Dave Gelinas (XP-300)

I JUST LOVE THE PICTURE OF THIS BUICK...........

1 hour ago, MrEarl said:

What's with the toy truck?

image.jpeg 

My grandfather installed seat belts in my Buick back in the day - they're original Boeing seat belts and when you pull the flap up, it has the old 50s or 60s B on it. When I have people in the car, such as giving people rides home after work or even getting a bite with a bud during lunch break at school, I'm often asked why I don't wear it. The truth is, you're going to die no matter what happens in any type of collision in one of these old cars unless it's from the passenger side or rear. In any case, lap belts won't help you from hitting the steering wheel or side window. Just an unfortunate realization compared to modern safety requirements: airbags, over the shoulder restraints, crumple zones. Drive carefully! We probably have more to worry about other idiots on the road than ourselves anyways.

Find the Buick! I think its a Buick

buick.jpg

Let's see how many Derelict Buicks After A Georgia Snow will load. Wow ALL of themIMG_2681.JPGIMG_2690.JPGIMG_2664.JPGIMG_2669.JPGIMG_2675.JPGIMG_2673.JPGIMG_2677.JPGIMG_2676.JPGIMG_2689.JPGIMG_2687.JPG

• Like 6

Wow posting pictures is fun again, les try a couple more.

On Buick Pond

IMG_2628.JPG

IMG_2653.JPG

IMG_2651.JPG

IMG_2650.JPG

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, First Born said:

Okay!  What was the fix?  

You received more snow than me.

Ben

Apparently snow....

• Like 1

That's what we call a dusting. Interesting that now I know what shut down head office in John's Creek, GA (I forget if they shut down early or closed altogether on Friday). Not that people up here are necessarily better about winter driving, but we do have to get used to it. 

Some nice artistic shots MrEarl. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, MrEarl said:

What's with the toy truck?

image.jpeg 

It's probably a toe truck...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MrEarl said:

Let's see how many Derelict Buicks After A Georgia Snow will load. Wow ALL of them

Nice, but shouldn't those be in "Winter Buicks" MrEarl?

Wow!  I agree, really bad and at a bad time of the year (not that there's a good time for a dam break).  I couldn't resist noting the irony of this self-captioned photo, however...

Baldwin-Hills-Dam-disaster-12.jpg

19 hours ago, MrEarl said:

Wow posting pictures is fun again, les try a couple more.

On Buick Pond

IMG_2628.JPG

IMG_2653.JPG

IMG_2651.JPG

IMG_2650.JPG

Where are the goats?

18 hours ago, Thriller said:

That's what we call a dusting. Interesting that now I know what shut down head office in John's Creek, GA (I forget if they shut down early or closed altogether on Friday). Not that people up here are necessarily better about winter driving, but we do have to get used to it. 

Some nice artistic shots MrEarl. 

They call it snowed in here. Thanks for the appreciation of my awesome artistic photography skills Thriller ?

49 minutes ago, Elpad said:

Where are the goats?

No Pontiacs here, jus Buicks. 

14 hours ago, Rivman said:

Nice, but shouldn't those be in "Winter Buicks" MrEarl?

Hmmmm you got a point, I'll see if i can get a moderator to move them. ?

• Like 3

Caption says " looks like a Pontiac engine behind a Buick going down the line."

15894808_1122744757824698_90361680853580

• Like 1

Well it's not a Buick engine - the distributor is in the back of the block instead of in the front cover.  Probably an assembly plant where Buicks and Pontiacs shared a line. Here in my area the Fairfax assembly plant in Kansas City, Kansas runs the Buick LaCrosse and the Chevrolet Malibu down the same line at the same time..  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RivNut said:

Well it's not a Buick engine - the distributor is in the back of the block instead of in the front cover.  Probably an assembly plant where Buicks and Pontiacs shared a line. Here in my area the Fairfax assembly plant in Kansas City, Kansas runs the Buick LaCrosse and the Chevrolet Malibu down the same line at the same time..  

bet that can get to be hell on Mondays...

5 hours ago, RivNut said:

There's an Oldsmobile in front of the Buick besides.

On 1/8/2017 at 1:25 AM, Beemon said:

I'm often asked why I don't wear it. The truth is, you're going to die no matter what happens in any type of collision in one of these old cars unless it's from the passenger side or rear. In any case, lap belts won't help you from hitting the steering wheel or side window.

True, but the seat belt will keep you from being ejected in a rollover.  You can probably come up with an equation to explain why ejected occupants are rolled on by the car they are ejected from.:o

• Like 1

2 hours ago, old-tank said:

True, but the seat belt will keep you from being ejected in a rollover.  You can probably come up with an equation to explain why ejected occupants are rolled on by the car they are ejected from.:o

Well I'd hope I wouldn't get into a roll over, or any collision for that matter. I don't race the car, but I guess you can never be too sure with Honda hot rods.

• Like 1