2016 Buick Club of America 50th Anniversary Event

FYI, The Packard Club was at the Bulgari Complex in July. They have posted several pictures. The site looks great. Here is a link if you don't mind looking at a couple of Packard's as well as some Buick's.

http://www.packardclub.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3171

• Like 2

I was looking at the registration form, and I see that there are no meal choices posted yet for the Saturday benquet. So, do you know when will they be available, and, if one registers before they are posted, how would one make the choices later on. Would we be contacted with this question?

Thanks.

Keith

Guest Jeff 1952

Peter has now loaded a picture of the Allentown Show field, which many of you have requested, above.

The excitement continues to build for 2016!

Celebrate! Celebrate! Dance to the Buicks!

JB

For those who want to see it with Google Maps, you can search N. Ellsworth Street, Allentown, PA and just point the arrow to do a virtual drive around it as it looked in Oct 2014. Can't wait to see it up close.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I have several friends who live locally that would like to attend.  Will the complex be "open to the public" or can only BCA members (and 1 guest each) attend?  If open to non-members, is there a fee to attend?  Can they show their Buick, or is that option only available to members?

Thanks, Chris

Guest Jeff 1952

The show will be open to the Public on Saturday and there will be an admission charge, donated to charity, for same.

You MUST be a member of the Buick Club to participate for the week and display your car.

Guest Jeff 1952

Car Registration:  The question has been ask about the "age" of a car for registration purposes. 2004 and OLDER may be registered to be on the show field.  JB

Guest Jeff 1952

Awards:    The question has been ask, by more than one of the fine folks in the Buick Club:  What awards are being given.  Here we go:

AWARDS/TROPHIES

BEST OF SHOW

BEST PRE-WAR

BEST POST WAR

Spirit of BCA 1903 – 1919

Spirit of BCA 1920’S

Spirit of BCA 1930’S

Spirit of BCA 1940’S

Spirit of BCA 1950’S

Spirit of BCA 1960’S

Spirit of BCA 1970’S

Spirit of BCA 1980’S

Spirit of BCA 1990 – 2004

Spirit of BCA ARCHIVAL PRE-WAR

Spirit of BCA ARCHIVAL POST-WAR

Spirit of BCA RIVIERA 

Spirit of BCA REATTA

Spirit of BCA GRAN SPORT

Spirit of BCA GRAND NATIONAL

Spirit of BCA MODIFIED

Spirit of BCA 1953 – 1954 SKYLARK

Spirit of BCA CONVERTIBLE

Spirit of BCA HARDTOP

Spirit of BCA SEDAN

Spirit of BCA STATION WAGON

Spirit of BCA PROFESSIONAL CAR

Spirit of BCA RACE CAR

CHAIRMAN'S CHOICE - Brashares Family Foundation

3 Literary awards

Long Distance Pre-War 

Long Distance Post-War

Gerstkemper Membership award

BHA HERITAGE BUICK award

BULGARI SPIRIT OF BUICK award

Edited by Jeff 1952 (see edit history)

Guest my3buicks

Lot of awards for a non-judged show - seems to me if there can be 35 awards(tough to pick out the cars if there is to be no judging)  there could have been normal judging, just saying.  One of the reasons I am not attending. The gross expense of attending and attending the events would be another. 

Edited by my3buicks (see edit history)

Guest Jeff 1952

Hi Keith:   You and I have been friends for al long time so if money is an object, my treat!

As to Judging, Alan Oldfield, John Steed and Rick Schick have been kind enough to offer their time to work with Keith and Christina to pick the cars for the above awards.

JB

Guest Jeff 1952

Trailer Parking Location which will be available Wednesday evening for the rest of the week:

Coca-Cola Park

1050 IronPigs Way

Allentown, PA  18109

Guest Jeff 1952

What a GREAT fund-a-raisin idea. I wish we would have thought of that!    Courtesy of Allentown & Coca Cola Park.  JB 

Guest my3buicks

I know recently at the AACA Spring meet in Virginia they charged for trailer parking - didn't really bother me but it caused a pretty big stink that is still getting brought up regularly.  Just food for thought if anyone has idea's for the future.

• Like 1

Is there a cut off date for vehicle registration? Will show cars be able to be on display, and remain on the show field, the days before the "event" on Sat? Sorry if these questions were already answered earlier...........Bob

Guest Jeff 1952

July 6, is the final cutoff date for Registration for the 2016 Celebration.

We will close Car Registration, when we reach 1,000 cars; the capacity of the show field. People registration, continues until July 6, as I have stated above.

You may leave cars overnight on the Bulgari Property but not all Hotels will have shuttle service. Those that will,  is to be determined by Hotel Registration.

The web site does not accept non USA phone numbers (a required field) :- Please ensure all values are in a proper format.

What is the "proper format"?

Does not accept 0000000 or 123456789

Edited by 1939_Buick (see edit history)

The web site does not accept non USA phone numbers (a required field) :- Please ensure all values are in a proper format.

What is the "proper format"?

Does not accept 0000000 or 123456789

So fudged a phone number and now the web site does not accept non USA credit cards

I have set up web based forms like these for events (using a different software provider) Its not hard.

So back to Model T technolgy of stamp and letter.

No wonder BCA membership is declining

"So fudged a phone number and now the web site does not accept non USA credit cards

I have set up web based forms like these for events (using a different software provider) Its not hard.

So back to Model T technolgy of stamp and letter.

No wonder BCA membership is declining"

I DON'T THINK THAT HAS MUCH TO DO WITH BCA MEMBERSHIP DECLINING.

Pete Phillips

• Like 2