bhclark

Show us your keychains, pins, patches, etc.

I found this old Buick watch-fob in an antique shop while vacationing in Door County, Wisconsin about 25 years ago.  I sent it and the Delco tag off the starter/generator unit on my 1916 Buick to a lady down in Southern California for restoration.  The Delco tag is brass and was created using the acid etching process.  Pretty much all she did with it was light polishing and paint the relief.  The fob was/is another story.  The material is non-magnetic, which made me think brass when I got it.  She told me that she did not think that it was brass, but rather some type of nickel.  The photo shows what looks like pitting but it is not.  I was told that if she polished harder to get rid of all the surface imperfections then some of the detail might be lost.  We decided to leave it like you see it here.  The long side of the rectangle measures 1.400".  I had never seen a Buick watch-fob quite this small before.  On the back side is a makers mark that reads 'SCHWAB'.  This company is still in business today and all attempts to contact them have been unsuccessful.  I am purely guessing that this fob is from the late teens to the early twenties era. Would really like to hear from anyone who could tell me anything about it.

Terry Wiegand

South Hutchinson, Kansas  

P1010132.JPG

• Like 1

Not sure what to make of this stamp.  It's steel and definitely used as a stamp from the wear.  What I don't understand is the  cutting marks from a tool to cut steel.  Usually set stamps are smooth on the side.  Perhaps cut from a surround steel portion of an entire stamp?  

3dnSqNy.jpg

edwUyUv.jpg

On January 16, 2018 at 3:20 PM, avgwarhawk said:

Not sure what to make of this stamp.  It's steel and definitely used as a stamp from the wear.  What I don't understand is the  cutting marks from a tool to cut steel.  Usually set stamps are smooth on the side.  Perhaps cut from a surround steel portion of an entire stamp?  

3dnSqNy.jpg

edwUyUv.jpg

Well I'll be dang . I'm posting to ask why aren't your pictures showing up and here they appear. I like that stamp!  Some of my stamps have rough and irregular sides also. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MrEarl said:

Well I'll be dang . I'm posting to ask why aren't your pictures showing up and here they appear. I like that stamp!  Some of my stamps have rough and irregular sides also. 

Glad to know.  I always see the stamps smooth on the sides. 

3 hours ago, Larry Schramm said:

My business card holder that our offspring got me a couple Christmas's ago.

Very Nice!

I thought you guys would like to see some earlier items...

The arrowhead watch fob is from the 1910-12 timeframe, and at the other end is a Salesmaster paperweight that I believe is either just prewar or late 40’s and a Pilsner Glass from the 50’s.

7CD523F2-BCFC-443F-A870-DD61B21F3630.jpeg

• Like 4

A magazine ad, a can of Vista paste wax and a model of my Special convertible.

IMG_0936.thumb.JPG.898ee36e0761a515839b71b4ba9ad968.JPG

Edited by dei (see edit history)

On ‎6‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 12:31 AM, Black River said:

Nothing super rare, but my Riv key fob and Buick watch my buddy got me for Christmas (I'm a massive watch freak).

IMG_20170620_222818_881.jpg

I have the same Riviera key fob for my 68 Riv keys.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, NC68Riviera said:

I just bought this 35 year anniversary (?) Buick tie clasp.

Supposedly two diamonds and one emerald. 10k gold fill metal work.

Buick-tie-clasp1.thumb.jpg.3a5031104183410244ae9251d747ed91.jpg

The tie clip might have been an employee service award for years service.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Dship, Thanks for posting that great collection and thanks for the glass cups I have. Below is my small collection. All of it has been given to me by other people.

reatta collectables.JPG

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

My Marquette collection.  Peter Amabile, Floral City Florida

Anybody have any Marquette items please contact me. Always looking

Email  thecalhoon1975@gmail.com

Marquette  Items.jpg

• Like 2

I haven`t found one I like for my `36 Buick yet. I know, it`s not Buick, but here`s what I have for my `35 Pontiac project.

DSCN5437.JPG

• Like 1