Buick pictures you may or may not like

Elpad

1 hour ago, D Yaros said:

Here is a current Milwaukee, WI billboard ad.  I wonder how old the attorneys are?

maxresdefault.jpg

Chances are that in today's cars there would be no injuries sustained by anyone so the have to show cars that weren't built to absorb collisions as shown.

• Like 1

On 1/29/2018 at 5:19 PM, RivNut said:

Chances are that in today's cars there would be no injuries sustained by anyone so the have to show cars that weren't built to absorb collisions as shown.

Who knows?  What I do know is, I would not be hiring a lawyer in the 21st century who thinks 20th century events strike a responsive chord/speak to:

Generation X (Baby Bust)
Xennials 
Generation Y - 
The Millennials - 
Gen Next
iGen / Gen Z
Gen Alpha 

or that he is "with it" in terms of either current affairs or current law/legal trends!

1 hour ago, D Yaros said:

Who knows?  What I do know is, I would not be hiring a lawyer in the 21st century who thinks 20th century events strike a responsive chord/speak to:

Generation X (Baby Bust)
Xennials 
Generation Y - 
The Millennials - 
Gen Next
iGen / Gen Z
Gen Alpha 

or that he is "with it" in terms of either current affairs or current law/legal trends!

I've already named the generation that's in school now.  Generation "E".  E for enabled. They don't do anything on their own then cry to their parents to enable them to get away with doing nothing.  I got out of teaching early for that very reason.  My wife is retiring from teaching early for the same reason. What's really sad is that no one wants to become a teacher.  Schools are hurting for teachers and colleges aren't getting education majors. I'm off my soap box now. Sorry.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 2/3/2018 at 10:17 PM, DLynskey said:

Restored with minor performance upgrades.

Blown Buick 1.jpg

I'm not sure that at the height that engine is sitting, if the drive shaft exists the firewall through the radio and bisects the front seat. 

On 2/23/2018 at 8:00 AM, EmTee said:

fourlinks_burnedcollections-970x633.jpg

I do not know the owners name, but this car was owned by the winner of the Best in Show Riviera at the most recent ROA meet held in Reno.  That award winning Riviera was destroyed in the same California wild fires.  The restoration on the picturned car had just been completed.  ? The gentleman lost his home and everything in the fire.

I deleted my prior post due to it's inappropriateness. I apologize to any of you that I offended. It was totally my mistake. I feel bad about that post, but worse yet for this fellow and family, and all the others who lost so much in the fires that seem to incessantly consume the West.  I can only hope they find some comfort in saving themselves, and that the insurance companies treat them fairly.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think you were posting just a picture of a Buick you don’t like to see in that condition just as thousands of pictures you find on the internet. Problem at times is that one finds out a little bit of history and someone close to the forum and emotions sinks in. I think ? this is good to learn about the particular situation. if you had not posted, we probably would not find out about the misshaped. Me I would not be offended and don’t sincerely think anybody else would.

Edited by Elpad (see edit history)

28 minutes ago, EmTee said:

Not sure what to make of this.  Perhaps a "3-hour tour"...?  :unsure:

Never been here but this is an iconic bar in West Miami, Fl about 8 miles from home. Is call 7 Seas Bar and I have seen this 55 parked there as advertisement since I came to Miami around 1973. Pity  they have not done anything to it

7219B2C6-A14D-4751-AB2B-7F53FBBE54FB.jpeg

8448BE9F-3FA9-4DAC-B4DA-0CE43ED2A68A.jpeg

0EDE71AB-38C1-460E-883A-1976CFFF885E.jpeg

Edited by Elpad (see edit history)
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, avgwarhawk said:

Shame really.  

I thought the same thing,  but then, I thought:

It's not in a junk yard, I bet it gets tons of attention and is appreciated and who knows,  maybe (hopefully) it influenced someone or more than one to find and fix an old Buick......

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, wndsofchng06 said:

It's not in a junk yard, I bet it gets tons of attention and is appreciated and who knows,  maybe (hopefully) it influenced someone or more than one to find and fix an old Buick......

35 minutes ago, wndsofchng06 said:

I will drive by to see if still there; if the Gilligan’s Island Buick still exist, I will take a picture with it...promise!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Elpad said:

I will drive by to see if still there; if the Gilligan’s Island Buick still exist, I will take a picture with it...promise!

Drive by in your 54. Let the owner see what a top notch Buick looks like.Maybe inspire him/her to restore this old girl. 

• Like 1

This Buick was built up from a big 4 door sedan and other left over parts.The owner has a lot of parts stored in Texas, as I recall, but lives here in Ontario. It does stand out at car shows ! 

Norwich and Bayfield shows 2015 002.JPG