Dave Gelinas (XP-300)

I JUST LOVE THE PICTURE OF THIS BUICK...........

John, if it's any consolation, I think black walls and poverty caps are pretty cool. But then again, that's all I can afford... lol

• Like 2

2 hours ago, First Born said:

THEY ARE TOO WIDE!!   Beautiful car, though. But is that a '46?

Ben

Maybe I'll just start a "Tire Sidewall" subforum 

• Like 3

My first '39 Buick. I was 15 at the time. My '41 Olds 70 Series Club coupe 6 Stick in the background.

I would say 1963. That was the beginning of two cars in the yard for eternity. The Olds is parked about 10 feet from my current garage location.

Bernie

1939-40=1.jpg

Edited by 60FlatTop (see edit history)
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, First Born said:

THEY ARE TOO WIDE!!   Beautiful car, though. But is that a '46?

Ben

I would say '47 - '48.

The '46s had a different Buick badge on the front of the hood.

The width of the side walls appear to be of the correct size for that era.

The first year for Dynaflow was '48.

Taken from 70 Years of Buick.

Cal.

18 hours ago, Beemon said:

John, if it's any consolation, I think black walls and poverty caps are pretty cool. But then again, that's all I can afford... lol

"Poverty caps and black walls" Aren't the two synonymous?  Kind of like bread and butter, or love and marriage. Goes together like a horse and carriage. I don't picture the words Buick and poverty in the same category.

Ed

• Like 1

I have been scanning some photo album pictures. This was my Wife's all time favorite car. She was doing daycare when we had it and she would load it full of our two plus however many more were there for the day. It is about 1988. The magnetic signs were from an air conditioning company I was in with at the time.

This is the car I made into a permanent converted with an Olds windshield frame, deceptive package tray cover, and it came off pretty well. I sold it and a collector in Pennsylvania bought it. The car may still be out there somewhere. Anyone seen it?

Bernie

0088.jpg0099.jpg

• Like 2

6 hours ago, 60FlatTop said:

This is the car I made into a permanent converted with an Olds windshield frame, deceptive package tray cover, and it came off pretty well.

Bernie - any post-conversion pics to share?  :huh:

Those were chemical emulsion film days so, sadly, a lot less pictures were taken. That said, I do have a few hundred car related pictures I  am scanning as time allows.

The car was very convincing were completed. The '62 Olds convertible windshield frame grafted perfectly. And the padded parade boot was finished in gray vinyl that matched the Olefin upholstery.  I think I cut the roof off New Years Day 1988 and drove the car the following summer. I remember taking it to a car show in town one gloomy day and it started raining. I took shelter in a friend's '57 Ford convertible parked next to me. The Ford leaked so bad I might as well have sat in the Electra.

That car was an old Swap Sheet buy. When I called on the ad the seller, Grandson of the owner said "absolutely no less than $1,000 for it. I went to look at it, mostly, to find out what absolutely meant. I paid $750. So much for absolute. On the way home I stopped in one of the early convenience stores, got back in and dropped the lever down a notch and no reverse! It had been a while since I drove a Dynaflow.

I think we owned that car for 3 years. It was Cardinal red and I kept it looking nice by brush touching it. My son who is 34 now helped. See how he dipped from the quart can lid with the artist's brush.

19414.jpg

He is the salesman at the local Packard dealership now.

004.jpg

• Like 2

Park Central Hotel South Beach, Fl. Today, under renovation. Pictures during 2017 Art Deco Weekend Classic Car Fest (Hotel name was photo shop for ID purposes)

Art Deco Weekend 2017.jpeg

IMG_5782.jpg

Edited by Elpad
Spelling (see edit history)
  • Like 6

Amazing 1/6-scale 1954 Buick Skylarks, hand-crafted by a Texas architect who builds these on the side.  He spends $1,800 on the chrome-plating for each car.

The models are priced at $12,000 each.

32014331020_7e878dfec0_b.jpg

32014330930_30271b96c7_b.jpg

32014330630_68e806c657_b.jpg

32014330580_2479f851fc_b.jpg

• Like 5

42 minutes ago, Centurion said:

Amazing 1/6-scale 1954 Buick Skylarks, hand-crafted by a Texas architect who builds these on the side.  He spends $1,800 on the chrome-plating for each car.

The models are priced at $12,000 each.

32014331020_7e878dfec0_b.jpg

So... not only can I not afford to own an actual full-size 1954 Buick Skylark, I can't afford to buy a 1/6-scale model of one! <sigh> :(

Edited by therios (see edit history)
  • Like 5

That's getting close to what I paid for my full size 1954 Century Estate Wagon. I think I have more fun with mine. 

That said, they look very nice. 

13 hours ago, Centurion said:

Amazing 1/6-scale 1954 Buick Skylarks, hand-crafted by a Texas architect who builds these on the side.

So, is building 6 of these like restoring one classic car...?  :unsure: