2016 Buick Club of America 50th Anniversary Event

Guest Jeff 1952

Here's an up to the minute, hot off the press, Registration update:

Registrants                         694

Beautiful Buicks                  338

BCA Banquet                      451

BHA Banquet                      235

Jeff, you sound like my mom when I use to ask what I was getting for my birthday. Answer was always "It's a surprise". Good enough then, and given the 3 years planning and knowing some of the people involved with this Celebration, good enough now. I for one am looking forward to this event and will be there. Thanks Jeff for all your hard work in helping plan and coordinate this great event.

Lamar

We finally shall meet! Which car are you driving?

Guest Jeff 1952

A couple folks have called me about the ability to place a car inside and/or trailer a car onto the show field and push it off/back on the trailer.

At this point in time, we do not have inside parking for show cars.  All cars will be placed on the show field

We have also been ask NOT to have any trailers on the show field. Rather, we will unload at Coke Park and drive them across the street.

Well, I just re-upped my BCA membership. Since I live only 30 miles from the show and have a 55 66C and 57 46C How could I not be part of the action? My plan is to bring one or the other daily and BS as much as I can stand..........Bob

• Like 3

Guest Jeff 1952

Chapter Banners:     We do not have a good location or available wall space for the Chapter Banners. Please leave them at home for 2016.  Thank you.

Well, in my personal opinion, that is a sad turn of events.  This Meet is supposed to be a celebration of the 50 years of the BCA.  Not much is better than a thousand Buicks to show that.  But the 71 banners of the local chapters and the 9 banners of the Divisions sure places a close second!   As we are learning, the grass roots of the local organizations are of vital importance to the future of this club. Too bad there wasn't some way to display the pride of the Local folks. 

• Like 11

Chapter Banners:     We do not have a good location or available wall space for the Chapter Banners. Please leave them at home for 2016.  Thank you.

Well, in my personal opinion, that is a sad turn of events.  This Meet is supposed to be a celebration of the 50 years of the BCA.  Not much is better than a thousand Buicks to show that.  But the 71 banners of the local chapters and the 9 banners of the Divisions sure places a close second!   As we are learning, the grass roots of the local organizations are of vital importance to the future of this club. Too bad there wasn't some way to display the pride of the Local folks. 

THEN BUILD A WALL. Seriously though I agree JohnD. Hopefully someone takes another look at this.

• Like 7

First, kudos to everyone who is putting the Celebration together. It looks like it'll be a great event. I'm trying to plan my trip and unfortunately, will need to cram as much as possible into the few days I'll have there. I noticed that the description of Tour 3 in the brochure includes the Liberty Bell and Independence Hall, but on the form it lists Valley Forge Historic Park. Forgive me if I'm missing something obvious, which is it? Also, will the Simeone tour include anything that is not availible to someone touring the Museum on their own?

Thanks.

Edited by Buick64C (see edit history)

Buick64C,

I will try to answer your questions as best as I can.

First, it was published in the Bugle since January, or maybe even December, that there was a change in the travel arrangement.  The Democratic National Convention is taking place that same week, and it was felt that there is both a crowd risk, and some degree of security concerns and delays because of road and street closures, that we would simply lose too much time.  The tour of Valley Forge we believe will be done on the bus you are traveling.

The museum is south near the airport and both it and Valley Forge or on the southwest and northwest side of Philadelphia, so traffic problems will be avoided. The exact schedule in the museum is being worked out so we will have some update soon.  As the saying goes, Stay Tuned.

You have the option, as noted elsewhere, of adding event later, but I encourage you do not wait until the last minute.

John Scheib

Well, in my personal opinion, that is a sad turn of events. This Meet is supposed to be a celebration of the 50 years of the BCA. Not much is better than a thousand Buicks to show that. But the 71 banners of the local chapters and the 9 banners of the Divisions sure places a close second! As we are learning, the grass roots of the local organizations are of vital importance to the future of this club. Too bad there wasn't some way to display the pride of the Local folks.

Will say that I have to agree that there should be somewhere for all of the Chapters and Regions to display their banners. Were it not for the individuals, Chapters and Regions, there would be no need for Allentown 2016........

There is still time to figure something out........

Matt

• Like 5

Anyway back on topic, what is everyone bringing car wise to the meet. Anything rare or rarely seen? I'll have my 38-80C there. Driving up and should be in convoy with my Dad's 38-81F. Between the two just 658 produced. My 80C wont be the only one there however. Mr. B. has one too which has a one off interior by Fleetwood and a not retractable top, it was done by BMD for the Actor John Garfield.

Well this decision looks like it came out of the same brain trust that refuses to award 100 year centennial medallions to owners that bring centennial vehicles.

Two long stakes and a hammer would solve how to place the banners.  

About $6.00 for two at tractor supply.  http://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/garden-zone-light-duty-fence-post-3-ft?cm_vc=-10005

Just designate where to put the stakes in the ground. Five minute job.

Edited by Larry Schramm (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Anyway back on topic, what is everyone bringing car wise to the meet. Anything rare or rarely seen? I'll have my 38-80C there. Driving up and should be in convoy with my Dad's 38-81F. Between the two just 658 produced. My 80C wont be the only one there however. Mr. B. has one too which has a one off interior by Fleetwood and a not retractable top, it was done by BMD for the Actor John Garfield.

That's great, looking forward to seeing them.

It's my hope the owner of the 1941 Buick Limited Brunn Bodied Brougham would be there with his Buick. 

Are there efforts being made to get him and the Buick there?

post-101291-0-55861400-1455411670_thumb.

Edited by xp-300 (see edit history)
  • Like 1

I would love to see the Brunn bodied Buicks there to, as I have never actually seen one. Our ride will very likely be the '69 Electra, as the family wants to travel in comfort. There is some interest in getting as many '41s together as possible for the meet, and mine is rather rare, but I think that it will be staying at home!

Keith

Edited by Buicknutty (see edit history)

Melanie and I just registered and are tentatively planning on driving the '41 Limited limo from Cleveland, hopefully in a group with some other Buick fans from Ohio.

post-76547-0-79085300-1455595528_thumb.j

Edited by Matt Harwood (see edit history)
  • Like 7

Thanks, Ben. You know, the more I look at it, the more attractive it becomes. I'm still not fond of the stubby trunk, but the rest is indeed quite sleek. I'm in the process of writing a comparison test article for the CCCA between the Limited and the '41 Cadillac 60 Special. I can't argue against the looks of either machine but as much as I love the 60S, of the two cars, the Buick is the one I want to keep.

post-76547-0-76998200-1455633632_thumb.j

• Like 2

I understand Guy Bennett may bring his 1908 Model 10 - a real 'Pioneer Buick!'

I'll be there in my 92 Roadmaster - (which is special to me!)

We've registered our 1941-76C, and fingers crossed, we'll have it there. It's a fresh restoration, so I'm not so sure about driving it 550 miles from Charlotte NC. I know, I'm too worried to drive my own car. I'm pitiful, shame, shame, shame : )

Anyone in the southeast considered chipping in on multi-car trailering? I have no experience with this but maybe others do? Still scratching my head...hummmm.

Sooo looking forward to meeting everyone and seeing your cars!

Anderson

• Like 1