I JUST LOVE THE PICTURE OF THIS BUICK...........

5 hours ago, Pilgrim65 said:

Saw this yesterday , beautiful car, what year

20170401_112328.jpg

20170401_112337.jpg

After looking at 70 Years of Buick, it looks like a 1911 Model 26 roadster.

Looks like someone repainted it Red as in the book it states that Buick built 1000 of this model but all in battleship gray.

It sported a totally new 121 cubic inch engine.

Cal.

• Like 4

On ‎2017‎-‎03‎-‎30 at 4:39 AM, Pilgrim65 said:

no more skylarks please, ruins my day, cause I cant afford one

Sorry Pilgrim65       I think I like the colour of the 3rd one down, burgundy ?, maroon ? I can't afford one either but they sure look good.

1953 Buick Skylark Convertible:1953 Buick Skylark Convertible:1953 Buick Skylark Convertible 2:1953 Buick Skylark Convertible Coupe #BuickRoadmasterConvertible #winddeflector #windscreens http://www.windblox.com/:1953 Buick Skylark....sigh....the closest thing I had to this was a 1963 Buick Special...which wasn't really that close at all.:Would LOVE to take a roadtrip in this beauty! - Buick:specialcar:      1953 Buick Skylark:

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, 91vert said:

Image result for old photos of cars

Every time I search "Buick" that beautiful RoadRag is looking at me! If I'm not mistaken, I saw it briefly at the 2012 ? Nationals in Charlotte, NC

13 minutes ago, 91vert said:

Sorry Pilgrim65       I think I like the colour of the 3rd one down, burgundy ?, maroon ? I can't afford one either but they sure look good.

1953 Buick Skylark Convertible:1953 Buick Skylark Convertible:1953 Buick Skylark Convertible 2:1953 Buick Skylark Convertible Coupe #BuickRoadmasterConvertible #winddeflector #windscreens http://www.windblox.com/:1953 Buick Skylark....sigh....the closest thing I had to this was a 1963 Buick Special...which wasn't really that close at all.:Would LOVE to take a roadtrip in this beauty! - Buick:specialcar:      1953 Buick Skylark:

I'll take any color!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Elpad said:

Every time I search "Buick" that beautiful RoadRag is looking at me! If I'm not mistaken, I saw it briefly at the 2012 ? Nationals in Charlotte, NC

Yes it was there. But I surely hope you didn't touch it as you would have likely gotten yelled at by the owner like my son was at the 100th Buick birthday in Flint in '03. My 12 yr old son Jordan and I were walking around the car with our hands and arms behind our back as I had suggested to Jordan earlier in the day that we do. When Jordan went to point at the vent window and was exclaiming "Wow Dad, look at how this vent window doesn't have a frame" and I was overjoyed that he had noticed such a small detail, a loud voice came from the back of the car "Don't touch the car kid!" It was all I could do to keep from grabbing the owner by the collar and asking "Does my boy look like a baby goat to you mr.". Instead we just walked away and it was beginning to ruin my sons whole day but I just told him "Don't let it bother you, that guys probably not bad when he doesn't have his head up his ass" . Jordan got a kick out of that and we just laughed it off.  I later learned who the owner of the car is and he has been known to check in here. As payback however, I tell this story every time I get a chance such as this. Do I hold a grudge, heck no, just don't ever yell at my son OR my dog, that simple. 

Edited by MrEarl
changed f to r. Pardon my freudian slip (see edit history)
  • Like 13
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, RivNut said:

Image result for buicks concours

Wow, Ed, that is an an awesome picture. Any info on it? Would love to have a high res image of it or similar scene  of those three cars together for framing. Added this to my Buick Concept file. Thanks for sharing, truly a super "I Just Love the Picture of this Buick" picture.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MrEarl said:

a loud voice came from the back of the car

Reminds of of a local meet I had my '60 at. A friend of mine and I were by my car and I was letting an attractive young woman sit in the car so I could explain the Mirror Magic Speedometer when the loud voice came from behind. It was my friend's wife. And she made him stay by his car and away from me for the rest of the day.

Bernie

• Like 3