2016 Buick Club of America 50th Anniversary Event

Guest COMPACTBC

I notice that "Martin Guitar, Historic Bethlehem, lunch, "America on Wheels" tour seems to be the Tour of Bulgari Museum.  Is this true?  It is a bit confusing to me because unless you know the name of the Bulgari Museum to be  "America on Wheels" you could completely miss this major part of this National.  I think this needs to be clarified! :unsure: 

Guest COMPACTBC

Since I am comming from California, I will not be driving any of my Buicks.  I will be renting a car and driving around the area.  What provisions are being made for members that do this????  If i drive to the Bulgari Museum, where do I park my rental car??? :unsure: 

Bruce, and others.

America on Wheels is a museum in Allentown is independent and stands alone from Bulgari Complex. It is not part of the Bulgari complex. You can feel free to visit the AOW Museum separate from the bus tour if you so desire. The full name of the show complex is the Celebration of the American Motor Car

Complex and my understanding that most areas will be open, probable along with other cars on display.

You should be able to visit the other cars is the private collection at most any time the complex is

open, provided you are register as a participant. Otherwise it is Saturday only for a $5.00 donation

per person.

It has already been mentioned that there will be parking available nearby for non-registered cars. As to other events for other cars you are free to take the covered bridge tour at any time, but you might want to see if you can find anyone with an older car to share a ride, as this should be much more fun. In fact, you will be first on my list if you want me to help find a ride. Use a PM to send me your mobile phone number and how many people will need a ride.

John D. Scheib

Guest Jeff 1952

Good Tuesday Morning.   Here is your Labor Day Registration update:

Member Registrations               201

Guests                                        20

Car Registration                        194        (1,000 is our capacity)

BCA Banquet                             260

Guest Jeff 1952

Volunteers:   We are looking for a "few good men and women" to assist us in Celebrating 50 Great Years of the Buick Club of America.  We have chosen our Committee Chairs and now need help with our daily Allentown tasks.

Here are the areas for which we are looking for help:

Registration:                                        Packet and Goodie Bag Pick Up

Welcoming Committee:                      Smiling Faces Preferred

Show Field Parking Assistants:         A place for everyone and everyone in their assigned space

Tour Bus Docents:                              Around the World of Allentown in 80 Days

Trailer Parking:                                    Organized Parking is key to a safe event

Set Up:                                                  Monday, July 25, 2016

Clean Up:                                              Sunday, July 31, 2016

If you are interested in helping, please e-mail me at Jeff1952@tts-us.com.     I will get you hooked up with the Chair of Choice.

Thank you....JB

Edited by Jeff 1952 (see edit history)

Guest Jeff 1952

General Membership Meeting:  President Brian Clark has advised us that the BCA General Membership Meeting will be held at the National Celebration Site; Wednesday, July 27, 2016, at 7:00pm.

Guest Jeff 1952

For those Groups and Clubs within the Buick umbrella, we are now ready to work on our daily "meeting" Agenda. As you have seen, the General Membership meeting will be Wednesday evening at 7pm.

I need to hear from others, about their meeting requirements, so that we might reserve space and time for same.

Thanks..JB

• 1 month later...
Guest Jeff 1952

Good Tuesday morning!

A few factoids for the 2016 Buick celebration:

We have 229 cars registered to date with 309 Saturday night Banquet attendees.

Mike-Nancy-Angie and JB encourage you to get your Registration in for the meet; and your Hotel confirmed. 

You will be receiving two confirmations:

1.   The first -  that we have received your Registration and thank you for registering early.

2.    The second, as we get closer to the Meet, with your show field assigned space for your car(s) and details about the fabulous week you will be spending in Allentown.

We are looking for Volunteers for a number of positions and should you wish to lend us a hand for this most auspicious event, please contact me:  Jeff1952@tts-us.com          Thanks...JB

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Jeff 1952

Vendors and Car Parts:

I expect there will be a number of vendor requests for the 2016 event...which so far, there are.

Mr. Brian DePouli has worked out an arrangement for you to be able to rent an 8' table @ $20 each for the week; a table cloth for $10.

Please make sure you contact Brian, if we can help you with this service.

JB

Good Tuesday morning!

A few factoids for the 2016 Buick celebration:

We have 229 cars registered to date with 309 Saturday night Banquet attendees.

Mike-Nancy-Angie and JB encourage you to get your Registration in for the meet; and your Hotel confirmed. 

You will be receiving two confirmations:

1.   The first -  that we have received your Registration and thank you for registering early.

2.    The second, as we get closer to the Meet, with your show field assigned space for your car(s) and details about the fabulous week you will be spending in Allentown.

We are looking for Volunteers for a number of positions and should you wish to lend us a hand for this most auspicious event, please contact me:  Jeff1952@tts-us.com          Thanks...JB

Hi Jeff,  Can you tell me who the 1st confirmation is coming from?  My payment for the National has been cashed already and I do not have any notification from the Meet Committee.  Also several folks from my chapter reported the same thing last night at our regular meeting.

Thanks

Guest Jeff 1952

Here are the answers to your questions above.

Parking:     Cars will be parked by year:  1920-1929; 1930-1939;   you get the drift.

Registration Letter Confirmations:      The first wave/round of letters are expected to be sent out this weekend.  Please remember, as above, once Registration is closed, you will get a second Confirmation with your Year/Parking Space/Place assignment.

Guest Jeff 1952

Here is your November Registration Update:

Member and Guest Registrations:             304

Car Registrations:                                      265

BCA Banquet                                             340

Jeff, I received my registration confirmation in the mail, and there were a couple of items that needed to be corrected.  One of these might be an issue for others; the online registration form listed "Example:  1970 Buick Riviera" to show how to list any vehicles we intended to register.  My confirmation came back indicating that I had registered a 1970 Riviera!  My wife and I will be flying into Allentown, and will not be displaying a car.

When I send an e-mail to the registrar"at"buickclub.org e-mail address indicated on the confirmation letter in order to correct the errors, the e-mail bounces back with the message that it is not a valid e-mail address.  Will you please check to make certain that this is the e-mail address we should use for registration corrections?

Thanks for your help.

Brian,

My word is not "official", but it seems you may have also been charged an extra $25.00 for the car regstratiion.

Also, if you left that space blank with the "example" listed, there may by very many 1970 Riviera registered, that are really phantoms, so I hope they can get that corrected, if it a glich. 

The instructions on the mailed confirmation are to contact the office at the normal e mail, or Jeff.

John

• 1 month later...
Guest Jeff 1952

Here are the latest, end of the 2015 year factoids, for the 50th Anniversary celebration:

597 Registered Attendees

294 Cars

388 at the BCA Banquet (I am SHOCKED that EVERYONE isn't attending this most prestigious event.)

192 at the BHA Banquet.

Hotels sold out:

Fairfield Inn and Suites, Bethlehem

Hilton Garden Inn, Allentown-Bethlehem Airport

Renaissance, Allentown

Renaissance Inn, Allentown Airport.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Jeff 1952

I am pleased to announce to the Buick Club membership that we will be partnering with Hagerty Insurance, for a Youth Program at the 50th Anniversary Celebration in Allentown.  Watch the April Bugle for details.

Lanyards for all of our member attendees have also been most generally donated by Hagerty.

Thank you!

Guest Jeff 1952

Registration Update - January 17, 2016

Attendees               664

Buicks                    326

BCA Banquet         429

BHA Banquet         219

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Jeff 1952

To Our Vendors:

We have both inside and outside spaces.

Tables are available for $20 each. Linens, an additional $10.

Payment for same can be made at Registration and you will be supplied a Voucher to claim same at the Vendor site.

JB