I JUST LOVE THE PICTURE OF THIS BUICK...........

39 minutes ago, 91vert said:

July 17th 1913  Model 10 Buick of 1910 vintage became the first car to climb Pike's Peak unassisted.

The 165 cubic inch engine developed 22.5 H.P. and had a 2 speed planetary transmission.

Not this car.

1910 Buick White

Yes, the book "Seventy Years of Buick" shows photos of the modified Model 10 Buick also climbing the stairs of the summit house on Pike's Peak.

46 minutes ago, 91vert said:

July 17th 1913  Model 10 Buick of 1910 vintage became the first car to climb Pike's Peak unassisted.

The 165 cubic inch engine developed 22.5 H.P. and had a 2 speed planetary transmission.

Not this car.

1910 Buick White

Not with me in it...now or never ever.

1 hour ago, old-tank said:

Not with me in it...now or never ever.

Anyone who has been up Pikes Peak, especially before it was paved all he way and select guardrails installed, can surely appreciate the butt puckering experience that must have been. Coming down could very well have been more adventurous than going up.

The road conditions would have been atrocious in 1913 as even main roads down in the flat lands were not very good.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, JZRIV said:

Anyone who has been up Pikes Peak, especially before it was paved all he way and select guardrails installed, can surely appreciate the butt puckering experience that must have been. Coming down could very well have been more adventurous than going up.

The road conditions would have been atrocious in 1913 as even main roads down in the flat lands were not very good.

Been there, experienced that back in 1967 and again later in 1995.  Truly scary.

1 hour ago, Pilgrim65 said:

On reviewing your photos Mr Earl , bet you know what year the pale green convertible in the Sinclair garage is, no port holes , but looks like a Buick  , similar shape to my 53 , probably earlier 50?

cheers

pilgrim

If you are asking about what I think you are, I believe that is an Old's and a 2dr hardtop..

Cal.

2 hours ago, JohnD1956 said:

You got it right the first time.  It's a beauty alright, one of the Mopars I'd love to try out.

This is the wrong forum for that, so I tried to save face by praising the 54 in the background. :P Besides, it's not a DeSoto.... :ph34r:

• Like 1