A few Allentown photos

Pete Phillips

22 hours ago, Pete Phillips said:

and I don't understand why there are less than 200 cars on the field (before it rained)

And absolutely no one by their cars or walking about. It was like a ghost town of cars. Very strange. I left about 1330 and didn't bother going today. I'm sure tomorrow will be different..............Bob

20 minutes ago, Bhigdog said:

And absolutely no one by their cars or walking about. It was like a ghost town of cars. Very strange. I left about 1330 and didn't bother going today. I'm sure tomorrow will be different..............Bob

More cars today, but still a lot to come. Very few people at their cars (just tooooo hot !!!)

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Bhigdog said:

Well, if we stick by our cars all the time, when do we get a chance to go on tour or see Mr. Bulgari's collection or the other cars? Everyone was seeking a/c at some point. My wife and daughter were volunteering, so in registration building a lot. The heat did take a lot out of many of us. 

That said, it would be nice to talk to people about their cars. I do like to spend time with my car as as well, but the heat took a lot out of this fat guy this week. 

Hanging out, cooling off, going through photos, and preparing for the final festivities this evening. 

Say Thriller, Was good talking with Luke and your Daughter in the flea market tent this afternoon. Dang that rain that shortened the show. did not get as many photos as I wanted to because of it. Dandy Dave!

• Like 1

Was the 1941 Buick Limited Brunn Bodied Brougham There?

How about the 1940 Buick Townmaster?

Did the 1954 Landau show up?

No.

No, and

No, although I did see the owner of the 1940 Townmaster at the banquet last night, but he didn't bring the car, unfortunately.

Pete

• Like 1

1931 and 1934 Victoria coupes for sale. 

I really liked inked the green 1936 coupe...appeared to be mostly original paint. 

Of of course there were many others. I got to briefly meet Matt and his wife with their 1941 Limited. 

The down side was that I was probably grouchier than usual due to physical discomfort due in part to higher heat and humidity than this oversized body is used to. 

Well here. My personal Favorite at the Allentown Show. This car is like being married to Jesica Rabbit. (Whistle..Whistle.). to a Rodger Rabbit like me..Boooo Boooo...LOL.. ;) That is a Brewster Bodied Buick. And it is just Smoking Hot in everyway.. Dandy Dave!  

IMG_1186.JPG

IMG_1187.JPG

Edited by Dandy Dave
Never did git no A Fer Spllin or Gramar.. (see edit history)
  • Like 6

I have photos on my phone of Suzanne and Joseph getting a ride in that one. We had a good chat or two with the owner, who was in black and red this week. Teresa and some of the others also got a lesson on how the chauffeur's top is put on as well. 

There were probably too many I liked to pick one favourite, but I did spend a lot of time with the 1923 wagon. Rather than a Buick truck, it was presumed to be bodied by the likes of Cantrell on a model 54 (if I remember the number correctly). 

I did did quickly assemble our camera photos and gave them to Pete on a USB stick so he has additional ones to choose from for the Bugle. 

• Like 1

On 7/29/2016 at 5:36 PM, Bhigdog said:

Simple answer where all the people are: TOURS!