NEW FORUM BADGES!

On 6/9/2021 at 5:22 PM, Steve Moskowitz said:

I'm so tempted but leaving this alone.  In a good place today with the visit from 120 plus folks on the Pierce-Arrow Society tour.  Great to see all those great cars in our parking lot.  Now to see what the heck badge peter or the software gave me....leave it alone guys! :) 

I’d say that’s quite a great time with all those Pierce folks! Maybe I can bribe a couple society members into taking me on the tour next year? Lol

38 minutes ago, BobinVirginia said:

I'd say that’s quite a great time with all those Pierce folks! Maybe I can bribe a couple society members into taking me on the tour next year? Lol

June 20-24 in Buellton, California.  Put it on your calendar Bob!  Fly into Oakland (OAK) and drive one of my cars down there, on tours, and back.

• Thanks 1
21 hours ago, Elpad said:

For some reason this reminds me of Candy Crush!

How you going to get anything done on your antique automobile playing that all day??? 🤪 Computer games seem like a waste of valuable time. 😬 OK. Now I said it. 🤪 Better to hang around here. You may actually learn something useful. 😁.  

Edited by Dandy Dave (see edit history)
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
8 hours ago, wayne sheldon said:

Are they going to visit Solvang?

I wonder if there are a most 'thread drift' or 'wordiest' badges? I should be a contender for those!

I'll take the Thread Drift Badge for $2,000, Alex....

@wayne sheldon, yes, negotiations are occurring for having the final-day show in Solvang.  The City doesn't want to talk seriously until after a couple of weeks after the state-wide restrictions are supposed to be lifted the 15th of this month.  I'm sure you'll be able to visit and ride in your Series 80 of happy memory.

• Like 1

Badges. Like little trophies.

Years ago I helped a town just north of me organize their first Wheel Festival. I suggested and they approved a car show with no trophies. Later, under different direction that was changed. I do remember a call that first year. A Corvette owner was quite adamant that trophies be available at least for the Corvette class. He informed me that he always won a trophy with his car and it was expected. Getting my timing just right, I gave a deliberating pause, then told him "I think I can arrange a trophy for you. Would it be OK if it has a guy with a bowling ball on top?" He came and had a good time anyway.

That was back in the days before the schools initiated the "No child goes untrophied" policy. I wonder when the update programmer went to school.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Just patiently waiting for my “Dunce” badge and if or when awarded with one, hopefully it comes with a cool driving hat (or helmet ?).

On 6/10/2021 at 8:53 PM, Grimy said:

June 20-24 in Buellton, California.  Put it on your calendar Bob!  Fly into Oakland (OAK) and drive one of my cars down there, on tours, and back.

We’ll be in the area later next week for few days of some r’n’r, cruising from one wine tasting to another (see movie “Sideways”), visiting friends, great dining, etc. 
I’’ll try to  report on experiences in my thread “Long distance driving/travel… “.

Tomorrows itinerary is scheduled to start around 4:30 am with a drive to Palm Springs area via Idyllwild, etc. and returning in couple of days.

I can almost feel the Roadsters excitement while she’s waiting to stretch her legs up in the mountains again.

Edited by TTR (see edit history)
  • Like 1
On 6/10/2021 at 11:53 PM, Grimy said:

I need a job with more flexibility! I really want to just put everything down and take you up on this

• Thanks 1

I looked this morning and I have a "collaborator" badge besides two others. Sounds dangerous. LOL. 🤣😅😬. No place for my Rusty Rascal title. ☹️. Should we Collaborate and over throw the Gooberment??? 🤪 Dandy Dave!

I now have three badges and ten thousand points. I am looking to cash out, rather than continue. The thought of risking these badges and points, in the hope of getting more. Is a risk that I do not want to take. Knowing my ability to say smart a#s things. The risk is to great, that I will lose what I have already earned. I am guessing that these points work like Chucky Cheese game tickets. And I can cash them in at the AACA fun store? Please send me a link showing how many points buys key chains, hats, foam cup coolers, car wax, stickers, Carmel corn, tire pressure gauge, tote bag, armor all wipes and other automotive related items. Would also like to know if points can be used towards airline miles? I am very excited to see what I can get for my points. And I would be interested in setting up a side hustle, where I can purchase other members points. In trade for used 46-47 Hudson parts.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
13 minutes ago, Xander Wildeisen said:

