I JUST LOVE THE PICTURE OF THIS BUICK...........

On ‎3‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 1:20 PM, 91vert said:

28795966_10154620052199229_8506930874376

James Dean in the '55 Porsche 550 Spyder that he died in.

You can see how seriously James is taking the situation.  Too bad he didn't learn a lesson before that fateful day.   

I love the Buick, but this really illustrates the changing values of the world.  In 1955 someone with a clear advantage would actually stop for the officer.  Today, they drive till they crash, and then try to run away on foot besides.

56 minutes ago, Pilgrim65 said:

Wonder if the 130 is a bit of a red flag

I just got back from lunch and an 80 mile ride through the rural county west of me. I am an old car guy. I had no clue of the heavy drug profiling around a BMW, especially the big ones, until a week ago. The sheriff rode my bumper for close to ten miles. I imagine once the plate cleared was when he cut out around me and made his pursuit vehicle smell like hair burning.

Cowboys!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Bernie, the suspicious thing was a big BMW "not being driven like an a**h***" which would be normal. Your *relative* caution so uncharacteristic of drivers of these cars made the cop suspect that you were holding product or otherwise doing something illegal.  The he ran your plate, identified you, and checked with your local law enforcement who told them you were harmless....  That's why it took ten miles.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, JohnD1956 said:

In 1955 someone with a clear advantage would actually stop for the officer.  Today, they drive till they crash, and then try to run away on foot besides.

Meh.  My uncle's and father told me about out running the police often as teens in hopped up fords and chevys Then they all joined the military. My dad joined the air force in 55. I just think we have more exposure to thing through multiple media outlets.

Edited by wndsofchng06 (see edit history)

1 hour ago, JohnD1956 said:

You can see how seriously James is taking the situation.  Too bad he didn't learn a lesson before that fateful day.   

I love the Buick, but this really illustrates the changing values of the world.  In 1955 someone with a clear advantage would actually stop for the officer.  Today, they drive till they crash, and then try to run away on foot besides.

Look at the size of the tires on the 55 chips car . They are not even close to the original 7.10x 15

The look like 8.00's to me

bill

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Grimy said:

the suspicious thing was a big BMW "not being driven like an a**h***"

The local cops know me. "Like" is a word that never would have been used. Think how many times a day that word is misused.

I like the James Dean picture. I heard a lot of Highway Patrol scenes were shot on dirt roads to minimize the risk of Crawford getting a ticket for driving under the influence. "Yeah, we better shoot this one on the Valley Road today."

• Haha 1

On ‎22‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 1:20 AM, 91vert said:

28795966_10154620052199229_8506930874376

James Dean in the '55 Porsche 550 Spyder that he died in.

Is that a second CHIPS Officer sitting in the passenger seat?

The Officer carrying the Buntline Special revolver ( must be uncomfortable wearing that even seated in a large Buick ) doesn't seem to be part of the conversation between Dean and his passenger which appears friendly.

This link will take you to some more detail about James Deans Porche and includes another photo of an early 50's Buick which Dean is taking a lonesome ride in!!

http://canadastockjournal.blogspot.com.au/2016/07/james-deans-cursed-porsche-550-spyder.html 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Grimy said:

The he ran your plate, identified you, and checked with your local law enforcement who told them you were harmless....  That's why it took ten miles.

Maybe I can eliminate the delay with a vanity plate.

_cfimg-1937887303447980427.PNG.355cab6eb2ae1b7a2e66064a5d4583b8.PNG

• Haha 1

Quick response. I recently learned that my lack of respect for authority is a form of mental illness, according to the authorities.

NYS shares their toys: https://transact2.dmv.ny.gov/PlatesPersonalized/index.cfm

I REALLY liked finding the Steven Hawking voice generator yesterday. All kinds of fun stuff online.

Bernie

On 23/03/2018 at 11:39 AM, 60FlatTop said:

I recently learned that my lack of respect for authority is a form of mental illness, according to the authorities.

In other words, like a friend of mine says to me, You have a bad attitude? :o

On ‎28‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 1:55 AM, JZRIV said:

How many guys does it take to install bumper?

72f6bf574c1b7746_landing.jpg

At least 4 and an overhead hoist!!

On ‎28‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 1:55 AM, JZRIV said:

Can any of us imagine letting a bear put its claws on our newer car today?

7788a30122174e1b_landing.jpg

Looks like lunch for Momma Bear is standing in that convertible just over the Buick hood taking photos.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Beemon said:

Doesn't seem to be raining too hard. :P

At that juncture no it was not.  When my wife and I got to the top of mountain just entering (Rte 70 west bound) Breezewood PA it not only poured like Niagara Falls, the wind was pushing the Buick off the road.  Surprisingly the bias ply did a nice job.   

• Like 1

On 4/1/2018 at 2:48 PM, Elpad said:

Simple days... animal cruelty and gun control activists will be having a field day with this pic nowadays 

Al you have my word that deer hunting is not what upsets us. ?

• Like 2

9 hours ago, 91vert said:

s-l1000.jpg

I used to own a truck repair shop and I remember the dirtiest uniform belonged to the hardest worker. By the same token the cleanest uniform was wore by the man in charge of not so important endeavors, the story teller and do nothing golfer and that my friends could be the man standing in front of the pump. In my now line of duty, I can't profile... sorry I can't help it. Before I post this, I hope i'm not offending anyone, just saying. Outstanding historical picture!

• Like 1