Special Announcement-New Moderator!

R W Burgess

MrEarl has accepted an invitation to be a Moderator for our web site and the Buick Forums in particular. I know all of you know Lamar by now. I know that we all also realize that Lamar will be an asset to our moderator team.

Please join me and the other moderators in welcoming Lamar onboard.

Wayne

Thank you Wayne and thanks everybody for the congrats. I look forward to working alongside Roberta as a Moderator on the greatest of all forums, the BCA Forum. When asked to consider becoming a moderator I looked up the meaning and it pretty much confirmed what I thought a Moderator is. Here is what I found in the FAQ under Moderator.

Moderators oversee specific forums. They generally have the ability to edit and delete posts, move threads, and perform other actions. Becoming a moderator for a specific forum is usually rewarded to users who are particularly helpful and knowledgeable in the subject of the forum they are moderating.

I am sure some of you are thinking, “Who put the monkey to guarding the bananas” Well, everybody here already knows where to post and are civil enough that there is seldom any need for deleting of posts. So it was the “perform other actions” part that influenced me to accept. Just some general housekeeping things like updating some of the old “sticky” subforum intro threads and some other small improvements to format etc.

I think the Forum could become a much bigger part of the BCA. I’ll be asking Pete if he would consider again giving us a couple of columns in the Bugle. I’ll also be asking the BOD to consider allotting some time during the BCA National's awards banquet for recognition of participating forum members.

So, enough rambling. Thanks again for the warm welcome and I look forward to serving you. Please let me know how I can help.

“When Better Friendships are Built, the BCA Forum Will Build Them”

Guest wildcat465

Many thanks to Roberta for her fine job. I am sure we will still see a lot of your wisdom here still.

Good luck to Lamar for grabbing the already high standard. I will hoist a Rusty Nail for you.

Lamar,

You have long been an asset to this FORUM, and we appreciate your efforts. You and Roberta will undoubtably be a great team, to the benefit of those of us who are still learning, or just enjoy the comments.

post-54863-143139273947_thumb.jpg

post-54863-143139273921_thumb.jpg

Congratulations on your new responsibility!

Best regards,

Marty

post-54863-143139273904_thumb.jpg

post-54863-143139273908_thumb.jpg

post-54863-143139273938_thumb.jpg

Edited by Marty Roth (see edit history)

Mr Earl, did you receive any training beside what you read about being a Moderator? Cause your first job should be to release the sticky on the South Central Regional, I should put the link for the SE Regional, since I was there, ok here it is:2012 BCA Southeast Regional

What??? I'm suppose to work on my first day.:eek: Heck, I'm still readin and re-readin all the congrats and kudos I'm gettin. :)

Actually I'm a moderator on the 54Buick.com forum so I know a little bit about moderatin. But there's a lot more traffic here so I'm sure I've got a lot to learn. Yep, old stickies taking up room at the top of a subforum is one of my pet peeves. However, that being said, I do like to see threads about events remain up top for a few weeks to give those in attendance a chance to share their stories and car and people pictures etc. I was considering 30 days after the event as a time frame for this. And guess what, today is 30 days, so looks like we are together on this one. You cool wit dat? :)

MrEarl has accepted an invitation to be a Moderator for our web site and the Buick Forums in particular. I know all of you know Lamar by now. I know that we all also realize that Lamar will be an asset to our moderator team.

Please join me and the other moderators in welcoming Lamar on board.

Wayne

1953mack likes this.

Sent from my two empty beer cans and a piece of string.

Mucho Kudos to the Duke of Earl!

Al Malachowski

BCA #8965

"500 Miles West of Flint"

Edited by 1953mack
Cleaned up my post. (see edit history)

Guess what, some people don't know the difference between a forum moderator and webmaster, duh!

Oh wait, let's add Facebook in and it's a real thrill to try to explain.

Oh my, at least my best neighbor understands, and he's actually 3.8 miles away, and I see him at least 2 times a week, sometimes more!!!!!! #1308 or was.......

Edited by BUICK RACER (see edit history)

Guess what, some people don't know the difference between a forum moderator and webmaster, duh!

Oh wait, let's add Facebook in and it's a real thrill to try to explain.

Oh my, at least my best neighbor understands, and he's actually 3.8 miles away, and I see him at least 2 times a week, sometimes more!!!!!! #1308 or was.......

Would that be, The Old Guy??? Glad to hear you have Mr. Earl helping out as a Moderator. :D Dandy Dave!

• 2 weeks later...
An obvious mad grab for power. He posts beautiful women, and then when we aren't looking, moves into the drivers seat. Woe is us.:P

Now, your not Going to let all this power go to your Head, Are you now Mr. Earl??? ;) Dandy Dave!

Hey Lamar, are they on to us yet?

Whew, good...if they only knew our plans for total 1954 Buick domination. This is just one more step in the process until its all 54 all the time. Good thing I am saying this in a PM, Imagine what they would say if this conspiracy got out?

Keep up the good work soon it will all be ours Buuuwwwaahahahahahh!

Hey Lamar, are they on to us yet?

Whew, good...if they only knew our plans for total 1954 Buick domination. This is just one more step in the process until its all 54 all the time. Good thing I am saying this in a PM, Imagine what they would say if this conspiracy got out?

Keep up the good work soon it will all be ours Buuuwwwaahahahahahh!

Bob, you were't in the Private Messaging forum son, you just blew it, totally foiled our plan, now they all know our scheme. But they should all know by now, my DNA is Buick, Blood type - 54.

Edited by MrEarl (see edit history)