Elpad

Buick pictures you may or may not like

5 minutes ago, RivNut said:

Notice the price of "real" gas.  No 10% ethanol here.

No idea when or where this picture was taken, but gas at 22.9 in 1947 equates to $2.62 today.  Gas prices have been lower than that in many parts of the country the last couple of years.

5 hours ago, kgreen said:

So badly damaged that it is hard to tell the make.  The wheel wells don't look familiar for a 40-41 but the rear turn signal suggests that this used to be a beautiful 2 door convertible Buick.  This would make a great parts car today.

Buick 80.jpg

I think this is the car Jackofalltrades77 started out with! ;)

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

I would also like to note that it didn't take thieves more than 15 minutes to steal that dog dish hubcap and trim ring,  probably in anticipation that some day they would be in high demand!  LOL

• Like 1

these new Buicks from China sure do look strange.

On 9/13/2017 at 8:23 AM, kgreen said:

So badly damaged that it is hard to tell the make.  The wheel wells don't look familiar for a 40-41 but the rear turn signal suggests that this used to be a beautiful 2 door convertible Buick.  This would make a great parts car today.

Buick 80.jpg

1948 Super.

Ben

TV Tommy Ivo. Very famous exhibition drag car from the 60s. Ran in the 180s in the quarter with all four smokin’

With my bad knee, I could deal with this car but with a set of Vogue tires and wheels.

Roadmaster Wheel.jpg

On 10/24/2017 at 8:15 PM, Elpad said:

550A2AE9-390E-4545-9A4D-686B5DD3426A.jpeg

That's an enhancement of the original door design. If the top edge doesn't poke you in the face you can get stabbed by the bottom corner. I have had two '94 Roadmasters and still have a '94 Impala SS. Like Blondie used to say, they'll gitcha.

So, at the big National Craigslist Seller's Convention, in Monks Corners, South Carolina, the first topic was "Prepare for the first question: Do you have the original wheels?"

Bernie