it)

Might need tires ?????

This is/was like digging for treasure.......

You will need to bring a trailer, shovel and a backhoe

Probably can have it running in a couple of hours - (after spending days extricating it)😁😁😁😁

• Like 3

I just thought of something......

This is quoted from the ad: "Old car suicide doors"

What are the odds, after clearing out the dirt from the inside, that there might be a body (or 2) in there????????

(and not necessarily from suicide - but that's what they will tell the police!!!!!)

Then this would get REALLY interesting:unsure::unsure:

Edited by Joe Cocuzza
Added content (see edit history)

It's a genuine Cold War survival car for the occupants; a perfectly preserved example of how one sought Emergency Preparedness in the 1950's.  It served as a former underground air raid shelter when we were told to 'Duck & Cover' when the sirens went off.   There still might be a pack of PK chewing gum in the glove compartment.

Craig  

• Haha 1

This practice, btw, is not unheard of.  For a few falls as an adolescent I would go with my dad and spend a couple weekend days cutting firewood at a friend's farm here in CT.

He was also a collector, half the fun was looking over his 30 A pickup, 37 Packard 115, 68 Roadrunner and 58 vette.  I would also inspect what we all believed to be a late 30s Ford coupe buried in his field. 

Talk of digging it up come spring never happened.  It was a major attraction to a 12 year old though.  Almost as good as the year I was rewarded with 2 1932 Ford grillshells for my efforts, one pass and one  Commercial right out of the proverbial barn.  Still have the passenger grille today! 😊

• Like 2