What a duesy!!!!

trimacar

Somehow, this fellow must believe the plans he had were somehow connected to Duesenberg, thus the history, which, I agree, has nothing to do with this contraption.......

I did get a smile out of "wish I hadn't looked.................." !!!!

Guest billybird

I read all the posts BEFORE I looked at the link and I thought,"man, this must be bad; you guys are tearing into this like a pack of wolves". Yes it's bad. It caused a angry sensation in my lower rear extremety.

Now guys, be kind. I have the first edition of the "Standard Catalog of American Cars 1805-1942" by Beverly Rae Kimes and Henry Austin Clark, Jr. and published by Krause Publications. It contains about 1850 American marques, many with photo's and history. Not all of which were beautiful to this reader. I felt in good company when I read that many turned out to be one of a kind prototypes that apparently nobidy else liked enough to buy either.

However the biggest segment of our hobby is made up of people who have ruined many an acceptable design with their own "customization". The subject cars in this thread will be forgotten and the pain will subside quicker if the reader of this thread will visit the AACA Gallery.

I didn't post this to hurt anyone's feelings, I'm sure the guy who built it put his heart and soul and lots of work into it......

The car obviously suffers from styling issues. At some point, it's hard to believe he didn't realize this. It's also hard to believe he didn't have a friend with enough guts to say "Hey, Joe, if you build it like the blueprints, it'll look like a car that drove through an Ugly Forest and hit every tree...."

We've all seen some nice speedsters and tributes to early cars and styling. Unfortunately this isn't one of them.....

Enough to make the eyes bleed however as the saying goes "beauty is in the eye of the beholder"

and I would love to see a copy of the blueprints showing the 15"? wheels

Two things that come to mind however are

(1) If that made Top 10 on a few occasions there must have been only 5 other cars in the shows

(2) I'm glad I never saw a photo of the Custom Made Trailer to carry it.

David

John, you may be right!

Placing the radiator that far out in front of the thing (geesh, I hate to even call it an automobile) doesn't make good sense. Not to mention violating Styling Rule #34, "don't make it ugly"..................

Guest ChrisSummers

I'm going to pretend I didn't just physically recoil back into my chair and scream, and politely mention that my beloved ACD Club welcomes 2nd Generation and replica automobiles of all makes and description, so, I suppose, this actually could show up at one of our meets in the future. The man or woman who brings it will be greeted warmly by me with an adult beverage, if only in appreciation of bravery the likes of which I will never know. See you in Auburn!

Edited by ChrisSummers (see edit history)