image.jpeg.6fddcc60cd34885382c9705745e25496.jpeg

The question is it in the same styling class as this

image.jpeg.3dbc86c0249346f09975580fd7a38352.jpeg

Or this?

image.jpeg.d416fd1b58c1accb1854877e3edc9ef6.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

35 minutes ago, Jim Skelly said:

I saw one last week and it looks even worse than in the photos since it is life size.  

Same here. I saw two up close on a business trip to the west coast. One had a tan colored wrap on it and that really looked awful. The other was stock and passed me on the freeway. It was horrible.

• Like 4

I have seen several, besides having the looks of an armored car they are MASSIVE vehicles. Not for me either, but as they say "there is an ass for every seat" People did buy the Pontiac Aztec's 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

45 minutes ago, 7th Son said:

Moderator:

Please move this post and all the related comments to the "LUDDITE" section of the forum.  Thank you.

You can have modern technology without it looking like warmed-over hell.

I think the Cybertruck stylists are stuck in preschool, because it looks like a vehicle a preschooler would draw.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

One thing you can say about it is, that it stands out from all of the other "Jellybean" looking new cars, and you do know what it is when you see it. Good or bad it does make an impression. The first time I say one I did have a "What the f...is that thing?" moment

Edited by John348 (see edit history)
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Crusty Trucker said:

How about following this one on a bright, sunny day?

Polished Cybertruck

The very definition of polishing a turd.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

May we all live long enough to see one on the show field and be able to bitch about it being there. Don't say none will be around, because some of the cars we see now on the field I did not think back in the day would last 10 years let alone 25 and 30 years

Edited by John348 (see edit history)
  • Like 4

The only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about.

Nobody ever went broke underestimating the taste of the American people.

There’s no such thing as bad publicity.

More cliches anyone?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

To TAKerry's point

I see these responses as a confirmation of our appreciation, devotion and commitment to the antique car hobby and equally our distain of mindless, unproven trends. Long live gas.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

Just what non-prescription medications is Elon taking? He has so much money that he is living in gaga land.

Just because he can doesn't justify the existence of that abomination. Did the overturn of "Rowe vs Wade" ban termination of bad design too?

Steve

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Lee H said:

The only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about.

Nobody ever went broke underestimating the taste of the American people.

There’s no such thing as bad publicity.

More cliches anyone?

But Oscar Wilde wouldn't have been caught dead in anything looks like that.

For all his faults and peccadilloes the man had taste. Had a way with words too, especially when zinging someone.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Fordy said:

Did the overturn of "Rowe vs Wade" ban termination of bad design too?

Apparently not.🙂

Reminds me of a high school friend whose 16 year old son got into the "bustin' a sag" clothing style in the 90s. It was a big point of contention between them. Marv asked the boy why he wanted to go around with his underwear showing all the time and the kid said "It's the style daddy. Didn't you want to be in style when you were in high school?"

Marv thought a minute and told the kid "Yah, we were in style. It was bad style but we was in it." 

As a child of the 70s who wore some of those styles, I resemble that! I had a loudass jacked-up Oldsmobile too, which I also have some regrets about. Yup. We were in style.

But that still doesn't excuse the way the Cybertruck looks. How do you see out the back of it anyway? And where is its pickup bed?

• Like 1

It's a polarizing design, but I do appreciate the engineering  advances that went into pulling it off.  

• Like 3

Mechanical efficiency is a thing of beauty in it,s own right. A D 10 Cat can,t be accused of being beautiful  nor can a R-2800 Radial engine, but stand next to either one when it,s fired up and you can,t help but be awed by it,s function.

So, while the CT doesn,t follow the herd in styling it,s form does seem well suited to it,s EV function........bob

Edited by Bhigdog (see edit history)
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Must be a real slow weekend everywhere. Why aren't y'all out enjoying your old cars, bad weather?

At least you could be doing a little maintenance in the garage, or even in the house. Take your wife shopping and drop into the pub for a cool one. Must be something out there that could occupy you.

Take the grandkids to an amusement park.

Tesla cybertruck By sinann | Media & Culture Cartoon | TOONPOOL

Edited by Crusty Trucker (see edit history)
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Let's be honest, the guy is mega rich and not quite living in the real world. Since he has several rug rats, I wouldn't be surprised to hear that one of his kids drew the basic design and followed it up with "make this for me daddy". It's an abomination and I am surprised that it has customers.

Steve

• Like 2
  • Haha 3