Old tools

zeke01

JustDave

Snap on tools master steering wheel puller set # CG-20, maybe what you are  looking for, attached is a picture of it, this set in the picture is not complete, just to show if this is what you are looking for. I do see them from time to time on e-bay. If you need more information let me know.

Bob

IMG_3102.JPG

Here are a couple of tool assortments out in my "museum."  First one is a cabinet full of early tools, many for Model T Fords.  I bought this cabinet complete as you see it.  Good story, catch me at Hershey for the details.  Next, is an old tool chest full of stuff.  It was owned by a mechanic who worked at a Norfolk Studebaker dealership beginning in 1916.  I have several souvenirs form that old dealership, but this tool chest is filled with neat stuff that I've found very handy over the years.  Last item is one of several little old socket sets I've got but this one has a great label inside the lid.

I have a good friend in NJ who has collected odd wrenches for years and It's simply amazing what hangs on the walls in his basement.

Terry

Tool cabinet.jpg

Tool chest.jpg

Tools wrench set Ford.jpg

• Like 2

Carriage jack... it goes under the hub and lifts the carriage or wagon off the floor. I have a set of 4 of them. They could probably be used with a brass car to lift it off the tires for winter storage but they aren't all that stable. You wouldn't want to crawl under.

10 minutes ago, Bill Boudway said:

Hi,

Yes, I know it's a bit brace.

Extra credit  if you can  tell what trade might find it useful

IMG_1718[1].JPG

I'm guessing a plumber would use this so he could drill holes close to a wall.  

• Like 1

Everyone has pairs of Vice Grip's. But how many have a NOS pair still in the box with instructions even. Found these in a hoarder house I cleaned out years ago and just could not bring myself to use them. I guess that makes me a hoarder of sort's. 🤪 Dandy Dave!  

IMG_2466.JPG

IMG_2468.JPG

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Bill Boudway said:

Hi,

Leg vice!

I have one that I rescued from a Dumpster at the transfer station a few years ago.

Nice find.

Someone called mine a blacksmith's vice.

Yes, we called it a Blacksmith's vise when I was a kid. My old man was a Blacksmith, and that's what he called it. I have subsequently been corrected to call it a leg vise. Either way, it's a handy piece of kit. You won't break it. I have a spare, about twice the size, but I doubt I'll ever wear mine out.

You were lucky to find one in a skip, as they are keenly sought by the new wave of hobby blacksmiths, in this country. An anvil or a bellows will cost you deep in the purse around these parts.

3 hours ago, Bill Boudway said:

Hi,

Yes, I know it's a bit brace.

Extra credit  if you can  tell what trade might find it useful

IMG_1718[1].JPG

That's a beauty. Perhaps it pre-dates the ratchet type. Just makes you appreciate our battery drills! I don't miss drilling green fence posts with a brace and bit.

14 hours ago, Ben Bruce aka First Born said:

As long as the head of the valve has the two holes!

Ben

If the valves have two holes, they are probably two piece valves.  i would remove all two piece valves from my cars, if they were there...

Frank

10 minutes ago, James Wright said:

I didn't even know Vice Grips came with instructions. I would have never thought of holding the reinforcement on a cracked fender with Vice Grips. Who knew? 

Yeah. Just buy them off of the shelf today. They have not come with a box for many, many years. I have lot's of pairs that I use. Just did not want to beat up this vintage pair. 

26 minutes ago, oldford said:

Model T magnet charger...

Dave, I'll swap that for the model A engine...

Frank

I use it all the time to charge Magneto Magnets. It is here anytime need to charge a magnet Frank. Just bring them by. No charge. Pun intended. Dandy Dave! 

Edited by Dandy Dave (see edit history)

15 hours ago, zipdang said:

The bull I was tending to didn't like it one bit.

That one is very different as the one we used had long handles like bolt cutters.  I would not want to have my head anywhere near the bulls legs.

I suspect those ones were used one time then went into an estate sale.  

Edited by Joe in Canada (see edit history)

I have a pair of vice grips that look just like that pair from the box.

They were handed down to me from my Dad.

Use them all the time. Just used them a few days ago to repair a weed whacker.

Maybe I should put them away and buy a modern pair.  🙂

5 hours ago, Joe in Canada said:

That one is very different as the one we used had long handles like bolt cutters.  I would not want to have my head anywhere near the bulls legs.

I suspect those ones were used one time then went into an estate sale.  

W.C. Fields once said, "There comes a time when you must grab the bull by the tail and face the situation".

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bill Boudway said:

Hi,

My guess is a spark plug wrench. Any other guesses?

IMG_1720[1].JPG

This could work as a draw-bar spanner on a milling machine. Small hammer head on the handle, and a hanging hook. I doubt it's deep enough for a plug spanner. Most likely automotive, though.