1934 Dodge DR Convertible Coupe - The Phantom

The Phantom

1934 Dodge Dr 6 Wheel Convertible Coupe - The Phantom

This car has been cared for by four generations and, as a result, runs like a champ.

With only little more than 1,200 ever being produced by Dodge, it is truly one of the rarest early models of Dodge extant. The Phantom is powered by a 218 cu in. 3.6 liter Straight Six producing around 160 ft lbs 87 hp. One of the more interesting features of this model is that all the window frame hardware can be cranked down into the body and the windshield folded forward, leaving a completely flush, uninterrupted steel torpedo of a body. There is a full rumble seat in the rear. 

D2.jpg

D7.jpg

DSCN0675.JPG

20170708_083358.jpg

20170826_105018.jpg

20170707_135535.jpg

20201219_1331FEDFE33.jpg

20201219_135250.jpg

IMG_3391.jpg

20200731_115517.jpg

IMG_3373.jpg

20171019_131610.jpg

D4.jpg

34 D 1.jpg

Edited by The Phantom (see edit history)
  • Like 18

• The Phantom changed the title to 1934 Dodge DR Convertible Coupe - The Phantom
46 minutes ago, Matt Harwood said:

More proof that nobody made a bad looking car in 1934. Gorgeous!

I was just going to comment that the lines are very similar to my 34 Pontiac Cabriolet with rumble seat. It was my first antique auto purchased from the co founder of Mannheim Steamroller,  Your car is beautiful and in much better shape than my original 34.  I was always going to restore it but Cadillacs got in the way

Edited by Robert G. Smits (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Here's a pic of my 34 Dodge conv. coupe. It's a Canadian car, model DT. I've owned it since 1979! The first pictures are when it was used in the movie Natty Gann in 1984. The last pictures show how it looks today... I  kept saying I'd restore it when I retired. That was 12 years ago. I think there's still time if I quit playing with the other cars in the shop.  I drove this car for about 15 years just the way it looks. Still one of my favorites. It started out life in maroon with black fenders and midnite blue leather upholstry.

Ken

Untitled-Scanned-12.jpg

Untitled-Scanned-13.jpg

P1070003 (Medium).JPG

P1170203 (Large).JPG

• Like 5

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

The cars remind me of the car in the Robert Mitchum/Jane Greer Film Noir Classic "Big Steal." If memory serves me the car was a Chrysler, but I couldn't find any pictures to verify. Filmed in Mexico the car was involved in some pretty thrilling chase scenes in some very primitive conditions. Sorry to highjack the thread but I thought some of you guys might like to see a similar car in action. 

9 hours ago, Buffalowed Bill said:

The cars remind me of the car in the Robert Mitchum/Jane Greer Film Noir Classic "Big Steal." If memory serves me the car was a Chrysler, but I couldn't find any pictures to verify. Filmed in Mexico the car was involved in some pretty thrilling chase scenes in some very primitive conditions. Sorry to highjack the thread but I thought some of you guys might like to see a similar car in action. 

Very similar car in 'Big Steal' but from the movie trailer (the only part I could locate), looks more like a 35 Buick convertible coupe, doors are not suicide like the 34 Mopars.  Both of the 34 Dodges in this thread are gorgeous.  Love the 34s, wouldn't trade my 34 PE convertible coupe for anything.  These Mopars are some of the best of 34, a year when almost every manufacturer made beautiful cars.

34 PE Conv July 2010 009.jpg

34 PE Conv July 2010 014.jpg

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Buffalowed Bill said:

1 hour ago, Scott Bonesteel said:

Very similar car in 'Big Steal' but from the movie trailer (the only part I could locate), looks more like a 35 Buick convertible coupe, doors are not suicide like the 34 Mopars.  Both of the 34 Dodges in this thread are gorgeous.  Love the 34s, wouldn't trade my 34 PE convertible coupe for anything.  These Mopars are some of the best of 34, a year when almost every manufacturer made beautiful cars.

FWIW from https://www.imcdb.org/vehicle_772821-Buick-Series-40-46-C-1934.html

1934 Buick Series 40 Convertible Coupe [46-C]

i772821.jpg

• Like 1