Does this sound familiar? (Humor)

victorialynn2

2 hours ago, Grimy said:

OMG! That's sooo old that I knew it in HS!  Never knew it survived to this day.

Yeah, I first learned of padiddles when it was introduced to me, quite romantically, by a thirteen year old girl named Trudy fifty five years ago. Yes, in Minnesota it's part of our culture to have girls named "Trudy".

Edited by Hudsy Wudsy (see edit history)

15 minutes ago, Hudsy Wudsy said:

Tragically, she only lived to be nineteen years old. Her end involved a massive elm tree and the dashboard of a '59 Chev. I was an early proponent of seat belts.

So sorry to hear this....

And don't forget the S&H requirement if a ladder is used for padded mats for a radius of double the height of the ladder. If a wall is encountered, the padded mats should go up the side of the wall to meet the radius requirement (does not need to exceed the ceiling height).

(personally use mats when working on something fragile like a lamp with a glass cover over tile - is like carrying spares for a race car: anything you have won't break)

So from changing a light bulb to the reminiscing of those high school encounters with Trudy. (or what ever that little nastys name was)

We all had em. and the tricks we used to get close to em.

Here now a  bunch of old farts trying to relive their youth.

I better go take a cold shower.

Try an antique radio forum. Was a lot done with filaments and filament voltages back in the tube daze. Used to be a light bulb at GE in upstate New York that had been burning for 100 years. To do that they derated the filament voltage 'til it barely glowed.

1 hour ago, JACK M said:

So from changing a light bulb to the reminiscing of those high school encounters with Trudy. (or what ever that little nastys name was)

Did they ever work?

4 hours ago, 30DodgePanel said:

HHH HMMmm.... can someone point me to the filament forum please....?

confused.jpg

Yes but then you have to decide whether it's the single or double filament forum  and we won't even get into the post configuration of the bulb that it goes in.   That's another subforum.  We are going to need a road map and a working lightbulb to find our way back out of this thread. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, JACK M said:

In regard to padiddles, I mention the sweet, playful affection of a thirteen year old girl and you go on characterize her, and apparently others, as a "nastys". And on Victoria Lynn's thread. Where is the thumbs down icon?

Edited by Hudsy Wudsy (see edit history)

Guest BillP

Not a bit! VL, you impugn me. It's merely what it is. Basically, it's the word an underpaid drone of a NY Times crossword editor uses to fill in an otherwise impossible void. 

14 minutes ago, Hudsy Wudsy said:

In regard to padiddles, I mention the sweet, playful affection of a thirteen year old girl and you go on characterize her, and apparently others, as a "nastys". And on Victoria Lynn's thread, nevertheless. Where is the thumbs down icon?

Hudsy, it is indeed unfortunate that Jack didn't catch what you said about her. I know Jack in person and am sure he wouldn't have meant to insult her memory. He also knows I can handle some "off color humor". 

Thank you for being a gentleman. I appreciate it. I don't require special treatment in a place where really it's a majority of men, I can handle it, but I appreciate the thought. 

It doesn't take much for men's imaginations to go in the wrong direction. I am sure Trudy was a great gal. I also lost friends in a similar fashion in HS and it's a painful memory, this many years later. I'm sorry for your loss. 

Edited by victorialynn2 (see edit history)

6 hours ago, victorialynn2 said:

Women are lucky. We just have to smile, or cook a steak or something. Haha

Or light our way with ELECTROLUMINESCENCE!!  (No bulbs required.)

Who has a 60-62 Chrysler or '66-'67 Charger with this feature to illuminate the instruments at night?

Craig

12 hours ago, victorialynn2 said:

Thank you for being a gentleman. I appreciate it. I don't require special treatment in a place where really it's a majority of men, I can handle it, but I appreciate the thought. 

I've heard VL2 even goes to a bar in Texas for happy hour occasionally!! She is just like some of us !  

Edited by SC38DLS (see edit history)

She helps me deal with the pain of saying goodbye to my father so slowly. I don't talk about him much because it's too hard.

It put a big old smile on my face to drive her and I think he would be happy I'm having her taken care of. Just washing and detailing her brings back good memories and is like having a little piece of him back. This is much more than a car to me. 

I am so very grateful for Jack's help and to everyone who has helped me deal with my father's situation. 

10 hours ago, XframeFX said:

"She's" a looker!

Yes!!! And that '57 Ford is too!!!  Joking aside, glad you are on here VL2. Enjoy your posts, and so refreshing to converse with someone other than an old buffalo ( like me ). 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Mike36 said:

Yes!!! And that '57 Ford is too!!!  Joking aside, glad you are on here VL2. Enjoy your posts, and so refreshing to converse with someone other than an old buffalo ( like me ). 

Ty and remember, women's photos always look better than they do in real life. Otherwise, we wouldn't post them. ?

I bit of tweeking, fine tuning and adjusting and running well for her age.

Brakes are working but we have decided to give them a look over regardless.

I would like to talk with someone that is more familiar with the retractable mechanism.

The trunk lift seems to be slipping, would like to know if there is a clutch in those worm drives or if it would be common for pins to shear in the rams (actuators?) two rams on either side in the very back on each side inside of the trunk.

Cables are intact and it will lift if helped but even when it is all the way up it needs coaxing to make the limit switch activate.

Other than that particular part it works pretty good.

I am thinking that I may take those rams off and take a look, but advice would be appreciated.