Does this sound familiar? (Humor)

victorialynn2

Just substitute "light bulb" for "engine", "tires", whatever you choose...

How many online forum members does it take to change a light bulb?

1 to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been changed.
14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently.
7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs.
27 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs.
53 to flame the spell checkers.
41 to correct spelling/grammar flames.
6 to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb".
6 to condemn those 6 as anal retentive.
2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is "lamp".
15 know-it-alls who claim *they* were in the industry, and that "light bulb" is perfectly correct.
156 to email the participant's Admin complaining that they are in violation of their "acceptable use policy".
109 to post that this group is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a lightbulb group
203 to demand that cross posting to hardware forum, off-topic forum, and lightbulb group about changing light bulbs be stopped.
111 to defend the posting to this group saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts *are* relevant to this group.
306 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique, and what brands are faulty.
27 to post URL's where one can see examples of different light bulbs.
14 to post that the URL's were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URL's.
3 to post about links they found from the URL's that are relevant to this group which makes light bulbs relevant to this group.
33 to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including all headers and signatures, and add "Me too".
12 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy.
19 to quote the "Me too's" to say "Me three".
4 to suggest that posters request the light bulb FAQ.
44 to ask what is a "FAQ".
4 to say "didn't we go through this already a short time ago?"
143 to say "do a Google search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs".
1 forum lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over again

• Like 7
  • Haha 4

Victorialynn,

We don't have to pay attention to your posts because you are a women.  

(If you think the last post was long, wait till you see the responses to this one.   (;-0)  

Ps. (my humble attempt on humor, don't shoot me. I love your posts)                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   

• Like 3

VL2, I don't know what the correct number is but after reading other recent posts I'm sure there will be a few who complain that this has nothing to do with the antique car hobby and this is why they are not returning to this website anymore. 

Keep posting as we need to lighten the mood here sometimes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

It is shocking that no one has commented on the proper handling/disposal of this "bad bulb" one can not be to careful in this day and age. Please consult the manufactures recommended handling procedures/policy on this matter. Also you may be in violation of the "terms and conditions agreement" you signed up for when you purchased the car that contained the bulb in question. It is your sand box to.:)  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Roger Walling said:

Victorialynn,

We don't have to pay attention to your posts because you are a women.  

(If you think the last post was long, wait till you see the responses to this one.   (;-0)  

Ps. (my humble attempt on humor, don't shoot me. I love your posts)                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   

She is a woman. Please watch your spelling.:D         ( I'm joking around, ok? - similar to some things mentioned in the OP)

I'm old school so I get to change light bulbs. I can even climb a ladder or stand on a chair to do it. The kids today are not allowed to do that due to possible injury. If any were allowed they would need a safety helmet, elbow and knee pads a ladder with safety belts and four inches or more of foam padding on the floor. Have fun 

• Like 1

And one to bring up the health and safety message about standing on a chair. Esp. swivelling chairs and those with wheels.... Think of broken nose, arm, leg, collar bone... Ouch!

And the recycling geniuses (i.e. children) who will put papier mache over the old bulb and turn it into a maraca.

At least 27 Forum members would ask for some pictures or diagrams on how to change a light bulb.  Printed instructions would be useless, since, as guys, we wouldn't read 'em anyway:D.  Per Craig's post #19 above, a video would be nice, but without the Country and Western singers:o.

At least five members would be required to discuss the question of right or left-hand thread.

Cheers,

Grog

P.S.  Victorialynn2,  after I finished laughing my ash off, I started to wonder that as a "Senior" Forum Member, I should be offended by the assessment of the talents of Forum Members.  After consulting with my lawyer, my psychiatrist,  my masseuse and my bartender, I've decided to retreat (with my friend Johnny Walker) to my safe space and await contact from "The Mothership".:wacko:

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, capngrog said:

At least 27 Forum members would ask for some pictures or diagrams on how to change a light bulb.  Printed instructions would be useless, since, as guys, we wouldn't read 'em anyway:D.  Per Craig's post #19 above, a video would be nice, but without the Country and Western singers:o.

At least five members would be required to discuss the question of right or left-hand thread.

Cheers,

Grog

P.S.  Victorialynn2,  after I finished laughing my ash off, I started to wonder that as a "Senior" Forum Member, I should be offended by the assessment of the talents of Forum Members.  After consulting with my lawyer, my psychiatrist,  my masseuse and my bartender, I've decided to retreat (with my friend Johnny Walker) to my safe space and await contact from "The Mothership".:wacko:

You have no idea how many times I hesitate to post stuff, worrying that you guys will be offended in some way by either my lack of knowledge or my "unique" and very uneducated views. 

I have been happily pleased with how y'all respond to my posts. 

Thank you for not being offended. ?

Now if it's Bulbs and car related,  are we talking about a Lucas electrical system?   Because that's a whole different story.  

Never thought of the LH,  RH thread either. That presents a whole new problem.  

From experience are we talking about a Single or double filament bulb?  Seems the last person to fix my Hudson figured it didn't matter and stuck a single filament in the double socket.  Makes for some interesting symptoms. 

Reminds me of that blonde joke (or a few self-center guys I know).  Takes only one forum member.....to hold the bulb while the rest of the world rotates around them to screw it in. ;)

• Haha 3

13 hours ago, victorialynn2 said:

You have no idea how many times I hesitate to post stuff, worrying that you guys will be offended in some way by either my lack of knowledge or my "unique" and very uneducated views. 

I have been happily pleased with how y'all respond to my posts. 

Thank you for not being offended. ?

If there was a rating system for posts here I would give yours an average of 9/10 (I rarely would give a 10). I am now looking for posts that you have started and making sure I read them regardless of the topic. I also find some of the more "unique" posts made here more fun to read because of the responses.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I did it, I mentioned the bulb thing and when I got to the threaded part I said bayonet style. Well, that implied a weapon so the New York State Safe Act ruled it out of conversation. I was told to say "like Marines use" to temper the tone. When I got to the parts store I asked for a Marine style auto bulb.

I got a Lucas one for a Lotus.

546b4dbec9e42_-_jamesbondlotussub-lg.jpg

We know a couple that plays a driving game involving spotting cars with one headlight burned out, it does not involve changing the light bulb.

Anybody here ever play it?

When you are driving down the road and you see a car with one headlight out kiss your had and hit the roof and say " PERDIDDLE!" and its a sex credit ;) after ten...collect!
*Kisses hand**smaks roof of car* "PERDIDDLE" "That's my 10th one time to collect 

1 hour ago, Paul Dobbin said:

We know a couple that plays a driving game involving spotting cars with one headlight burned out, it does not involve changing the light bulb.

Anybody here ever play it?

When you are driving down the road and you see a car with one headlight out kiss your had and hit the roof and say " PERDIDDLE!" and its a sex credit ;) after ten...collect!
*Kisses hand**smaks roof of car* "PERDIDDLE" "That's my 10th one time to collect 

What's sex ?

• Haha 1

I told my wife,  My first and only girl that came along much later than most guys girls,  I couldn't understand why the girls didn't chase me down in all my super cool old cars,  many of which were convertibles.  She informed me that you actually needed to stop for them to get in.   Now I understand it all completely.  Took me 28 years to eventually catch on.  Then I met a girl who didn't know a thing about old cars.   She doesn't mind them quite so much now. 

• Like 1