I now have three badges and ten thousand points. I am looking to cash out, rather than continue. The thought of risking these badges and points, in the hope of getting more. Is a risk that I do not want to take. Knowing my ability to say smart a#s things. The risk is to great, that I will lose what I have already earned. I am guessing that these points work like Chucky Cheese game tickets. And I can cash them in at the AACA fun store? Please send me a link showing how many points buys key chains, hats, foam cup coolers, car wax, stickers, Carmel corn, tire pressure gauge, tote bag, armor all wipes and other automotive related items. Would also like to know if points can be used towards airline miles? I am very excited to see what I can get for my points. And I would be interested in setting up a side hustle, where I can purchase other members points. In trade for used 46-47 Hudson parts.

it's I new form of online currency. Like crypo-currency.  It's called DodgeCoin.  Google it. :)

• Haha 4

I’m not too sure about my badge.......but the most interesting thing is the number of profile views I have had.......16 thousand........that must mean I’m irritating people? No wonder Peter and Steve get complaints about me. Here’s to the next 25 years of posting.........👍

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
3 minutes ago, edinmass said:

I’m not too sure about my badge.......but the most interesting thing is the number of profile views I have had.......16 thousand........that must mean I’m irritating people? No wonder Peter and Steve get complaints about me. Here’s to the next 25 years of posting.........👍

It looks like the Burger King crown.😆

Just now, Xander Wildeisen said:

It looks like the Burger King crown.😆

And my waist looks like I eat there every day.......cue up the music!

• Haha 1

Ok, I KNOW I’m a pain in the axx, but I just have to ask. Since I’m a 1 percenter and hold the lead in positive feedback........I formally request my own, special and unique badge. I would like mine to be a Bozo emoji..............something that’s a “perfect fit.” Cue the Loony Tunes theme song every time someone opens one of my posts..........🤪

57BDEEB2-A97E-43E4-8F41-687F9B36C56A.png

Edited by edinmass (see edit history)
  • Haha 3
1 hour ago, Xander Wildeisen said:

I now have three badges and ten thousand points. I am looking to cash out, rather than continue. The thought of risking these badges and points, in the hope of getting more. Is a risk that I do not want to take.

I used my points at this gas station in a little rural community called The Devil's Triangle near Brush Mountain State Penitentiary. No card reader on their pumps so I had to go inside to pay.  They said they didn't accept credit cards (because escaped prisoners rarely have credit cards) but they did accept AACA forum points. Lucky for me because I didn't have any cash. Just goes to show that being a member of this forum does have it's benefits. :)

devils_triangle (8).JPG

• Haha 2
4 hours ago, Restorer32 said:

Why can't we just leave well enough alone sometimes?  Change just for the sake of change?

I get the same comment every time I make any changes.

You assume new features are "change for the sake of change".    

• Was mobile friendly change for the sake of change? 
  • Are new forums change for the sake of change?  
  • How about support for new browsers?
  • Photo Gallery?
  • Calendar?
  • How about Emoticons?
  • Signatures?
  • Etc.

If we use that logic then forum isn't needed because it's "change for the sake of change"?   Hemmings Motor News was good enough! 

Hyperbolic, but I'm making a point.

Change is good.

• Like 4
50 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

I used my points at this gas station in a little rural community called The Devil's Triangle near Brush Mountain State Penitentiary. No card reader on their pumps so I had to go inside to pay.  They said they didn't accept credit cards (because escaped prisoners rarely have credit cards) but they did accept AACA forum points. Lucky for me because I didn't have any cash. Just goes to show that being a member of this forum does have it's benefits. :)

devils_triangle (8).JPG

Are forum points excepted everywhere the Discover card is excepted? I might want to hang on to these points.

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Ronnie said:

I think your guess is more accurate. I'm on that list and I've only made a little over 10,000 posts.

Ronnie, youre absolutely right.  I was thinking it was referring to "posts" and it says "points".   Time to crack open the documentation again! 

Sorry for the confusion folks!

• Like 3
2 hours ago, SC38DLS said:

Being known as BOZO may not be very good for your reputation in the old car industry. You may want to rethink that avatar. 

What reputation? 🤔

• Haha 2