I JUST LOVE THE PICTURE OF THIS BUICK...........

8 hours ago, Elpad said:

Two tone green northbound Buick

0D0227FF-7457-47E3-9C68-45B8741E66F0.jpeg

We've driven several of ur old cars on Daytona Beach

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Thriller said:

KUGN 590 is Eugene, Oregon. 

That awesome!    Our buildings signage have lost the creativity much like the design of our cars.     The picture brings me back to my visit to Memphis TN and the restaurant Elvis would eat his fried peanut butter and banana sandwiches.      

5 hours ago, Bloo said:

(Ok, it isn't a Buick, but it can almost pass in the dark.....)

The side benefit in my case is the dark hides a thousand sins body wise...

(helps me dream about it if restored ?)

I somehow had missed this wonderful thread until just a few minutes ago, so I haven't yet had time to look at all the photos.  But the very first one (fantastic film noir style shot of a '37) made me think, "Hmm ... I bet I know that car from somewhere."

Here's a pic I took on the streets of San Francisco about a year ago.  The driver was wearing a vintage outfit.  Check out the license number.  Same car.

20170609_113901.jpg.93e20ac8ea08a25bac63fb3a35e52af5.jpg

• Like 4

The picture of grampa and gramma I posted above brought back some memories of a trip to the mountains my sweet Reet and I took some years ago. Gawd I use to love to drive that car. This was the trip I took it on the Tail of the Dragon and Rita got car sick. More fun to drive than the Triumph GT6+ or the Fiat 124, truly a giant in action compared to those two, neither of which I would probably even fit into today.

J12666.jpg

100_8049.jpg

100_8046.jpg

100_8053.jpg

100_8056.jpg

100_8057.jpg

Ain't she just the most beautiful thing you've ever seen? .... and I ain't talkin about no Buick neither....

100_8050.jpg

• Like 13

9 hours ago, Elpad said:

Excellent picture, like the color hues and composition just can’t figure out the absence of tire tracks and photographers shadow.. this could be Daytona Beach ? 

I think:

The car was backed into this position.  The tide is receding so the sand is hard packed ahead of the car.  You can see some of the tire imprint from the front tire and very faint evidence of the rear tire track just behind the front tire.

This isn't a Buick, but the beach scene brings back memories of a wild ride trying to get OFF the beach.

013.jpg.7121ddec291266521c2c582cba4c032d.jpg

This was taken on the beach at Chimney Bluffs State Park back when people worked Monday through Friday and public places were kind of quiet during the week. I used to have one long weekend a month and this was one. The beach was deserted.

It seemed innocent enough to drive off the grassy bluff and onto the beach. Well, it was. Getting off the beach was the hard part. The drop from the grass to the beach was 2.5 to, maybe, 3' and easy to do. But I couldn't find a good place to get back up. Up was harder, lots harder. So we did the Steve McQueen on his motorcycle. And drove fast along the rise until there was a dip and hopped diagonally off the beach.

That's my last beach picture, 40 years ago. Since then there were, and continue to be, opportunities for learning experiences. In fact, tracking says my new side trim for the '6o Buick door is out for delivery today!

Bernie

Edited by 60FlatTop (see edit history)
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1