I JUST LOVE THE PICTURE OF THIS BUICK...........

11 hours ago, Elpad said:

Bottom picture looks like a Buick in Cuba

Probably taken last week.  Wonder if it's powered by a Soviet diesel. ;)

After looking at the other pictures of Yanks Tanks in Cuba, can you imagine how much money some of these Cubans will make off of these cars if the U.S. and Cuba open trade relations?  Collectors and restorers are going to make a bee line for the island.

Edited by RivNut (see edit history)

Great ingenuity to keep those things running in such limited circumstances, and cool to see so many on the road.  But I would never buy a Cuban car.  Let's add up the drawbacks - Decades in a tropical climate, kept in service for just as long, third driveline transplant.  Then add on the shipping.

I want a little old lady car in the South West that was kept in a garage, driven easy and only on occasion, with an umolested drivetrain,   If you can find it...

• Like 3

I agree with Father Buick about the Mutant Cuban Buicks! I also want that Ms. Daisy's 54 Buick Skylark she is hiding in the barn.... keep dreaming my friend...and I'm not promoting Dos X

here few more pics

331DFC5D-93BB-411C-B713-2077A5F76B12-2692-000002C374EC6DCD_tmp.png

14C251CE-BF26-4FB0-8CF2-BAAE59148C90-2692-000002C3C61F0C89_tmp.png

E08FBFCE-5CE3-4C97-8939-DA562190F1B7-2692-000002C9D0169657_tmp.png

37A22D84-E46A-41E4-B0FA-E5456CE661E7-2692-000002CA78E4539F_tmp.png

Edited by Elpad
Spelling (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Like the  over the door armrest pad .... maybe someone here can patent the idea. Different colors to match you vehicle and you can even personalize same.... I don't think that Latin culture idea would never take off in the good old USA!

On 2/8/2017 at 11:09 AM, RivNut said:

Probably taken last week.  Wonder if it's powered by a Soviet diesel. ;)

After looking at the other pictures of Yanks Tanks in Cuba, can you imagine how much money some of these Cubans will make off of these cars if the U.S. and Cuba open trade relations?  Collectors and restorers are going to make a bee line for the island.

They are making The $ now, most of these cars are taxis catering to the tourist industry making hundreds of dollars a day when the average wage is about $500 a month including professional wages, Go figure! 

With the latest US-Cuba relationship, cubans on the island are buying lots of parts as wheels, emblems, mostly cosmetic parts for looks.

14 hours ago, MrEarl said:

?  So how do I advertise?

Word of mouth, they find someone that has a relative in US then the relative search the parts here just like we do and then find somebody else traveling to the island to bring the parts back for a fee. This is mostly a family affair and yes mostly in Español.

12 hours ago, JZRIV said:

Couldn't find record of me posting this one but looks vaguely familiar. Sorry if a repeat. 

d0ddc6b3747ada66bec9de48968dfc2d.jpg

images.jpg

Like the bike and the front end of the second picture

• Like 1

5 hours ago, 91vert said:

tumblr_ol6xm8ugKT1qcdxvpo1_1280.jpg

My grandfather's first car was a Red and Black 1953 Roadmaster. I bring it up because before my grandma died, he had a picture of himself standing like this next to his Roadmaster (except he was wearing Army fatigues). I'll have to look for it, but a lot of photos went missing after my grandmother passed in 2010 and the vultures ransacked the house while he mourned.