Buick pictures you may or may not like

Elpad

On 6/16/2017 at 10:25 AM, 60FlatTop said:

The disc brake conversion wouldn't fit with the stock wheels.

Bernie

The '55/'56 Chevy dash is an interesting swap.  I guess Dakota Digital doesn't make one for the Buick...  <_<

5 hours ago, Black River said:

That car ended up winning all kinds of awards, I believe maybe even the Ridler.  Not for everyone, but the craftsmanship is top notch.

boattail.jpg

baottail1.jpg

The Ridler is correct.  There are videoes on YouTube of this car competing in gymkana events.  It's not just a show vcar.  Notice the large tunes that run up the rear window and along the headliner. Those are the air inlets for the turn ocharger. The intake is opening between the tail lights. It's named The Rivision.

Edited by RivNut (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

Ya, fuel pump failure.

Simple fix. Source one, take gas tank off, clean out, new float in tank, new fuel line back to front, new fuel filter.....

and all five days before heading to Milwaukee on a Holiday weekend no less.....

Actually not too surprised by the turn of events, just been lucky so far.

• Like 2

Kinda Buick. In 2014 we travelled through Italy and Switzerland. Spotted this monstrosity right outside the Colosseum in Rome. Research tells me it is an El Grande, based on an extended 1971 Buick Centurion (very apt considering the location) with Cadillac bits and pieces. Apparently only 16 were built sometime around 1985? It was a Sunday morning and the "car" was being used for wedding modeling photographs. Then it just drove away. Cannot imagine how difficult that car would be to drive around Rome!

Dare to be different!

Rick

ITALY 2014 150.JPG

ITALY 2014 151.JPG

ITALY 2014 152.JPG

• Like 3

8 hours ago, BRB62 said:

Kinda Buick. In 2014 we travelled through Italy and Switzerland. Spotted this monstrosity right outside the Colosseum in Rome. Research tells me it is an El Grande, based on an extended 1971 Buick Centurion (very apt considering the location) with Cadillac bits and pieces. Apparently only 16 were built sometime around 1985? It was a Sunday morning and the "car" was being used for wedding modeling photographs. Then it just drove away. Cannot imagine how difficult that car would be to drive around Rome!

Dare to be different!

Rick

ITALY 2014 150.JPG

ITALY 2014 151.JPG

ITALY 2014 152.JPG

Ugly!

pass

Once the initial shock wears off, closer inspection reveals that this 'van' appears to be very well executed.  I imagine there are 50's Buick lovers out there for whom this would make a perfect [fill-in the blank] vehicle.  I'm really curious to see what it looks like inside...

• Like 1