I JUST LOVE THE PICTURE OF THIS BUICK...........

29 minutes ago, 60FlatTop said:

Labor Day weekend at the Olcott Beach Cruise In. 15 years ago? Maybe more.

olcott2.jpg.bddf828de7aa722ee45646cc0e016619.jpg

They get close to 1,000 cars now.

Just found another.

rivolc.jpg.3b1052127c47c84e2599a7120b321a4c.jpg

Bernie

I think I've just added a new color combo to my first gen Riviera colors wish list. Titian Red in 54, what is that Bernie? 

26 minutes ago, MrEarl said:

think I've just added a new color combo to my first gen Riviera colors wish list. Titian Red in 54, what is that Bernie? 

Eight coats of Claret Mist Metallic over red oxide primer in 1981. The vinyl top is off at the moment and I have been leisurely sanding for the next repaint (that might be the last time for me). Even though I have recaptured the originality of the bare top, my current plan is a two toning with a silver top and black cherry lower.

I fully plan to plagiarize this:

If I don't like the silver I will scuff it and go solid maroon.

The nice lady at Clark's has agreed to do a stock '64 interior in gray with burgundy piping. The rear hinged doors may also become a reality. That is one of the reasons I have decided to bring the '60 Electra to the Nationals this year, picked up the white paint for that last Friday.

Now, the idea of copying Rolls-Royce style on a Buick. You gotta be a friend of Bill's to do that.... no, not that one! Bill Mitchell, the car guy.

Bernie

Oh, if the door thing happens they will be electric motorized, actuated by '47-48 hood releases.

I have had the car for 38 years this May, so I guess a little monkeying around with it. We have a tailor in town who has made me a couple of nice suits. Maybe I will show him some of Bill Mitchell's suits and get one to go with the car.

Edited by 60FlatTop (see edit history)
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, MrEarl said:

Haulin Buicks

image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

The Boutell trucks would most likely leaving the Flint assembly plant.  They were a big trucking company in the Flint area serving Buick and the other plants.

The second picture would most likely be the Jim Causley dealer in the Detroit area.

The last picture with the building in the background looks like the Flint assembly plant. 

• Like 4

I think I detect why the trunk lids are rotted out!? A rather damp climate. If that 51/52 Roadmaster mustache bar is not cracked, it ought to be saved. Also check and see if it is a power steering car if it is a '52. First year for power steering. 

Edited by g-g-g0
Spelling (see edit history)