1933 *** Packard PACKARD EIGHT *** not mine

https://spokane.craigslist.org/ctd/d/college-place-1933-packard-other/7436466745.html       Call (or text) ☏ (509) 301−1498     

$44,995      College Place, WA 99324

This 1933 Packard straight eight barn find is all there as photos show. It has carburetor issues that need to be addressed as of this writing. I would describe this as a great 50' car. It looks great 50 feet away. For the right collector that would like to make this your own with various issues to make it the perfect car and with a potential increase in value, this is the car for you. With over 100 photos that shows everything. Any questions you might have you are invited to text or call Don at (509) 301-1498.

NOTE:

Improvements done recently is a completely new interior and new tires just installed in the past week. You will note photo's taken previously with the original black wall tires. Most people would agree that was a good choice by the owner to install the new white wall tires.    $44,995

00a0a_cEjFrDVGIpXz_0cU09G_1200x900.jpg

01111_9v3YNAvcwalz_0cU09G_1200x900.jpg

00404_6yIrSYiJ5utz_0cU09G_1200x900.jpg

• Like 5

Why spend all that money on a new interior and not use the correct material or patterns? The real question is, why do the interior before all of the other things that need to be done first? I would have left the tattered interior the way it was. 

All those photos tell more of the story. Missing many OEM parts - running board trim, crankhole cover, carb, oil filter, rear interior footrest, ash trays, fold down armrest, assist straps. The interior is OK but I would like to know what is underneath - rust or wood deterioration? The undercarriage looks downright scary. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, auburnseeker said:

Photos like this scare me.  What is the pile of rust dust? on the running board?

Also who drives nails through the face of the door panel to put them on? 

Randy,  if you are actually going to study the pictures you will never buy anything!

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

14 hours ago, auburnseeker said:

Maybe it's not rust dust.  Maybe it's just some sawdust from termites?

That's a sign of powder post beetles, much worse than termites.  You'd have to bag the car.  Or as a friend of mine did, find a real estate agent who is having a house bagged, and slip him $100 to put the car in the attached garage during the bagging.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Probably what should be what everyone is looking for in a 30's car - very respectable condition albeit ameature upholstery work and such is a turn off (you can loop it around the block while doing countless small projects). 

And very rarely find a car with wood eating "bugs" albeit in certain climates it is a possibility (perhaps more a case of minor wood rot or just rust settling from opening and closing doors. 

• 1 month later...
On 4/15/2022 at 8:45 PM, trimacar said:

That interior is sad, appreciate that an upholstery guy tried, but they had no clue how to trim an early car.  Sad that all that material and labor wasted.  Very handsome car though with issues…

Issues? Issues? .......yup, like a parinoid schizophrenic with Tourette's Syndrome, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, Trichophagia, Multiple Personality Disorder(Thinks it's a Packard), herpes, syphilis, and gonorrhea..........otherwise not a bad car. Do powder post beetles count as bed bugs?😏

• Haha 2