The original Model A Chicken Coupe yours for only $3400

auburnseeker

Now I'm not putting this in the for sale section,  because It's not some fantastic deal.  I'm trying to figure out which wood kit he used?  Says all new wood. 

So what body style is it? I think we can agree on 2 door (full size ones atleast)   Not sure if it has anymore to collect the eggs. 

Says it's ready to paint or stain.   I would just tear it off and put it in the back yard for the chickens, I think and start over.  

269855472_5143009665750007_7968195542598685448_n-1.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

29 minutes ago, Walt G said:

Body by Outhouse. Their motto was " a flush in a flash". 

When you gotta go........go in a Ford!

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

29 minutes ago, Walt G said:

Body by Outhouse. Their motto was " a flush in a flash". 

Maybe we should have a contest to write an auction catalog listing...........it would be hilarious! 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Lahti35 said:

The builder did go for suicide doors, very sporty!

All the easier to dump the whole thing off when you get it home.  

Find some kids in the neighborhood selling lemonade and donate the body as a lemonade stand.  Of course we know kids can't do that now, but speaking hypothetically. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, edinmass said:

Maybe we should have a contest to write an auction catalog listing...........it would be hilarious! 

Unique 1931 Ford Model Eh...gg prototype built to original drawings.  Ready to finish to your vision.  This design was originally conceived to assist farmers to transition from farm gate sales to your local Saturday morning farmers market.  This vehicle will pay for itself.  Runs on chicken feed.....

• Like 1

Since you have a series 14 chassis /fender/cowl set up ( with the neat horizontal art deco louvers at the side)  I think a Weymann fabric type body would work ( they also made metal panel bodies) to keep with the flow of the fender/hood line. Even with wood wheels this can be achieved. How good are you with a ban saw? do you have one? do you have a source for 2nd growth ash hardwood?  Lots of options especially if one can look at what was going on in Europe at the time period of this chassis, Franklin had some activity in London and Europe at the time and a dealership in London, so chassis were available "over there"  and were fitted with some rather pleasing designs.

• Like 1

Is that even a Model A hood? Does not seem to fit quite right. I would hope that was not meant to be a serious creation, but then again if someone did that as a joke they have a whole lotta more spare time than I do. 

Looks like a golf bag compartment to me 🥴

Edited by TAKerry (see edit history)

24 minutes ago, Walt G said:

Since you have a series 14 chassis /fender/cowl set up ( with the neat horizontal art deco louvers at the side)  I think a Weymann fabric type body would work ( they also made metal panel bodies) to keep with the flow of the fender/hood line. Even with wood wheels this can be achieved. How good are you with a ban saw? do you have one? do you have a source for 2nd growth ash hardwood?  Lots of options especially if one can look at what was going on in Europe at the time period of this chassis, Franklin had some activity in London and Europe at the time and a dealership in London, so chassis were available "over there"  and were fitted with some rather pleasing designs.

Yes, lots of options. Speedster, or a Cantrell similar to Hanks, or a custom variation of the Cantrell, or the Weymann fabric fuselage. Or then again just a parts car.

• Like 1

You guys are a tough crowd! So the guy had a nicely restored rolling chassis for a not-particularly rare or valued make/model (may have bought it that way with no body), and rather than spend 15K-25K to get it bodied and finished to original, (to have a car then worth 1/2 his investment say $10K-$20K), he/she put carpentry hands to work for 2/3 days and put a simple and practical woody body on it and likely loves the positive comments he/she gets down at the local ice cream shop. Kudos to him/her I say. Down the road, maybe one of you guys will be able to buy it and do what you want with it. We need to be more compassionate about people and their choices for "their" cars. 

• Thanks 1

Well we have to have some standards.  Maybe if car companies did we would have never had the Pontiac Aztec.  That's what happens when you let guys with questionable skills lead the pack.  

I sure hope if I was building something like this (which I never would), someone would question me as to what am I trying to achieve,  before I got this far.

Number one rule of car building,  put it on paper first and stand back,  look at it long and hard , then ask yourself is that what I really want to build?

This has the look of one of those houses that the guy starts building at one end and changes directions with every addition so in the end you have a mess,  then they wonder why they can't sell it for good money. 

I also hate to say it,  but if you think you are going to get alot of thumbs up driving this down for ice cream,  you may be in for a rude awakening. 

The only bonus is even the builder realizes it's not much more than a parts car by the price. 

• Like 2

My new neighbor has chickens and free grazes in the city whilst attracting a ton of pigeons. I've been here since 94 and we've never had pigeons till he moved in. 

This ride would be perfect for them, how much are they asking for this beast?

Only one problem, I'm not sure his wife will fit, guess we can strap her to the top safe enough.

What's the load capacity?

There's a good pig vs chicken joke in there somewhere...

Edited by 30DodgePanel (see edit history)
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, Gunsmoke said:

You guys are a tough crowd! So the guy had a nicely restored rolling chassis for a not-particularly rare or valued make/model (may have bought it that way with no body), and rather than spend 15K-25K to get it bodied and finished to original, (to have a car then worth 1/2 his investment say $10K-$20K), he/she put carpentry hands to work for 2/3 days and put a simple and practical woody body on it and likely loves the positive comments he/she gets down at the local ice cream shop. Kudos to him/her I say. Down the road, maybe one of you guys will be able to buy it and do what you want with it. We need to be more compassionate about people and their choices for "their" cars. 

I think we found the owner. 

Image result for Whistling eye roll gif

Edited by 30DodgePanel (see edit history)
  • Haha 2