I JUST LOVE THE PICTURE OF THIS BUICK...........

I wish drive-ins still existed. I was pretty upset when they tore down the old drive-in theater a year before I got my Buick back on the road. Now if I want the experience, I need to find a giant white wall and bring my own projector... not the same! There are maybe two food places still around, but it's a park and walk in thing. I blame drive-thrus.

• Like 1

We needed a dash plaque photo for the upcoming 36-38 Buick Club Tour in Wilmington NC. The club is open to all Straight 8 Buicks so I invited the local Straight 8 Buick owners to meet at the USSNC Battleship Memorial this afternoon for some photos. Here are a couple of the photos. How many other folks have a 1935 Buick and five 1937 Buicks in their local area?

DSC_0606.JPG

DSC_0618.JPG

• Like 11

image.jpeg.f3fa5aa3bf3665701d09f3865bd58

Looks like a meeting of the rare standard shift car buyers club. The Caddy is a possible long shot, but all the rest could have been ordered three on the tree.

We had a neighbor around the corner who pulled his Airstream with a factory 4 speed Chrysler Newport, but the three speeds were more common.

Bernie

Edited by 60FlatTop (see edit history)
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, 60FlatTop said:

image.jpeg.f3fa5aa3bf3665701d09f3865bd58

Looks like a meeting of the rare standard shift car buyers club. The Caddy is a possible long shot, but all the rest could have been ordered three on the tree.

We had a neighbor around the corner who pulled his Airstream with a factory 4 speed Chrysler Newport, but the three speeds were more common.

Bernie

I'm guessing that the cars with white wall tires are automatics.

59 minutes ago, MrEarl said:

WHEN EVERYDAY PARKING LOTS WERE CAR SHOWS

image.jpeg

and "Wow, Colors Man!!!"

And the range of years? All but one or maybe two, appear to be early fifties?

The good old day, NOT ONE FORIEGN CAR IN THE PICTURE !!!!!!

Right corner 2nd row , I think I see a Black 54  Hudson JET with a continental kit !!!!

• Like 5