I JUST LOVE THE PICTURE OF THIS BUICK...........

12 minutes ago, 91vert said:

If you look in the pictures there are vents beside the back window, inside the window there are two clear plastic tubes that let in fresh air.

Not sure but can imagine that you could control the amount of air you wanted to come in.

Factory air.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Elpad said:

Looks like an argument cool off period!

the Miss did not come out of her center position bench seat......love the 50

Probably a personal moment of introspection,  such as: Damn, too bad for the kids, I wish I had bought the convertible! 

It is kinda like this one, where I still keep wishing I could have had the  GS there too!

DSC07177.thumb.JPG.db459291093f796bff38499a0abfa21f.JPG

Edited by JohnD1956 (see edit history)
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, JohnD1956 said:

Probably a personal moment of introspection,  such as: Damn, too bad for the kids, I wish I had bought the convertible! 

It is kinda like this one, where I still keep wishing I could have had the  GS there too!

DSC07177.thumb.JPG.db459291093f796bff38499a0abfa21f.JPG

Can’t tell if another  person is inside the car as the shadow suggest, then another caption would be “Damn why did she (mother in law) have to come along!”

Edited by Elpad (see edit history)
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Elpad said:

Can’t tell if another  person is inside the car as the shadow suggest, then another caption would be “Damn why did she (mother in law) have to come along!”

No one else in the car, just travel gear.   The prior picture was taken moments before this one, with my sweetheart in her own moment of reflective thought...I did not ask her what she was thinking but I suspect she was missing both her parents who were hard workers who were very fond of the seashore, but never really understood my fascination with driving around in classic Buicks.    

DSC07184.thumb.JPG.0883f814e079b27072d152f92ef15de9.JPG

By the way, if you ever have the chance to travel in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan, I highly recommend a day or two there!   Totally Awesome ride! 

Edited by JohnD1956 (see edit history)
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, JohnD1956 said:

No one else in the car, just travel gear.   The prior picture was taken moments before this one, with my sweetheart in her own moment of reflective thought...I did not ask her what she was thinking but I suspect she was missing both her parents who were hard workers who were very fond of the seashore, but never really understood my fascination with driving around in classic Buicks.    

DSC07184.thumb.JPG.0883f814e079b27072d152f92ef15de9.JPG

By the way, if you ever have the chance to travel in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan, I highly recommend a day or two there!   Totally Awesome ride! 

I like the composition of this picture, the "ventiport" molding on the foreground then the color of the car mixed with the sand shade, the subject matter facing away from the camera in the background and the 12 miles horizon..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This car came very close to becoming a Roadmaster 4 door convertible.

20013.JPG.fc1d691328c20a12ecd663a269c2736c.JPG

The whole time I owned it the high rear deck cried out "39 Roadmaster to me. And I am not a stranger to lopping the roof off a car to make a convertible.

I could see the flavor of this in an updated version.

1939Convert.JPG.e6d3f20ef9d41ac5ba728171a8f61ece.JPG

Any experts out there recognize that I "station wagonized" the side strips on that '94?

Edited by 60FlatTop (see edit history)
  • Like 1

I was looking for an example of a '39 Roadmaster convertible for the post above and came across this:

https://www.barrett-jackson.com/Events/Event/Details/1939-BUICK-ROADMASTER-CONVERTIBLE-208961

Anyone else get a smile?  I wonder if the "legendary" car dealer might have been more "notorious" than legendary. Think the buyer figured it out yet?

Bernie

3 hours ago, 60FlatTop said:

Anyone else get a smile?  I wonder if the "legendary" car dealer might have been more "notorious" than legendary. Think the buyer figured it out yet?

Bernie

I am going to go out on a limb here and guess that you are referring to the front fender mounted turn signal lights which were only available as on option.

Then I noticed that it also had fender mounted rear turn signals which were not available, std. or an option.

For the first year the signals were an integral part of the trunk emblem.

Cal.

20 hours ago, 60FlatTop said:

I was looking for an example of a '39 Roadmaster convertible for the post above and came across this:

https://www.barrett-jackson.com/Events/Event/Details/1939-BUICK-ROADMASTER-CONVERTIBLE-208961

Bernie

You mean the fact that it's a Special and not a RM....not even close to being a RM...

• Like 2