In Honor of the nicer weather ~ Show me your rag top!

VL, you don't need better weather to enjoy a ragtop!  The Stanley picture was taken at an event on New Year's Day a couple of years ago.  The temperature was 28, and I was wearing cross-country ski clothes and a snowmobile suit.  The Biuck picture was taken at Hershey in the rain, and includes me, my son and my grandson.  The others were just fun times.

20228910_10155672404903631_7811036995141453941_n.jpg

12370954_1157114711005745_3625941655445650923_o.jpg

IMG_1708.jpg

IMG_1633.JPG

• Like 7

Somewhat like you... 

Dad bought the Overland back in 1966, put a new top on it, rebuilt the engine and enjoyed the car till passing it on to me.

I need to buy new tires and do a tune up before I can enjoy the past... 

1592417639_1920OverlandDad-WindsorAirportShow-Copy.thumb.jpg.24bbc91175989d66e3971f4cebb3ec85.jpg

• Like 3

Hi Victoria-Lynn

I'll have to take a picture of the '21 Chevy with the top down.Don't have a current one. It looks a lot like your dad's "T",but was modified from a touring car.

My wife had a mid-life crisis a few years ago and wanted a convertible. She bought this 2000 Mustang GT.While not yet a collectable, it's a lot of fun on warm days.

Jim

1921 Chevrolet Roadster Pickup 002.JPG

2000 Mustang GT convertible 001.JPG

• Like 3

2 hours ago, J.H.Boland said:

Hi Victoria-Lynn

I'll have to take a picture of the '21 Chevy with the top down.Don't have a current one. It looks a lot like your dad's "T",but was modified from a touring car.

My wife had a mid-life crisis a few years ago and wanted a convertible. She bought this 2000 Mustang GT.While not yet a collectable, it's a lot of fun on warm days.

Jim

1921 Chevrolet Roadster Pickup 002.JPG

I was told dad’s T was also modified. I sold the parts to make it back into a car when I sold it. There was a guy in town that knew the T and my dad and had a business specializing in T restoration. He was all over that T when he found out I was selling. Hopefully I did ok when I sold it. One thing was for sure, he bought it at a time that I really needed $ for dad, so it was a blessing at the time. 

A tragic/horrible accident happened to this coupe, the roof just fell off. Turned/"CUT" a corner to fast, and it was gone. I would bring a claim against the Hudson Motor Car Co, if they were still around. What makes the whole thing really strange is. The roof landed on a Hudson truck and formed a stretch?

IMG_20111113_161025.jpg

hudson convertible, mikes truck 018.JPG

Hudson convertible 142.JPG

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

We don't get out as much as we'd like to but here we are at the Waterbury, VT VAE show last August.  I'm not in the picture but my wife, Nelli is, wearing her 1st prize winning costume. And, although it's can't be seen in this photo she was carrying a Wendell Willkie for President handkerchief which I'm sure helped convince the judges she was dressed appropriately for the time period.   The car is our 1940 LaSalle Model 52. 

DSCN0196.JPG

• Like 5

Unfortunately the Cord is not roadworthy but sure looks like it could be fun,  just sitting in the corner. 

The other one is probably not AACA approved. 

No other drivable ragtops at the moment.  Leaves a big void as I had one or another sometimes a few at a time for the last 20 years.  The new garage has dashed any hopes of buying one in the foreseeable future as well.  

IMG_5999.JPG

IMG_2184.JPG

• Like 5

Great stuff and variety!  VL, our SL is an 89 560, this style mb ran from 72 to 89, mom wanted one when i was a kid in the 70s.  We all use it whenever we can in the summer, when the boy was still home & single he used it for dating.  At great risk of posting another dog pic, here is a sort of selfie with my pal Stella in the back!  😀😉

FB_IMG_1517057096258.jpg

• Like 2

Here are a couple of pictures of my oldest car (1916)

taken in the warm weather.  One is taken by an

old mill, and the other is when I gave my younger

cousins a ride--naturally with the top down.

The car is an older restoration, a Locomobile Model 38,

and I have driven it almost every week in nice weather:

1916 Locomobile 16 - Copy.JPG

Parks family reunion 2013 (17).JPG

Edited by John_S_in_Penna (see edit history)
  • Like 6

14 hours ago, Dave Fields said:

Is this your lean to? Fantastic room! Where did you get the poster? The wall cabinets? The figures on top of the cabinets? "Where Does he get all those wonderful toys? (Batman.) 

The house In the first picture is mine but the car room in the second pic is Not mine.  That is at a major restoration shop that I had doing some work on the car.  That picture is from their display room.  Here are a couple more pictures of that room on the day I took that picture.  

25265E63-8861-4EEF-88D3-C19E27E6343C.jpeg

7FDECE2B-11E4-4541-961D-43957DD1C7A0.jpeg

Edited by kfle (see edit history)
  • Like 2