New Year's Resolutions

Steve_Mack_CT

Happy 2023 all.  What are your hobby related New Year's Resolutons for the coming year?

Planning to go through my spares and clean up, organize a bit.

No big projects planned on the cars, want to put miles on all 3 though.  We need to solve for Mrs. Mack's height issue, at 5' 2" driving "her" Packard was a challenge for her last season.  

Anyone have any intetesting goals lined up for the New Year?

The closest thing to a resolution for me is to purchase something besides a project. 😃

Hopes for 2023 include health, happiness and contentment.

may we all be able to attend shows, tours and swap meets and make new friends and re-connect with old. 🍻

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Expand garage from 2 to 3 bays. Wife not happy that her car sits outside in the elements while my 2 collectors cars are comfortably inside nice and dry. Happy wife, happy life! 😀

Happy New Year to all!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, CChinn said:

Expand garage from 2 to 3 bays. Wife not happy that her car sits outside in the elements while my 2 collectors cars are comfortably inside nice and dry. Happy wife, happy life! 😀

Happy New Year to all!

Add four feet to the floor to ceiling, and you have room for a lift/storage rack. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, 1937hd45 said:

Add four feet to the floor to ceiling, and you have room for a lift/storage rack. 

Thanks for the suggestion. I like to regularly drive both cars and get them in and out of the garage quickly. A lift/storage rack would take extra time, plus I have the space on our property to expand the garage. However, if I do as you suggest, I would have the space to buy more cars……….

Edited by CChinn (see edit history)
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

I've got nothing. I kept setting goals for myself in other hobbies and then finishing them up within a week. All the easy projects got done so now it's just plugging away on the huge projects that just take time and effort to complete. I'll get there eventually. 

• Like 2

Get someone to get my 3 pre war cars back on the road ,all went dormant when I had heart surgery the end of 2017.  Get one sold, and attend more club activities for 2023. Restore more of the things I have ( steel toys, car accessories , ) rather then buy more - gonna be hard to do that .  Get a 2 to 4 year old terrier to have about the house to have him or her look at me and think "why is he doing that" when I am working on anything. Canine wagging tails are an important factor for being happy. Try to share and make people appreciate history of all kinds, make them more aware of what happened or is around them .

Try not to irritate to many people with my somewhat frank but honest stance on a lot of car related subjects, especially assorted car clubs .

Most of all I will add - be even more thankful I am still here , have good caring friendships, and that on occasion I can make people happy and smile to have a good day when they are not .

Yes, this all reads way to sentimental but that is who I am.

• Like 9

Don't know that I will consider it a resolution, but I plan to have my '52 back on the road in one color, a driver quality Forrester Green, by summer. Otherwise, hobby related- get my shop cleaned out and the new power pole set.

• Like 3

I found it is better to roll with the flow. One never knows what the next adventure will be. I have another big chunk of vintage iron in my sight to rescue. Maybe two if my body will co-operate with my head. 🤓 My head says get up and go. There's a lot of things to do. My body says sit down, your nearly worn out. 😬.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Mine isn't a resolution but more of a personal goal that happens to be perfect timing for the New Year.

My son told me last week he's ready to sell his house and move closer in order to spend time with his ole man and enjoy the hobby more and is ready to get serious about it after wasting his time on foreign cars as he calls it. The problem now is he lives so far away that it interferes with the amount of time we can spend working on projects together. My goal this year is to do everything in my power to help him with the relocating process however I can and make that a reality for both of us, whatever it takes!

Edited by 30DodgePanel (see edit history)
  • Like 2

On 12/31/2022 at 10:10 PM, keiser31 said:

Empty the tank of bad gas on my black and blue 1931 Dodge Brothers coupe, re-insure it and drive the wheels off of it. Get to work on my red '31 DB coupe.

post-37352-1431428516.jpg

Picture 28451.jpg

I know this is off topic, but my god those are huge beautiful red plum trees. Must be something in the soil...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 30DodgePanel said:

I know this is off topic, but my god those are huge beautiful red plum trees. Must be something in the soil...

Our valley used to be chock full of orchards.

Get my 1914 Studebaker back on the road again. I had a spindle snap and I have been on the hunt for a replacement ever since. I have just located a decent candidate for replacement, plus I need to fix the damage to the car that happened when the wheel exited unexpectedly. The featured marque at the Celebration of Brass III (July 2023) at the Gilmore Museum this year is EMF (and the family of cars including Studebaker) so I have a solid goal to achieve.

PXL_20220625_024106066.jpg

• Like 1

10 hours ago, rustyjazz1938 said:

Get my 1914 Studebaker back on the road again. I had a spindle snap and I have been on the hunt for a replacement ever since. I have just located a decent candidate for replacement, plus I need to fix the damage to the car that happened when the wheel exited unexpectedly. The featured marque at the Celebration of Brass III (July 2023) at the Gilmore Museum this year is EMF (and the family of cars including Studebaker) so I have a solid goal to achieve.

PXL_20220625_024106066.jpg

Ouch. I hate it when that happens. Glad no one was seriously injured.  

• Like 1

My new years resolution is to bring my 1949 Buick Roadmaster Riviera back on the road after the big flood in my area in July 2021. After that I took care of the '49 engine, transmission, brakes, gauges, first and then turned to the 1952 Riviera to do the same. Now, 1 1/2 years later, the 52 is ready and I can focus again on the 49 Roady. Picture of today.... 

IMG_20230104_211802.jpg

• Like 1