Show us your keychains, pins, patches, etc.

I certainly don't see a problem here. ;)  VERY NICE collection!

Attached is part of a Buick collection I was given a couple years ago now.

Cort > www.oldcarsstronghearts.com
pigValve.paceMaker.cowValve | 79 CC to ?? Mercury Grand Marquis!!
"Another dream that ended way too soon" __ Restless Heart __ 'The Bluest Eyes In Texas'

BuickCollection09092013_songVideosKeyChains.jpg

• Like 5

Guest nailheadnostalgia

Would you consider parting with one of your duplicate B10 key blank key chains? Even one opened out of the package and slightly tarnished would be good for my 1955 Buick. I could buy or trade. I have a new gold plated key blank for 1968 and up Buick key blank code R.

vintage buick key blank code r gold plated.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I see Brian has a key chain similar the my first one.  That is also an original DAV "return your lost keys" tab from my first keys...to a 62 Rambler! The second key tag is said to have been an employees tag.  I don't see that one here.  Enjoy.  (though they're certainly not as pretty as what Frank posted!)key rings3.1.jpg

• Like 3

So much treasure on this page already! Can't ever have enough, but lately I've been spending my couch cushion money on other priorities.

My paltry tobacciana stuff is on the other thread...

TG

Keys Etc 1X.jpg

See the difference? You can find those reflectorized "flashing" '55 BUICK key chains most anywhere.

Keys Etc 2X.jpg

Edited by TG57Roadmaster (see edit history)
  • Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

I was at the salvage yard yesterday to get some parts for the wife's car, and I liberated some potential keychains from their cadavers while I was at it.  A hood ornament is a bit heavy & bulky for a keychain, but I thought I'd give it a shot.  

After a couple attempts to tie it off, it was obvious that I was going to have to modify it, so I took it to the grinder and removed the flange from the pin.  Now Ruby has a custom keyring too...

IMG_3208.JPG

IMG_3212.JPG

keys.JPG

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Didn't remember having some of this and it is not organized like some of the above.

Some of the treasures, the script Reatta is a machined brass prototype.

On the lower left is a Twentieth Anniversary Riviera XX dash plaque and an Indy pit pass for the same year.

DSCN0214.JPG

• Like 3

• 4 months later...

While looking around the forum I ran across this thread and thought I would add a couple items ...

I do have several models and things, but NOT nearly as well organized as those posted above, and, not near the quantity of trinkets that Ship has!

I'm kind of surprised there hasn't been a Silver Arrow key fob added, and I thought of another interesting item I got several years ago. I'm not sure when or where I got it but it looks like it might be a hat pin that might have been a Buick security guards hat pin?

The other interesting things are a Team Riviera pin, from the introduction of the '95 Riviera, I have several of these, and a Buick tie pin that looks to be some sort of replica of a forged Buick emblem, second from the right in the last picture.

IMG_3099.JPG

IMG_3108.JPG

IMG_3110.JPG

Just thought I would add to the interesting memorabilia already posted.

• Like 4

• 6 months later...

Hi guys , amazing collections , Buick bits hard to find over here , but managed to find fob that matches Ruby ( but probably a miniature skylark, can only dream!) have had a couple Teashirts done for cruising and meets , another one has Buick service logo.

make smart wear.

cheers

pilgrim

IMG_0535.JPG

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Pilgrim65 said:

Really like those Buick watches , shall look out for one when I come to states 

Mine is a Centennial watch from 2003.  My buddy found it on Ebay for me because they're not still produced, obviously.  I think you can find them fairly easily :)

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

I found this old Buick watch-fob in an antique shop while vacationing in Door County, Wisconsin about 25 years ago.  I sent it and the Delco tag off the starter/generator unit on my 1916 Buick to a lady down in Southern California for restoration.  The Delco tag is brass and was created using the acid etching process.  Pretty much all she did with it was light polishing and paint the relief.  The fob was/is another story.  The material is non-magnetic, which made me think brass when I got it.  She told me that she did not think that it was brass, but rather some type of nickel.  The photo shows what looks like pitting but it is not.  I was told that if she polished harder to get rid of all the surface imperfections then some of the detail might be lost.  We decided to leave it like you see it here.  The long side of the rectangle measures 1.400".  I had never seen a Buick watch-fob quite this small before.  On the back side is a makers mark that reads 'SCHWAB'.  This company is still in business today and all attempts to contact them have been unsuccessful.  I am purely guessing that this fob is from the late teens to the early twenties era. Would really like to hear from anyone who could tell me anything about it.

Terry Wiegand

South Hutchinson, Kansas  

P1010132.JPG

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure what to make of this stamp.  It's steel and definitely used as a stamp from the wear.  What I don't understand is the  cutting marks from a tool to cut steel.  Usually set stamps are smooth on the side.  Perhaps cut from a surround steel portion of an entire stamp?  

3dnSqNy.jpg

edwUyUv.jpg

On January 16, 2018 at 3:20 PM, avgwarhawk said:

Not sure what to make of this stamp.  It's steel and definitely used as a stamp from the wear.  What I don't understand is the  cutting marks from a tool to cut steel.  Usually set stamps are smooth on the side.  Perhaps cut from a surround steel portion of an entire stamp?  

3dnSqNy.jpg

edwUyUv.jpg

Well I'll be dang . I'm posting to ask why aren't your pictures showing up and here they appear. I like that stamp!  Some of my stamps have rough and irregular sides also. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I thought you guys would like to see some earlier items...

The arrowhead watch fob is from the 1910-12 timeframe, and at the other end is a Salesmaster paperweight that I believe is either just prewar or late 40’s and a Pilsner Glass from the 50’s.

7CD523F2-BCFC-443F-A870-DD61B21F3630.jpeg

• Like 4

• 7 months later...
  • 4 months later...