Ideal Parade Car, It's a EV

DFeeney

This project was the first time in my life I might have been ahead of the curve.  I think   It's the "Ideal Parade Car"  .  Looks Old, RH steering, dual rear  chain drive, no clutch, won't overheat, makes no noise  and just creeps along. My grand daughter drove me  in our local small town 4th of July parade this year.  It was built from a collection of left over auto parts and a golf cart.   It  reminds me of the old saying "A Mind is a terrible thing to waste".

IMG_1523.JPG

IMG_1522.JPG

Vanderbuilt 4th.jpg

• Like 16

When I saw the thread title I said "uh-oh" here we go! Then I looked and think it's pretty neat. I'd miss the smell and sound of a ICE but that's just me. Run it on propane if you want clean.

I think I would've titled the thread "Great way to recycle a golf cart".

• Like 2

4 hours ago, DFeeney said:

At 77 I don't like to walk very far anymore,  I have had the car about 3 miles each way for a total of 6.  It seemed  to have a lot of battery left.  On flat ground it goes about 20 MPH.   Life is Good.  Think Hershey

I live in a 55+ community where golf carts are a primary mode of transportation.  I'd love to pull up to the clubhouse in that car - it's way cool!

On 9/7/2022 at 2:35 PM, DFeeney said:

This project was the first time in my life I might have been ahead of the curve.  I think   It's the "Ideal Parade Car"  .  Looks Old, RH steering, dual rear  chain drive, no clutch, won't overheat, makes no noise  and just creeps along. My grand daughter drove me  in our local small town 4th of July parade this year.  It was built from a collection of left over auto parts and a golf cart.   It  reminds me of the old saying "A Mind is a terrible thing to waste".

IMG_1523.JPG

What a great photo and angle. Wonder what it would look like without the numbers and the modern jeep or bronco in the back ground IF it was in black and white. 

Very cool use of resources for family fun activity. 

Edited by 30DodgePanel (see edit history)

16 hours ago, DFeeney said:

At 77 I don't like to walk very far anymore,  I have had the car about 3 miles each way for a total of 6.  It seemed  to have a lot of battery left.  On flat ground it goes about 20 MPH.   Life is Good.  Think Hershey

I'd like to know how many miles those batteries would go, if maybe you upped the speed to 45mph? Really cool!!!

4 hours ago, 30DodgePanel said:

What a great photo and angle. Wonder what it would look like without the numbers and the modern jeep or bronco in the back ground IF it was in black and white. 

Very cool use of resources for family fun activity. 

Here you go! Hopefully my mediocre photoshop skills turned out OK.

IMG_1523.JPG.bb2b150554e5d15db8330ef0982b575c_sepia.JPG

IMG_1523.JPG.bb2b150554e5d15db8330ef0982b575c_shopped.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, rocketraider said:

😬 I don't think I'd want to go 45 in it! Or in anything with wood-spoked wheels!

I rode around Watkins Glenn in our wooden wheeled 1929 Essex some years ago on a tour, top speed about 40 MPH. Of course the last sharp turn with the tree in the corner had me wonderign though. :-)

• Haha 2

54 minutes ago, R W Burgess said:

top speed about 40 MPH. 

Never thought I would hear you admitting to that.  Heck, Wayne.  For a guy that could broadside a fully loaded Peterbilt tanker through a toll booth you must have been bored...😁